🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
  1. #41
    Originally Posted by duncanr2n Go to original post
    No AC:Bloodlines? That had a map, did it not?
    Basically it is all the main games. I do not own or have played the game, but I will see what I can do
    Share this post

  2. #42
    Originally Posted by Senningiri_GR Go to original post
    The Caribbean Sea map has a lot of land alone. Now with the rest... The number must be around from 2.000.000 m2 to 4.000.000 m2.
    I think there is a bit of misunderstanding. They compared the playable landmass of Black Flag with Paris. That's different. For example, the map of Principe is 4.000.000m2 in size, with landmass being half of it, but the playable part is around, what, 50.000-100.000 km? You can't access the rest of it. Same with Cape Bonavista, the playing part of it would be around the same (they're far smaller areas than cities). All the main locations have approximately 1.000.000m2 playable, and all the playable landmass in the Caribbean is 500.000-700.000km2 max. I'm sure Ubisoft would know exact numbers, as they did the comparison.
    Share this post

  3. #43
    Originally Posted by Senningiri_GR Go to original post
    Basically it is all the main games. I do not own or have played the game, but I will see what I can do
    Well, I wouldn't worry too much, I only brought it up cause you had the maps from AC:Liberation which, story-wise is less important than the events from AC:Bloodlines.

    For anyone who cares, here's the only map you get in Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles:

    Share this post

  4. #44
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    I think there is a bit of misunderstanding. They compared the playable landmass of Black Flag with Paris. That's different. For example, the map of Principe is 4.000.000m2 in size, with landmass being half of it, but the playable part is around, what, 50.000-100.000 km? You can't access the rest of it. Same with Cape Bonavista, the playing part of it would be around the same (they're far smaller areas than cities). All the main locations have approximately 1.000.000m2 playable, and all the playable landmass in the Caribbean is 500.000-700.000km2 max. I'm sure Ubisoft would know exact numbers, as they did the comparison.
    Well I still believe that Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag has a bit of more land space. Also don't forget that Paris is so big as they were copy pasting small locations (not actually a very bad idea, but impossible for something like The Frontier). I can't be sure, of course Ubisoft must have better maps than those I have measured and created.

    Originally Posted by duncanr2n Go to original post
    Well, I wouldn't worry too much, I only brought it up cause you had the maps from AC:Liberation which, story-wise is less important than the events from AC:Bloodlines.

    For anyone who cares, here's the only map you get in Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles:


    Yes it is true that the Assassin's Creed Bloodlines story is more important that Assassin's Creed Liberation. Also as I have read in the Assassin's Creed Wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki...27s_Creed_Wiki) they intended to make it a part of the first Assassin's Creed with also an extra map of Constantinople. I will try to measure them if you want me to do, but please not the Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles there are also smaller maps while in game but they look terrible. I have played it and really dislike it as I do for Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery. I don't like this type of games.
    Share this post

  5. #45
    Originally Posted by Senningiri_GR Go to original post
    I will try to measure them if you want me to do, but please not the Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles there are also smaller maps while in game but they look terrible.
    Sorry that bit about the DS game was joke. Not really intending you to include that.

    As for AC:Bloodlines, the maps comparatively are really small, I don't know that they would be of much value, other than it would be interesting to see how they compare. If I recall, AC:Bloodlines had different cities and each city was broken up into smaller chunks just to fit it on the PSP. Not really important though
    Share this post

  6. #46
    Originally Posted by duncanr2n Go to original post
    Sorry that bit about the DS game was joke. Not really intending you to include that.

    As for AC:Bloodlines, the maps comparatively are really small, I don't know that they would be of much value, other than it would be interesting to see how they compare. If I recall, AC:Bloodlines had different cities and each city was broken up into smaller chunks just to fit it on the PSP. Not really important though
    They are quite impossible because I never played the game, and it is extremely hard to measure such an old and only campaign game only from You Tube Videos. Sorry for any disappointment.
    Share this post

  7. #47
    Since this thread is up, wanted to ask, would you like/have time to make a picture with all the maps to scale against each other? Size comparison, you know, how they make stuff like this. I think it would be really curious to look at those maps with direct visual comparison
    Share this post

  8. #48
    ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Poortugal
    Posts
    7,203
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    Since this thread is up, wanted to ask, would you like/have time to make a picture with all the maps to scale against each other? Size comparison, you know, how they make stuff like this. I think it would be really curious to look at those maps with direct visual comparison
    I think this are better examples of what you want maybe.




    Share this post

  9. #49
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    Since this thread is up, wanted to ask, would you like/have time to make a picture with all the maps to scale against each other? Size comparison, you know, how they make stuff like this. I think it would be really curious to look at those maps with direct visual comparison
    Well I am planing to expand this thread with map comparisons with real life maps of the historical era and maps in the games and how much they are alike. But if you want me to make this type of comparison. Here is an Assassin's Creed example I found here, but not so correct:
    I will try it.
    Share this post

  10. #50
    Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,182
    That one doesn't quite make sense, seeing as Havama, Nassau, Kingston as all part of the bigger sailing map...
    Share this post