XaeroTheHero's Avatar Magnus Opus

Select Screen name pop-up

Hello!

I am getting this pop-up for every click or navigation I do on the new forums. I have tried click "save" and I have tried click "close" but it still comes up every time I navigate. Same on 3 tested computers.

Aguton's Avatar Community Manager Ubisoft
    I am looking into it and will come back to you as soon as possible.

I have this issue as well and have been messaging Support back and forth for days with no real luck yet. Since the latest reply they've asked if I'm running Windows 10 (I'm not) and want my dxdiag and msinfo32 info- I respectfully declined. I feel the request is more invasive than helpful and if they had an idea they should present it instead of asking for my details to see for themselves lol

Hereticide8/9/2015 11:40:07 PM Almost there.

I noted the default value for the "Log in" link in the upper right to be:
    http://forums.ubi.com/login.php?do=ubilogin_new

So I manually entered instead:
    forums.ubi.com/login.php?do=ssologin

Voila! I am now able to login to the forums.

However. The "Select Your Default Screen Name" pop-up remains blank after a brief loading animation. Javascript is enabled. If you would be so kind, please update my Default Screen Name to "Hereticide" so that I may proceed past this pop-up, or, advise on any solutions you may have to get the window to display properly so that I may select it.

Hereticide8/9/2015 11:11:35 PM It may be of note that within support.ubi.com clicking to "log in" causes a white empty box to appear that does not disappear, yet upon clicking refresh I am successfully logged in. The "Please wait..." does not appear for support.ubi.com. Also, attempting this workaround does not yield results for the forums.ubi.com as I will not be logged in but will be presented with yet another "Please wait..." screen.

The reason this must be resolved is the game I currently play, The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, is getting a forum here at forums.ubi.com and, being an avid poster, I would like to be able to participate when the new forums are released. That being said, however, I am unable to login to any forum at forums.ubi.com whether it is the new MQEL forums or existing and established forums such as assassin's creed etc. This issue is not limited to the recency of the new forums but covers all existing forums as well for me.

Hereticide8/9/2015 11:07:26 PM It does not automatically log me in, unfortunately. I am currently logged into Uplay (and have been through previous submissions of these questions via the Uplay support portal) and the Ubisoft Forums tab does not have me logged in. In the upper right hand corner of my screen here at support.ubi.com, as well as uplay.ubi.com, I am logged in as Hereticide as evident by my name appearing there. The forums.ubi.com tab does not have me logged in and displays in the upper right only "Log in" and "Help" and clicking to log in brings me back to the reported issue of not being able to get past the "Please wait..." message.

Taylor8/9/2015 4:53:42 PM Please sign in to your account through the main Uplay website and then try accessing the forums in a new tab. Logging in from the Uplay website should automatically log you in to the forums.

The two consecutive links can be found below:
    https://uplay.ubi.com/
    http://forums.ubi.com/

If you continue to experience issues then I recommend accessing the website from another network.

Hereticide8/9/2015 7:58:48 AM Cache and Cookies: Cleared
    Iexplore + Chrome: Issue persists
    Current Browser: Firefox (Supported and up to date)
    Adobe Flash Player: Up to date

Additionally: ping request to forums.ubi.com successful (195.22.144.81) as is the loading of the page. In fact, loading any and every other site with any number of plugins enabled or disabled, works. The pop-up with "Please Wait..." persists even after temporarily pointing to google public DNS.

The frame fails to load even when in a separate tab or window and persists with "Please Wait..."

Taylor8/8/2015 9:57:36 PM As a first step, I recommend that you clear your browser's cache and cookies, as these cause numerous problems when navigating sites over the web.

If that does not resolve your problem, you will want to try a different browser entirely. I am including a list below of browsers that work well for today's web content. Also make sure to clear the other browser's cache and cookies as well prior to loading the page.

- Mozilla Firefox
    - Google Chrome
    - Internet Explorer
    - Safari

You will also want to check the version of your browser, downloading and installing any updates that may be available.

Also, check for any updates to web content plugins such as Adobe Flash Player: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Please note that especially high traffic to our sites may cause intermittent website issues. If the issue persists, please try again a bit later.

Let me know if the problem persists after going through these steps, and I will do what I can to help.

Hereticide8/8/2015 9:27:06 PM Ubisoft forums display "Please Wait..." and will never update to either log me in or offer a login prompt with appropriate fields. The "Please Wait..." will remain with an animated bar underneath and will never disappear which will not allow me into any of the forums hosted at http://forums.ubi.com/

Please advise.

XaeroTheHero's Avatar Magnus Opus
    The CM somehow solved it in my case. I no longer have this issue.

Aguton's Avatar Community Manager Ubisoft
    I'll see if I can get it fixed for you as well Hereticide. I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Thank you Aguton! =) Yeah I'm still getting the pop-up and across all forums (not just MQEL) and my latest support reply was that they could only change my username through Uplay if I had created the account post 2012. So silly because it's not my username that's the problem but the "default screen name" lol it's like they aren't even listening at all and I'd even linked back to this thread to clarify that the issue wasn't happening to just myself =P I can post, my name appears correctly, I just get a blank pop-up on every single screen that I've had to dismiss countless times already as "Save" etc won't work because there isn't anything populated for it to save lol

ulti.K's Avatar The Diamond Archer
    try going to chrome://flags this is a ur life in the chrome browser, check to see if maybe there is a plugin that is blocked. (NaPI, other things...)

Odanih's Avatar Junior Member
    I have the exact same problem and I'm unable to fix it as of now.. Tried everything suggested in this thread..

I doubt it is a specific browser problem, I have had this exact same annoying pop-up since the changeover to the new forums and I use Firefox.

It is exceptionally annoying to have to close the box every page change before being able to interact with said page. Which is why I generally do not log in while browsing the forums unless i am commenting on something.

Yeah... I still have the same issue too despite the ticket etc.

Aguton, if you would be so kind, is there a way for you to manually set my Default screen name to Hereticide? It seems like it may be a bother if they don't fix this in the long run but, for now, if you're able to address it manually one at a time then we'd at least have a few people with the issue addressed.