dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by siavash1380 Go to original post
    !- The next franchise will be in Egypt.
    2- the only piece of eden related to Egypt is the ankh (you can search about it in Wikias).
    3- assassins will look for the ankh.
    4- assassins' mentor is William Miles, Desmond's father.
    5- Guess what? The ankh can resurrect the dead.
    6- Let's not forget about Juno. She will return and the only person who can oppose her is our dead hero.
    Now it's up to you...
    The Ankh was a Piece of Eden capable of healing the sick, and temporarily resurrecting the dead. It also acted as a recording device, storing the mannerisms of a living person and being able to return those mannerisms to a corpse.
    Also, Desmond's body is probably long gone by now and I doubt it can resurrect him out of thin air.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    By now I would be okay with them using the time traveling piece of eden to save Desmond.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    I think it's kind of silly to argue against Desmond's return by saying that you want the story to move forward.

Consider this: if the MD Assassins set out to collect the Shroud (and maybe also the koh, and some other combination POEs) to resurrect Desmond, it would be the first time we had a major and tangible arc in the story since 2012. I fail to see why that isn't moving the story forward.

Or would you prefer more floating tablets and non-interactive cutscenes?

Sorrosyss's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow, this is an old thread. lol.

It was made in half jest at the time, and I personally don't think they'd go down this route now. Darby confirmed that Desmond was cremated since Black Flag, so whilst his body is gone, we still know his mind is in the Grey.

If we take the belief that Abstergo will be co-opted into creating a new Isu body for Juno, it can't be too much of a stretch to believe the same process could get Desmond back into a body too. Whether that involves a combination of the Shroud and the Ankh, remains to be seen. There is a link to Egypt in all this admittedly, but as with Ancient Egyptian culture there is an underlying theme of rebirth - something the AC franchise is looking to do too.

Originally Posted by Sorrosyss Go to original post

If we take the belief that Abstergo will be co-opted into creating a new Isu body for Juno, it can't be too much of a stretch to believe the same process could get Desmond back into a body too. Whether that involves a combination of the Shroud and the Ankh, remains to be seen. There is a link to Egypt in all this admittedly, but as with Ancient Egyptian culture there is an underlying theme of rebirth - something the AC franchise is looking to do too.

Yeah, I find this to be the most likely course. Bringing Consus back incarnate is pretty cool, but I can't help but feel like that it's not going to go according to plan. My guess is Juno (most likely) or Desmond (less likely, but would be exciting) will hijack the process and join us in the physical world.

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    I think it's kind of silly to argue against Desmond's return by saying that you want the story to move forward.

Consider this: if the MD Assassins set out to collect the Shroud (and maybe also the koh, and some other combination POEs) to resurrect Desmond, it would be the first time we had a major and tangible arc in the story since 2012. I fail to see why that isn't moving the story forward.

I agree that we need more focus in order to move the story forward, but I think there are far better ways to deal with the current situation without resorting to the corniest of them all (chosen one resurrects and saves the day! Yay! Just consider this as an option makes me cringe).

Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx Go to original post
    I agree that we need more focus in order to move the story forward, but I think there are far better ways to deal with the current situation without resorting to the corniest of them all (chosen one resurrects and saves the day! Yay! Just consider this as an option makes me cringe).
    Well, they've been trying to move forward without Desmond for about 4 years now, and I think we can agree that it's been pretty weak. If they could pull off a strong narrative without Desmond, great- but we don't need to discount him entirely.

Regarding the corniness- well, yeah, I wouldn't want to see the "chosen one resurrect to save the day" either.
    That's where these last four years come in. The world has moved on without Desmond. Yes, even AC's MD, in it's paradoxically limited yet overly complex scope, has moved forward just enough to leave him in the dust. If he returns, he won't find the world the same as he left it.

Maybe he'll be at odds with Galina, the new poster child of the Assassins, sparking a rivalry that could shake the Brotherhood to its core.
    Maybe he'll have seen Berg's footage of Shay, and be brainwashed/persuaded to hunt down his former brothers.
    Maybe he'll come back fractured and insane, to the horror of those who once called him a friend.

He doesn't even need to be the protagonist anymore- but I think he deserves a spot back in the series.

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post

I agree, at this point I don't care if a piece of eden makes him appear out of thin air, The series needs a protagonist!

jellejackhammer's Avatar Member
    A could sage could work Well as a protag. Having a sage that is a assassin could be a Very intresting dynamic. Imagine that between sequenses when you play the MD with Our sage protagonist we would see visions of juno and vital pieces of info about her. This could show her weakness. The more vissions hè/she has the more info we get On how to use her weakness against juno. It could Also result in having Our protagonist having sour feelings about the end goal because hè/she is still a reincarnation of juno's husband, a conection that for sure would make the protag face a deeply emotional look at his mission. And the fact that he/she has to fullfill that mission in believes to the brotherhood but at the cost of shattering the hope of having juno back in the sage's life would make the MD a emotional and strong story that is very connected with first civ.

Originally Posted by jellejackhammer Go to original post
    A could sage could work Well as a protag. Having a sage that is a assassin could be a Very intresting dynamic. Imagine that between sequenses when you play the MD with Our sage protagonist we would see visions of juno and vital pieces of info about her. This could show her weakness. The more vissions hè/she has the more info we get On how to use her weakness against juno. It could Also result in having Our protagonist having sour feelings about the end goal because hè/she is still a reincarnation of juno's husband, a conection that for sure would make the protag face a deeply emotional look at his mission. And the fact that he/she has to fullfill that mission in believes to the brotherhood but at the cost of shattering the hope of having juno back in the sage's life would make the MD a emotional and strong story that is very connected with first civ.
    Well the son of Desmond might be the answer to your wish. ^-^