Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Desmond's time has come and passed - he made up his mind and moved on as he would want us to.

Resurrecting him would only undermine that in my opinion.

The_Kiwi_'s Avatar Senior Member
    I'd like the idea of a broken William hunting for a device to bring Desmond back, but actually bringing him back with a device would be really stupid
    It would diminish the events of AC3 and it would just start a dangerous precedent

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    Besides, Desmond isn't dead, so he doesn't need to be resurrected.

Spoiler:  Show
    It was the Abstergo-created clone of Desmond that died in the Grand Temple. The real Desmond and Lucy are held captive deep in the bowels of Abstergo.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    Let the conspiracy theories begin

X_xWolverinEx_X's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HDinHB Go to original post

It was the Abstergo-created clone of Desmond that died in the Grand Temple. The real Desmond and Lucy are held captive deep in the bowels of Abstergo.

-_- neck yourself

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member

So that's where all the r34 goodies came from. God bless the Templars.

So let me bring up two new ideas:

- What if Desmond returns/get revived (early) in the game, where we can choose in modern day as who we play? So Desmond or Galina, like Jacob or Evie in the game.

- What if not only the Assassins are going for the Shroud but also the Templars? Wouldn't it be interesting if they would want to bring Warren Vidic back?

I don't think people understand how good this could be, not resurrecting Desmond but having this in the storyline. If there is a modern day... It would be really cool to play as Galina and the assassins with you trying to find the Shroud of Eden, along the way us seeing the characters deep feeling of what they want it for and actually seeing William get over the death of Desmond... we could see a connection between Galina and William who both have similar goals of trying to resurrect the dead, both feeling guilty for what happened. Maybe we will see Galina actually resurrect her mother or sister and then see William try to resurrect Desmond but fail to do so, which is where we see the deep emotions William was feeling and how he gets over the death... it would also be cool to have these sorts of missions. Galina has to go and infiltrate abstergo to find Desmond's body which could be played out like another black box assassination mission set in abstergo. There are so many possibilities with this. Let's just hope it happens.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    No one said that the porsue shouldn't happen, they just said that Desmond shouldn't be resurrected. I completely agree with you.

Originally Posted by Namikaze_17 Go to original post
    Desmond's time has come and passed - he made up his mind and moved on as he would want us to.

Resurrecting him would only undermine that in my opinion.
    Even his voice actor Nolan North said in an interview he thought it was handled badly and that ACIII shouldn't have ended like that.

Originally Posted by The_Kiwi_ Go to original post
    I'd like the idea of a broken William hunting for a device to bring Desmond back, but actually bringing him back with a device would be really stupid
    It would diminish the events of AC3 and it would just start a dangerous precedent
    Dangerous how?
    I think many people would like to forget about the events of ACIII.
    I agree about the storyline though, It would be cool if UBI did this idea.

Sounds disgusting....
    Originally Posted by Alphacos007 Go to original post
    Let the conspiracy theories begin
    They started after ACIII I mean that ending was awful.

Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    So that's where all the r34 goodies came from. God bless the Templars.
    huh?

Originally Posted by Going4Quests Go to original post
    So let me bring up two new ideas:

- What if Desmond returns/get revived (early) in the game, where we can choose in modern day as who we play? So Desmond or Galina, like Jacob or Evie in the game.

- What if not only the Assassins are going for the Shroud but also the Templars? Wouldn't it be interesting if they would want to bring Warren Vidic back?
    I don't think we could choose but it would explain why we switch between the two characters in the helix, As this still hasn't been explained why we control both.

Originally Posted by king-hailz Go to original post
    I don't think people understand how good this could be, not resurrecting Desmond but having this in the storyline. If there is a modern day... It would be really cool to play as Galina and the assassins with you trying to find the Shroud of Eden, along the way us seeing the characters deep feeling of what they want it for and actually seeing William get over the death of Desmond... we could see a connection between Galina and William who both have similar goals of trying to resurrect the dead, both feeling guilty for what happened. Maybe we will see Galina actually resurrect her mother or sister and then see William try to resurrect Desmond but fail to do so, which is where we see the deep emotions William was feeling and how he gets over the death... it would also be cool to have these sorts of missions. Galina has to go and infiltrate abstergo to find Desmond's body which could be played out like another black box assassination mission set in abstergo. There are so many possibilities with this. Let's just hope it happens.
    I don't see her ever being in a AC game IMO, shes never been referenced in a main entry and 90% of the casual market doesn't even know who she is.

Originally Posted by Alphacos007 Go to original post
    No one said that the porsue shouldn't happen, they just said that Desmond shouldn't be resurrected. I completely agree with you.
    nah..