Uplay will not allow me to log in and register a game?

So I bought Anno 2070 Complete Edition on steam January 1st, 2014, and I finally got around to wanting to play it.

Starting it up, it gave me a serial number I need to register. No problem.

Then it downloaded Uplay, alright, that's fine, I've played AC games before on PS3 and 4, never on PC though. So I try to log in with my account... No luck.

I change my password to make sure everything is good, and yes, I can log onto the website just fine. So with my new password I go to Uplay again and this is what I get:

"Uplay Login Failed

A Ubisoft service is not available at the moment. You can try again later or switch to offline mode."

I've tried starting in offline mode... but of course it won't let me run a game I haven't played before so I'm boned. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Please try downloading the most recent version of Uplay: https://ubistatic3-a.akamaihd.net/or...yInstaller.exe
    And try again after installing that, hope it helps

Thank you for the reply, however...

That did nothing. I uninstalled the version of Uplay installed through Anno 2070 and I uninstalled the version I myself updated to last night to try and fix the issue before installing the one you linked.

It did not help and is giving me the same error. What further steps can I do to get my game to run?

Don't worry, this just happened to me randomly after having Uplay installed and working adequately for over a year... My only guess is that it's not functioning with the latest version of Windows 8 for me. I've uninstalled, reinstalled twice. Now I can't even play my current games offline because they need to be registered again.

My advice would be not to uninstall and clean install the latest version, because you will lose access to all your games. They need to issue proper update. But I fear we live in a sloppy age where developers can rely on updates and patches rather than fully testing their software before it reaches the consumer market.

Speak with your wallets people, use only stable platforms and services, and developers with more solid track records. We have plenty of options out there, and I'm sure we all have more games in our libraries than we can all find time to play.

Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer
    Originally Posted by SOYZUKI Go to original post
    Don't worry, this just happened to me randomly after having Uplay installed and working adequately for over a year... My only guess is that it's not functioning with the latest version of Windows 8 for me. I've uninstalled, reinstalled twice. Now I can't even play my current games offline because they need to be registered again.

My advice would be not to uninstall and clean install the latest version, because you will lose access to all your games. They need to issue proper update. But I fear we live in a sloppy age where developers can rely on updates and patches rather than fully testing their software before it reaches the consumer market.

Speak with your wallets people, use only stable platforms and services, and developers with more solid track records. We have plenty of options out there, and I'm sure we all have more games in our libraries than we can all find time to play.
    Hi SOYZUKI,

Since you seem to hold a great interest in the quality of our service, which all of us here wholeheartedly thank you for, maybe you would like a little additional insight into how we monitor the quality of our releases.

So... assuming that our software isn't tested before it's released is a rather poor assumption, just because you a small minority are experiencing issues. Not to mention the issue you're speaking of probably isn't client related anyway (More likely local or back-end related). Regardless, we do indeed test our releases before we push them out, we don't release updates that don't work fine for us and the many other Ubisoft employees.

In addition to that we along with the Ubisoft services team, actively monitor current user count, log-ins, downloads, server status and a whole bunch of other stuff to make sure our service is working at all possible times and has as little downtime as possible.

There are 2 screens on a pillar not 20 feet from me now, that has all of this information displayed and we can see any unusual activity literally instantly. Currently we're not seeing any issues.
    In fact, our weekend peak concurrent user and unique logins were even higher than usual (No doubt the recent sales and Crew Trial caused this)

We keep a close eye on these screens and log everything so that learn from it. As an example I can see that the last issue which is noticeable is a blip from the 16th July at around 12pm CEST where we saw an unusual curve in the peak concurrent user graph. Normally these are very smooth but this one had a small notch in it and wasn't trending up like it should. This allowed us (Or rather the Ubisoft central services team) to identify an issue with the login servers and resolve it within the hour.

So we're not quite as care free as you might think. You being able to login and play your games without issue is very important to us... which leads me on to the following reminder...
    As stated in your previous thread, you're more than welcome to send us your Uplay logs so that we can try to identify the specific issue you seem to be having.

/Cain

Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer
    Originally Posted by SOYZUKI Go to original post

Hi SOYZUKI,

Since you seem to hold a great interest in the quality of our service, which all of us here wholeheartedly thank you for, maybe you would like a little additional insight into how we monitor the quality of our releases.

So... assuming that our software isn't tested before it's released is a rather poor assumption, just because you a small minority are experiencing issues. Not to mention the issue you're speaking of probably isn't client related anyway (More likely local or back-end related). Regardless, we do indeed test our releases before we push them out, we don't release updates that don't work fine for us and the many other Ubisoft employees.

In addition to that we along with the Ubisoft services team, actively monitor current user count, log-ins, downloads, server status and a whole bunch of other stuff to make sure our service is working at all possible times and has as little downtime as possible.

There are 2 screens on a pillar not 20 feet from me now, that has all of this information displayed and we can see any unusual activity literally instantly. Currently we're not seeing any issues.
    In fact, our weekend peak concurrent user and unique logins were even higher than usual (No doubt the recent sales and Crew Trial caused this)

We keep a close eye on these screens and log everything so that learn from it. As an example I can see that the last issue which is noticeable is a blip from the 16th July at around 12pm CEST where we saw an unusual curve in the peak concurrent user graph. Normally these are very smooth but this one had a small notch in it and wasn't trending up like it should. This allowed us (Or rather the Ubisoft central services team) to identify an issue with the login servers and resolve it within the hour.

So we're not quite as care free as you might think. You being able to login and play your games without issue is very important to us... which leads me on to the following reminder...
    As stated in your previous thread, you're more than welcome to send us your Uplay logs so that we can try to identify the specific issue you seem to be having.

/Cain

This Issue :

Evening, was this ever solved I am experiencing the exact same thing. I don't know how or where the logs are or if their were any generated, I have never been in the Uplay environment. Purchased this title thru "Steam" any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Regards, Nitrid

UbiSoftSempai's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Hello Nitrid and welcome to the forums!

You said that you installed Anno from Steam, correct? If so, sometimes Steam installs an older version of Uplay, which can cause various issues. Can you please uninstall your current version of Uplay and reinstall the client from uplay.ubi.com? That often can fix issues such as yours.

If that does not fix the crashing issue for you, our support team can offer further support. If you create a support ticket at https://support.ubi.com, our technicians should be able to help you out.