I don't think Ubi is the most stingy company out there. Yes, as the Jerk said, "it's a profit deal".

Sure compare to regular digital downloads, the songs are expensive such as iTunes. But these songs have a to tracked multiple times for the various skill levels all the songs need to have.

As to why certain songs are not included, I think the article someone linked in a different thread over licensing fees/agreements, is most likely the biggest culprit. Of course they want to have the iconic songs because a lot people want to play/learn those songs.

Just be patient, at some point, most likely, the songs will come. Some song owners just want to too much or just don't want their song in this game.

I'm a bit more surprise they don't try to get some of the new songs coming out, especially by new artists. I assume they could probably get the rights pretty cheap because of the record companies/distributors trying to promote the new albums or artists.

zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    I reserve the right to keep my opinion.
    And you share those opinions. Often.

Others reserve the right to critique it.

Stang616's Avatar Member
    Ummm it's not free DLC lol, you got that wrong. AU $4.55 is a LOT for one song imho. I'm more dissapointed that they refuse to give us PS3ers the update that xbox and PC got in Jan 2014 because Sony charge too much! I reserve the right to keep my opinion.
    I never said it was free, so I'm not sure where you are coming from. The point I was making is that if Ubi was stingy, they would not be paying for the rights for all the DLC they are giving us, nor are they withholding content from other developers with similar products (I'm looking at you EA!)

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Because you said Ubi aren't stingy because they bring out DLC weekly,as if they are GIVING it away. They bring out weekly DLC TO MAKE MORE MONEY . Sheesh.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Because you said Ubi aren't stingy because they bring out DLC weekly,as if they are GIVING it away.
    What about the free dlc codes they give away on their live stream every week, or the free codes Dan posts on Free Code Friday, or the free codes they give to folks like www.theriffrepeater.com to give away while promoting the release? Does any of that count?

That's not counting the other guitar/bass promotional packs they give away every week on the live stream, or the $1000 Orange OPC they gave away on the Christmas stream, or the $800 guitar they helped get sent to Audrey123 for free, since one could make a case that those are technically provided by Ubi's promotional partners rather than Ubi itself.

So, yeah. Pretty stingy folks.