View Poll Results: Alright, i made this topic because i'm curious and bored, but mainly curious

We all know what the

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • No it doesn't bother me really, it's historically correct after all...

116 87.22%
  • Yes, it bothers me. Really! And i would prefer if it was left out...

10 7.52%
  • Either way is fine...

7 5.26%

Already answered this in another thread.

Since in several european countries laws forbid the swastika and other nazi symbols in computer games and UBISOFT is a french company we won't see them. Period.

I can live without them.

Give us the option to install the Hakenkreuz or not with the game. No option...than have the Swastika in. If not I'm sure it will be the first "mod" for the game anyway just like in Silent Hunter 2.

I know it may be hard for it to be added as in germany it is banned. But even if it is left out someone could make a relistic patch which changes the flags.

i would say the odds are just about ZERO, of the swastika being released with this game. if you were killing nazi's it would be a different thing. but in a game where you are playing the Germans, no way Ubi will put the swastika in the game.

To be correct, the swastika is not "banned" here in Germany. You can see it in books, movies, in documentaries, exhibitions etc. as long as it is used within the historical context and is not used to glorify the nazi regime.

Unfortunately since computer games are considered "toys" the inclusion of the swastika (and other symbols, like SS-runes, etc.) is forbidden. Iron crosses are no problem though.

If SHIII would include swastikas it would risk getting banned, like other games before (Return to Castle Wolfenstein for example).

I don't know the exact laws in France but IIRC swastikas in games are a big no-no, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaB:
    Already answered this in another thread.

Since in several european countries laws forbid the swastika and other nazi symbols in computer games and UBISOFT is a french company we won't see them. Period.

I can live without them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was just Germany, I didn't realise that other countries had the sames regulations.

I don't think it matters - If the game is skinable at all i'm sure we'll see swastikas soon enough.

I'm a return to castle wolfenstein and enemy territory fan, i heard that someone in Germany was nicked for having an American copy of rtcw.

That Swastikas and other Nazi symbols are banned in certain media here in Germany is not an idea of the German law. It is still a valid law for the germans that comes from the allied control council(USA, UK, UDSSR) after WWII.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►