Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer

Download Tech Game Conversion List - Updated 23/09/2016

Fellow Uplay Gamers,

Over the years the Uplay PC client has evolved in many ways. We've had a few face lifts, we've implemented and removed some sometimes frustrating DRM policies here and there and we've also completely reworked how cloud saves work. One of the other things we have done is substantially overhaul the technology you use to download your games and created a new system entirely. (This was done some time ago now)

This has made things like our progressive downloads possible as well as some of the additional features we've added in recent months such as the ability install games from a folder if you backed them up. Of course this means that most newer games released by Ubisoft support these features but some older games are being left behind a little. This is something we want to change over the past few months we've worked on converting a numerous games over to support this new tech and the features that rely on it and we will continue to do so in the future.

Below you will find a list of the games we have already converted. In addition to this list it's generally safe to assume that any game released After and including Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, support the latest tech we have. Those before it likely don't unless they are included on this list which we will keep up to date.

• Splinter Cell Blacklist
    • Might & Magic VI
    • Lock On
    • Petz Catz
    • Petz Dogz
    • Far Cry 3
    • Ghost Recon Future Soldier + DLC
    • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    • Assassin's Creed II
    • Assassin's Creed III + DLCs
    • Rayman Legends

Update: 19/10/2015
    • Splinter Cell Double Agent
    • Anno 2070
    • Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc
    • Rayman Raving Rabbids

Update: 02/12/2015
    • Rayman 2
    • Assassin's Creed Revalations

Update: 07/01/2016
    • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Update: 22/01/2016
    • Far Cry 2

Update: 25/01/2016
    • Ghost Recon
    • Assassin's Creed I

Update: 04/02/2016
    • From Dust
    • Rainbow Six

Update: 08/02/2016
    • I Am Alive
    • Might & Magic: Heroes VI

Update: 17/02/2016
    • Price of Persia: Sands of Time
    • Driver: San Francisco

Update: 29/02/2016
    • Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Update: 02/03/2016
    • Prince of Persia

Update: 07/03/2016
    • Settlers 7

Update: 14/03/2016
    • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Update: 15/03/2016
    • Driver Parallel Lines
    • CSI: Deadly Intent
    • CSI: Hard Evidence
    • Flashback
    • Rainbow Six Lockdown
    • Petz Horsez 2

Update: 15/04/2016
    • World In Conflict
    • Might & Magic 7
    • Might & Magic 8
    • Might & Magic 9
    • Brothers In Arms - Road To Hill 30
    • Trials Evolution
    • Anno 1701
    • Shaun White Skateboarding

Update: 17/04/2016
    • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Lockdown
    • Petz Horsez 2

Update: 28/04/2016
    • Shaun White Snowboarding
    • Might & Magic 6
    • Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Update: 10/05/2016
    • Silent Hunter 5

Update: 03/06/2016
    • Beyond Good and Evil

Update: 28/06/2016
    • Rayman Forever
    • Panzer General 3D Assault

Update: 30/06/2016
    • Imperialism
    • POD Gold

Update: 13/07/2016
    • Silent Hunter 2
    • Silent Hunter 4

Update: 22/07/2016
    • Anno 1602

Update: 22/08/2016
    • Silent Hunter 3
    • Panzer General 3
    • Speed Busters

Update: 23/09/2016
    • Anno 1503

Update: 29/11/2016
    • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    • Battle Isle Platinum
    • Heroes of Might and Magic II Gold Edition

We're constantly looking into more titles to convert next and there are more on the way. As we continue to release these conversions we will make sure to let you know along the way.

That's it for now folks, happy gaming!

Is this about when you download the older games for the first time, you have to install the patches one by one? I remember doing that for Blacklist, and it was a pain, but then later on for Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Watch Dogs and FC4 it auto installed the latest versions of the games.

Originally Posted by Stephan8822 Go to original post
    Is this about when you download the older games for the first time, you have to install the patches one by one? I remember doing that for Blacklist, and it was a pain, but then later on for Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Watch Dogs and FC4 it auto installed the latest versions of the games.
    Yes, it's related to that.
    Blacklist right now doesn't require manual downloads and patching anymore. When you download the game now it comes with all existing patches pre-installed and any future patches (If any) would be installed automatically or at least applied during download as opposed to running manual installers.

/Cain

JKeift's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Cain Go to original post
    Yes, it's related to that.
    Blacklist right now doesn't require manual downloads and patching anymore. When you download the game now it comes with all existing patches pre-installed and any future patches (If any) would be installed automatically or at least applied during download as opposed to running manual installers.

/Cain
    Hi, Ubi-Cain. Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm really interested in knowing whether all the DLC for AC3 (Tyranny of Washington, etc.) is automatically downloaded through Uplay now. I bought the Deluxe edition from GetGames last April and when I saw I had to manually download and install each pack, I stayed away from it until that was sorted out.

I look forward to your reply, thanks!

Originally Posted by JKeift Go to original post
    Hi, Ubi-Cain. Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm really interested in knowing whether all the DLC for AC3 (Tyranny of Washington, etc.) is automatically downloaded through Uplay now. I bought the Deluxe edition from GetGames last April and when I saw I had to manually download and install each pack, I stayed away from it until that was sorted out.

I look forward to your reply, thanks!
    Don't worry about it. If your question is on topic it's all good

To answer that question for you, yes!
    If you own the DLC for AC3 or if it's part of a required update then these are all included in the base download of the game. No need for separate patch/DLC downloads/installs.

/Cain

Originally Posted by Ubi-Cain Go to original post
    Don't worry about it. If your question is on topic it's all good

To answer that question for you, yes!
    If you own the DLC for AC3 or if it's part of a required update then these are all included in the base download of the game. No need for separate patch/DLC downloads/installs.

/Cain
    Thanks for the prompt reply, Cain. Just one more question and I'll be out of your hair. Maybe what you're saying applies to people who purchased AC3 Deluxe (i.e., AC3 base game + all DLC) on the Ubishop. I personally bought it from a 3rd party retailer (GetGames), and after downloading/installing the game, the DLC tab on Uplay says "Buy now", so I guess Uplay does not recognize that I own the DLC. Is there any way for people like me who got the deluxe edition from other retailers to benefit from this updated download technology?

Just to be clear, the DLC has already been unlocked in-game using the activation code, but it was never downloaded automatically by Uplay. So any time I try to start the Tyranny of King Washington DLC, an error message appears stating "No content was found." I'm guessing that's related to Uplay not acknowledging that I actually own the DLC and instead prompting me to re-purchase it.

Thanks again for your help.

Yeah I'm with @JKeift here, I have the exact same problem. I bought the game from a different retailer, and if I activate the game with the competitors I get the DLC fine.
    WIth Uplay, I got different links, @Ubi-Cain, how do we get the Uplay Client, to recognize we bought the Deluxe version so we are entitled to the corresponding DLC of the game, in this case AC3?

This personal matter has been discussed multiple times in forums and have thrown people down.

If the answer is, it has to be bought from Uplay only, then do let us know, as there is a lot of confusion on the matter.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by DarkW0lfx Go to original post
    Yeah I'm with @JKeift here, I have the exact same problem. I bought the game from a different retailer, and if I activate the game with the competitors I get the DLC fine.
    WIth Uplay, I got different links, @Ubi-Cain, how do we get the Uplay Client, to recognize we bought the Deluxe version so we are entitled to the corresponding DLC of the game, in this case AC3?

This personal matter has been discussed multiple times in forums and have thrown people down.

If the answer is, it has to be bought from Uplay only, then do let us know, as there is a lot of confusion on the matter.

Thanks.
    Thanks for confirming this! Let's hope we get an official response...

Originally Posted by JKeift Go to original post
    Thanks for the prompt reply, Cain. Just one more question and I'll be out of your hair. Maybe what you're saying applies to people who purchased AC3 Deluxe (i.e., AC3 base game + all DLC) on the Ubishop. I personally bought it from a 3rd party retailer (GetGames), and after downloading/installing the game, the DLC tab on Uplay says "Buy now", so I guess Uplay does not recognize that I own the DLC. Is there any way for people like me who got the deluxe edition from other retailers to benefit from this updated download technology?

Just to be clear, the DLC has already been unlocked in-game using the activation code, but it was never downloaded automatically by Uplay. So any time I try to start the Tyranny of King Washington DLC, an error message appears stating "No content was found." I'm guessing that's related to Uplay not acknowledging that I actually own the DLC and instead prompting me to re-purchase it.

Thanks again for your help.
    Hey, you mention you activated the DLC in game using the activation codes, do you mean by that that you have separate codes for the DLC you listed here? If so, can you try and activate those in Uplay? The humble bundle from a while back for instance, works the same way, and you needed to activate the DLC in the Uplay client itself

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    Hey, you mention you activated the DLC in game using the activation codes, do you mean by that that you have separate codes for the DLC you listed here? If so, can you try and activate those in Uplay? The humble bundle from a while back for instance, works the same way, and you needed to activate the DLC in the Uplay client itself
    Hi, Natchai, thanks for your reply. I only have one code, which is the one provided by the retailer, GetGames. I used that code twice. The first time on Uplay, upon which AC3 was activated successfully. The second time was in-game, under the "Redeem Code" option of the main menu. I entered the code and I got almost 20 pop-up windows stating I had successfully unlocked a bunch of DLC content, such as "The Hidden Secrets Pack", "The Battle Hardened Pack", "The Tyranny of King Washington", etc. So far, so good.

The problem is each time I try to access the Tyranny of King Washington DLC campaign, it says "Content unavailable". When I exit the game and check the DLC tab in Uplay, all of the abovementioned content (which is already unlocked in-game) does NOT appear as owned. Rather, it says "Buy it", as if I didn't own it. And if I try to enter the code again, either on Uplay or in-game, it of course says that the code has already been used. I can happily send you my code via private message to see if you can do anything about it. I know that Origin's support works like this, i.e., if there's a problem with your code, you can send it to them and they'll manually activate the content on your account if they verify that the key is valid and legit. It'd be great if I can avoid creating a new support ticket, since it is my understanding that Ubi's support sometimes take days to formally reply through that channel.

Please let me know how to proceed, I'd really like to have access to the content I paid for. Thanks again.