zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post
    it's more likely that he'll complete his evolution into an intergalactic space ambassador, teleport into a parallel dimension, and share his knowledge of all things sexual and musical with all he encounters
    Well, if that is going to happen to someone, surely it would be Prince.

It's hard to gauge which is less likely. ZZ Top isn't in games because they think they're worth more than they are. Prince isn't in games because he's overly protective of his works. (Think Jimmy Page, without the anti-game pretense.)

For southern rock popular enough to be requested and profitable enough to include, I don't think they could really miss for me. We'll see about the others when they get there.

Maybe there's a chance Prince would license some 3RDEYEGIRL? Anyway, another Queen pack would be fine, as would some BB, Albert, and Freddie.

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by toreyj01 Go to original post
    Would Stevie Ray be considered here as well?
    Depends on if it is a "Southern Rock" "Icon" or a "Southern" "Rock Icon." Actually SRV is more of a Blues Rock Icon. I don't think that ZZ Top qualifies as Southern Rock even though they are iconic. I would think the most iconic Southern Rock artists that could make a pack would be .38 Special, Marshall Tucker Band, Greg Allman or possibly Black Crowes (assuming it isn't a repeat artist.) There are certainly other artists with iconic singles such as the Outlaws, Molly Hatchet or Charlie Daniels. You could probably have packs from all of those bands but I can only think of one huge song from each of them off the top of my head.

I think anyone mentioned by Charlie Daniels in "The South is Gonna Do It Again" would be considered a Southern Rock icon: Marshall Tucker, Lynyrd Skynrd, Richard Betts, Elvin Bishop, ZZ Top, Wet Willie, Barefoot Jerry, and Charlie Daniels Band itself.

Then there was the Southern Fried Rock album with a compilation of Southern Rock icons:

Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Blackfoot, Charlie Daniels Band, Allman Brothers Band, 38 Special, Black Oak Arkansas, Molly Hatchet, Pure Prairie League, Bellamy Brothers, Elvin Bishop, Wet Willie, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Gregg Allman, The Outlaws, Marshall Tucker Band.

That's a big list of icons. I wonder who they have in store for us.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Any of that would be instant buy for me.

Royalty: King Crimson
    Southern icon: Southern rock singles

King crimson is very unlikely but still hoping

i know it's unlikely but among this great list is clutch, down, coc, bls, blind melon... even uncle cracker..?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ern_rock_bands

edit. if it's uncle cracker i'll vomit in my mouth, buy it. play it, resent it till i master it and then never play again like i do with every pack that i don't get excited about.

dunno about you guys but i'm here trying to learn the guitar,and all of it... not just the songs i want to hear.

know your enemy.

jhardinsr's Avatar Member
    Alabama

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ZappinNinja Go to original post
    King crimson is very unlikely but still hoping
    I personally am not holding my breath on that one... everything I hear about Robert Fripp does not make me think "there is somebody likely to approve their music to appear in a guitar-based computer game."