Tvrdi's Avatar Banned
    so those FW190 stalls in a sec in turns, even in not so tight turns..if that was the case in real WW2 why other planes turns much better in FB without quick stall?

Tvrdi's Avatar Banned
    so those FW190 stalls in a sec in turns, even in not so tight turns..if that was the case in real WW2 why other planes turns much better in FB without quick stall?

Tvrdi's Avatar Banned
    sorry for the typing error in the topic....(its FW190not FW109 offcourse :-) )

Just like real life.. high wing loading and little wings.. pretty much means it won't turn very well.

You have to be smooth and gentle.. turn as little as possible and use your speed to fight with the FW

oFZo's Avatar Senior Member
    You can edit posts (and titles) you know...
    I can't ly 190's, too unstable for me. (or: I'm too unstable for them)

-oFZo

Eurotroll

"I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use." - The Bible

Dmitri9mm's Avatar Banned
    I think most people will admit that the sustained turn characteristics (or the lack of same) is at best overdone in Il2/FB but it is a historical fact that the FW had a high stall speed and a nasty habit of spinning. I just think that the FW bleeds off energy too fast as it is now.
    However these problems do not prevent the FW from being an exellent fighter/bomberkiller, it packs a mean wallop of firepower, has great speed rolls like aristochrat-heads during the french revolution.
    In fact: IF the FM was to be changed to allow better stustained turn and less energy loss for the FW we'd have a plane so uber that it couldn't be beat even if the allies got the Joint Strike Fighter!