Anno 2070 cannot connect to server

GOD DAMN IT UBIOSFT YOU PIECE OF EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE

Now, I understand you don't want pirates I GET IT.

BUT THIS AWEFUL DRM EXPLETIVE NEEDS TO STOP!

I nearly damaged my laptop, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PLAY A GAME I BOUGHT FROM YOU for a while.

YOU WOULD NOT GO TO A RESTRAUNT have them bring over the plate only for them to take it away from you on the grounds that the register didn't register me paying for it dispite the cash sitting nicely in the till.

NOW STOP, just stop with the DRM stop with the aweful way you treat gamers and let me play the game you made!

PS: AS I SIT HERE WITHOUT ANY LUCK TRYING TO GET YOUR GAME WORKING I CAN'T HELP NOTICE that your website works better then your DRM.
     3 people found this helpful

First of all, please make sure you have the latest version of Uplay, as the one that comes with Steam is outdated (we're aware of this)
    https://ubistatic3-a.akamaihd.net/or...yInstaller.exe

If after updating your Uplay, you still fail to connect to the server, please try the following steps:
    1. Firewall Software
    Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed on your computer. For 3rd party software (ZoneAlarm, Norton AntiVirus/Internet Security, Mcafee, Avast, etc) check with the appropriate software vendor for details on updating the software and definitions.
    You also need to consider the Windows Firewall (accessed via the Control Panel as seen below) which may block the game from accessing the Internet. Please note that to update your Windows Firewall definitions you will need to keep your Windows Updates up to date. For guidance on keeping your Windows up to date (highly recommended) please see*http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...windows-update

If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to configure the software to allow access to the specific application. This is generally done through the exceptions list (may be named differently depending on your software). When adding the game as an exception remember to add the executable (exe) for both the game*and*Uplay.
    2. Ports
    If following the steps above to update and configure your firewall does not resolve the issue, it will be necessary to forward ports. You will need to*forward these ports to your computer’s IP address*for the best possible connection:

Anno 2070 Ports:
    UDP: 80 ,3074

Ubisoft Game Launcher Ports:

TCP: 80, 13000, 13005, 13200-13999
    Example of port forwarding, this will differ between devices
    Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website.
    There are also*free resources available such as*http://www.portforward.com/*which may help (you can skip the ad to get to the guides). Please note this site is not affiliated with Ubisoft.
    3. Background applications
    You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. If you are encountering problems playing online, please try closing all running background applications before starting your game. You can find the steps for this listed below.
    - Click Start and type MSCONFIG into the Search box and click OK.
    - This will open the System Configuration Utility on the General tab.
    - Click on the Startup tab, and then click the 'Disable All' button.
    - Click Ok and then restart your system when prompted.
    Disabling Startup Items via Msconfig
    Note: this should be seen as a temporary solution and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and clicking 'Enable All" on the Startup tab.
    4. Hosts file
    The hosts file is a small text file which is part of the Windows operating system. This can be used to route traffic or sometimes block a website.
    To rule this out when dealing with problems accessing the game, it should be cleaned or reset. The easiest way to clean your HOSTS file is by clicking on the Fix it button on the Microsoft article found*http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034 (Windows 8 users, please see the Fix it myself link).
    5. Traffic throttling / Blocked ports
    There may also be certain restrictions set by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports.
    Still having problems?
    If you continue to have trouble after completing the above steps, please contact support and include a full description of your problem along with any error messages you may have received.

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    First of all, please make sure you have the latest version of Uplay, as the one that comes with Steam is outdated (we're aware of this)
    https://ubistatic3-a.akamaihd.net/or...yInstaller.exe

If after updating your Uplay, you still fail to connect to the server, please try the following steps:
    1. Firewall Software
    Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed on your computer. For 3rd party software (ZoneAlarm, Norton AntiVirus/Internet Security, Mcafee, Avast, etc) check with the appropriate software vendor for details on updating the software and definitions.
    You also need to consider the Windows Firewall (accessed via the Control Panel as seen below) which may block the game from accessing the Internet. Please note that to update your Windows Firewall definitions you will need to keep your Windows Updates up to date. For guidance on keeping your Windows up to date (highly recommended) please see*http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...windows-update

If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to configure the software to allow access to the specific application. This is generally done through the exceptions list (may be named differently depending on your software). When adding the game as an exception remember to add the executable (exe) for both the game*and*Uplay.
    2. Ports
    If following the steps above to update and configure your firewall does not resolve the issue, it will be necessary to forward ports. You will need to*forward these ports to your computer’s IP address*for the best possible connection:

Anno 2070 Ports:
    UDP: 80 ,3074

Ubisoft Game Launcher Ports:

TCP: 80, 13000, 13005, 13200-13999
    Example of port forwarding, this will differ between devices
    Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website.
    There are also*free resources available such as*http://www.portforward.com/*which may help (you can skip the ad to get to the guides). Please note this site is not affiliated with Ubisoft.
    3. Background applications
    You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. If you are encountering problems playing online, please try closing all running background applications before starting your game. You can find the steps for this listed below.
    - Click Start and type MSCONFIG into the Search box and click OK.
    - This will open the System Configuration Utility on the General tab.
    - Click on the Startup tab, and then click the 'Disable All' button.
    - Click Ok and then restart your system when prompted.
    Disabling Startup Items via Msconfig
    Note: this should be seen as a temporary solution and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and clicking 'Enable All" on the Startup tab.
    4. Hosts file
    The hosts file is a small text file which is part of the Windows operating system. This can be used to route traffic or sometimes block a website.
    To rule this out when dealing with problems accessing the game, it should be cleaned or reset. The easiest way to clean your HOSTS file is by clicking on the Fix it button on the Microsoft article found*http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034 (Windows 8 users, please see the Fix it myself link).
    5. Traffic throttling / Blocked ports
    There may also be certain restrictions set by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports.
    Still having problems?
    If you continue to have trouble after completing the above steps, please contact support and include a full description of your problem along with any error messages you may have received.
    I'm having the same error.

I did all that you said but nothing worked.

I also can't play the game because when i got the message "anno 2070 the connection to the server has been lost" it goes to a screen "Login" and nothing happens.

Any tip? Thanks.

Originally Posted by junetz Go to original post
    I'm having the same error.

I did all that you said but nothing worked.

I also can't play the game because when i got the message "anno 2070 the connection to the server has been lost" it goes to a screen "Login" and nothing happens.

Any tip? Thanks.
    Hey Junetz
    You'll need to contact our support in that case www.support.ubi.Com

ClaireRasil's Avatar Junior Member

soooo tired ....

jses .. i am so tired of reading the same and same explainations about the "reasons u tell us" ...
    i did thalt all the "solutions" .... i did this 3,2,1 years ago i played with uplay ... i did this today..
    its not the solution.. this is about your servers!!! maybe the connection handler..

for me most time everything is fine with the server thing but each 2 or 3 days i lose my connection to the servers ... this would be okay if this would appear once a week for maybe 10 minutes and not each second day for longer than 30 minutes ..

and it is not just me... look at this (sry german site)
    https://xn--allestrungen-9ib.de/stoerung/uplay

thats just mad programming/server instability .... nothing else.

this game, and others also, is sooooo great and u ruined it with the online arche/server connection thing if it is not, and it is not, working properly. all the years on. i guess u know this ..

sorry for making any speaking/typing mistakes, english is not my native language.

Can you please get your ****ty login servers in order?
    saw the trailer for Anno 2205, thought to my self "hmm I should go play Anno 2070 for nostalgia sake"
    Now I get reminded my I stopped playing this, because of the ****ty drm.
    Seriously, I can't play the game I ****ing bought.
    Thanks Ubisoft

Gaming these days..

Hi, I want to play GTA V (wich I played yesterday) so I launch it and after few updates it starts rolling. After few seconds it fall with error "cant conect to server". Brilliant. So I browes my steam games and I saw Anno 2070. I though "nice, I love this game, screw Rockstar I will build some civilization" So I donwload the game (1 hour) and launch it. It starts updating and installing. Then Uplay launch and starts updating.. after few minutes the game finally start! The game start login and after few seconds it said "cant connect to server"! Are you serious?! I cant play games I bought?! Do you know why is warez so popular? Because of all this DRM s*its!!! I must have bunch of apps in my PC only for DRM and even that it is not working!!! When I was kid I have ****ty PC with DOS but every game loads after few seconds and I COULD PLAY IT! Now I have 8core CPU, 16GB RAM, GPU with 2GB, 40Mbps internet but I cant play the game I want... That is so sad. This isnt progress at all

Cannot connect to anno 2070 server

Same problem for the past 3 weeks , 1 day it works other 3 days no connection .. it is the fault of ubisoft server

Solved - Somehow

Originally Posted by daw1dCZ Go to original post
    Hi, I want to play GTA V (wich I played yesterday) so I launch it and after few updates it starts rolling. After few seconds it fall with error "cant conect to server". Brilliant. So I browes my steam games and I saw Anno 2070. I though "nice, I love this game, screw Rockstar I will build some civilization" So I donwload the game (1 hour) and launch it. It starts updating and installing. Then Uplay launch and starts updating.. after few minutes the game finally start! The game start login and after few seconds it said "cant connect to server"! Are you serious?! I cant play games I bought?! Do you know why is warez so popular? Because of all this DRM s*its!!! I must have bunch of apps in my PC only for DRM and even that it is not working!!! When I was kid I have ****ty PC with DOS but every game loads after few seconds and I COULD PLAY IT! Now I have 8core CPU, 16GB RAM, GPU with 2GB, 40Mbps internet but I cant play the game I want... That is so sad. This isnt progress at all
    Hey
    I had the same problem and I couldnt find a fix anywhere. However I unistalled and deleted all files to Anno 2070, emptying the recycle bin too. Then I reinstalled the game , steam, and it worked fine....I did noticed that the first time it patched then launched but wouldnt work. The second time it patched, launched, then patched again.....

A fluke maybe..... I dont know

A friend and I would like to replay this great Anno 2070.

He took a pirated version and I decided to pay for it. This game deserves it.

I just bought the game on shop.ubi, downloaded Uplay (first time using it), installed the game, and launch it.

I'm stucked on the loading screen.
    Connecting...
    Connection lost...

I haven't been able to reach the main screen so far.

My friend is laughing out loud, and playing btw.

Great lesson...