🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    I guess the thing that threw me on the first page was that "Core" was used three times in a row if we were using the audible sound of "kour". I was looking for a word that started with "hard"
    I figured that would throw people -- it broke the pattern, but it wasn't illogical based on the supplied clue...but then nobody seemed to go back and consider the clue. I intentionally broke stage one off at this point, but I really did think everybody would plow through all three stages in about 20 minutes.

Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    I guess the thing that threw me on the first page was that "Core" was used three times in a row if we were using the audible sound of "kour". I was looking for a word that started with "hard"
    I figured that would throw people -- it broke the pattern, but it wasn't illogical based on the supplied clue...but then nobody seemed to go back and consider the clue. I intentionally broke stage one off at this point, but I really did think everybody would plow through all three stages in about 20 minutes.

Predictions:

Heaven Nor Hell
    A Warrior's Call
    Lola Montez
    Still Counting
    The Hangman's Body Count

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Holy cow what a letdown. Volbeat? There's been so much great DLC lately though I have plenty to work on.

I have to say though...Dan, I really, really love your puzzles and your contributions to building a community here and I know you're super busy (playing guitar in the office, heh heh). But please try to give the letter counts a once-over when we're working with word puzzles. I got stumped on "fascist" for a while because it didn't fit in the 6 characters given in the puzzle.

EDIT: Just want to add that in retrospect the "audibly running on the roof" clue was brilliant and I'll be ready for that sort of wordplay next time.

Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post
    Holy cow what a letdown. Volbeat? There's been so much great DLC lately though I have plenty to work on.

I have to say though...Dan, I really, really love your puzzles and your contributions to building a community here and I know you're super busy (playing guitar in the office, heh heh). But please try to give the letter counts a once-over when we're working with word puzzles. I got stumped on "fascist" for a while because it didn't fit in the 6 characters given in the puzzle.
    Aw crap. Did I misspell another one? Dammit. I'm sorry. That's totally my fault. And super embarrassing as I was once a spelling bee champ. One letter away from the national bee, too -- came in second in the state.

I had intended to have someone give this a test play this week and I never actually approached them. I will try to be more diligent about this because my face is red and it's no fun to solve flawed puzzles. I sincerely apologize -- it's got to be right or it's not worth asking you all to solve.

Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post

Aw crap. Did I misspell another one? Dammit. I'm sorry. That's totally my fault. And super embarrassing as I was once a spelling bee champ. One letter away from the national bee, too -- came in second in the state.

I had intended to have someone give this a test play this week and I never actually approached them. I will try to be more diligent about this because my face is red and it's no fun to solve flawed puzzles. I sincerely apologize -- it's got to be right or it's not worth asking you all to solve.

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    ... as I was once a spelling bee champ. One letter away from the national bee, too -- came in second in the state.
    Holy crap that's really impressive. I was a good student but had my academic ego quickly deflated at my first spelling bee when I misspelled "fourty" (i.e. "forty") in the first round.

Interesting. I made it to the state spelling bee, but didn't fare well there.

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    Never heard of this band until they came up as the solution to this puzzle. Oh well, I wonder what next week will bring...

FFFunk's Avatar Member
    Never heard of this band too. But that's not a big deal, I already discovered many bands with the game and some I really enjoy listening too now, so it's always welcome.

Andor0703's Avatar Junior Member
    AWESOME! Nice follow-up to the country-DLC
    For those who aren't familiar with this band; it's a little like a Johnny Cash + Metallica hybrid...
    Probable songs you could try:
    - Heaven Nor Hell
    - A Warrior's Call
    - The Mirror and The Ripper

P.S. Volbeat covered "I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry" on their 3rd album "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood". So the first line of the puzzle probably did hint at the solution, in aftersight

chris60119's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Andor0703 Go to original post
    AWESOME! Nice follow-up to the country-DLC
    For those who aren't familiar with this band; it's a little like a Johnny Cash + Metallica hybrid...
    Probable songs you could try:
    - Heaven Nor Hell
    - A Warrior's Call
    - The Mirror and The Ripper

P.S. Volbeat covered "I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry" on their 3rd album "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood". So the first line of the puzzle probably did hint at the solution, in aftersight
    I welcome more cover songs to RS! I also wish there was a lot more live music. I tend to like more jammed out songs then the studio version.