ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member

DLC 6/30 "Classic Country"

Tomorrow, Rocksmith will release three songs from another debuting genre, country. The songs are:

Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
    Roger Miller - King Of The Road
    Willie Nelson - On The Road Again

Note: All three songs are in E Standard.

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocks...assic-country/

Nice. In for all 3. Would have liked to see a little more guitar centric country, but these are a nice start to some country in RS.

Not a country fan, but it is a genre that is sorely missing in RS. Hope there are many more country songs introduced in the near future.

However, I think these are terrible songs to use for their first foray into country. Absolutely terrible.

I love On the Road Again - and it has a nice solo...

King of the Road, as I'm reacquainting myself with the song, is almost entirely finger snaps and snare drums with a couple of strummed chords... I just... I don't know... So many more options out there that would have showcased some great country styles. Not sure if RS could even chart chicken pickin' (or teach it), but there are plenty of techniques that wold have been far better represented than finger snaps...

JarredMcAdams's Avatar Ubisoft SF Game Designer
    Originally Posted by CrazedRacer Go to original post
    I love On the Road Again - and it has a nice solo...

King of the Road, as I'm reacquainting myself with the song, is almost entirely finger snaps and snare drums with a couple of strummed chords... I just... I don't know... So many more options out there that would have showcased some great country styles. Not sure if RS could even chart chicken pickin' (or teach it), but there are plenty of techniques that wold have been far better represented than finger snaps...
    Check out the bass chart.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    meh
    meh
    maybe

Originally Posted by JarredMcAdams Go to original post
    Check out the bass chart.
    What is this strange "bass" thing you speak of?

I'll be really curious to see Elison's videos when they're posted.

I think all three of the songs in the pack are decent; just unsure whether they're songs I'd want to spend time learning. Especially King of the Road (for the reason mentioned above). If there was any Johnny Cash or The Gambler, those would have been instabuys.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    2/3 songs are a lot of fun on lead. King of The Road is definitely strongest on bass

King of the Road is a great song and used very nicely in the movie Swingers, and I'm sure a dozen other movies.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►