Dcom2's Avatar Junior Member
    Guys n Girls please help. Just re-installed IL2 after having got a bit bored with Loc On. I've installed the game and patched it to 1.22 and all is well....apart from the Joystick. I can't seem to configure the game to allow me to use the Joystick I have (Wingman Attack 2) properly. I have the logitch profiler installed and every control works in the game except the throttle.

Any ideas?

Dcom2's Avatar Junior Member
    Guys n Girls please help. Just re-installed IL2 after having got a bit bored with Loc On. I've installed the game and patched it to 1.22 and all is well....apart from the Joystick. I can't seem to configure the game to allow me to use the Joystick I have (Wingman Attack 2) properly. I have the logitch profiler installed and every control works in the game except the throttle.

Any ideas?

The only help I can give is that you should post this over in the COMMUNITY FORUM. I have a logitech stich too. So far no problem. But I disabled the profiler in startup. In my opinion this software creates more problems than it solves. Otherwise there is no advise I could give..

----------------------------
    Kampf,Sieg oder Tod..

Go to Logitec website, download newest drivers.

GK.'s Avatar Banned
    never buy a logitech

amen to that GK.

i made that mistake many moons ago needless to say it stayed on my pc for no more than 1 day and back it went

Best Regards

Gizz
    "CO" =Elite=

I like the wingman itself. Its my favorite stick in terms of feel and ease of use. The X45 is big and akward by comparison.

But it breaks every 3 months Unless you constantly badger tech support for replacement sticks, its not practical over the long term.

What do you guys recommend over Logitech?

Theres nothing wrong with Logitech, until recently i used to use a Logitech Wingman Extreme and have been using one of those since the original IL2, for its price (â£24 from Dabs.com) its great value for money with everything you need 7 buttons, HAT, Throttle and twist rudder, but like HexAngel said do not use the profiler software, delete the profiler software and calibrate the joystick through control panel (gaming options) Then fly as normal. Next birthday if you have plenty of space on your desk get someone to buy you the X45 then get urself some pedals.

Hi,

I had a Logitech Wingman 3D and it has lasted for 12 months. I had to take it apart the other day and stretch the spring a little but now the post that centres it has broken off. Araldite has sorted this but it's not quite the same as it used to be. In fact, it's a whole lot better with no spring in it but that is another story.

The stick wasn't actually that bad and the pots are OK which is the usual complaint.

I now have a MS Force Feedback 2 (had to pay a lot for it cos they are few and far between) and you certainly can tell the difference in precision and quality - as the old adage goes: you get what you pay for. This isn't always the case, though - the X45 is expensive but I didn't like it much; why they put the rudder control where it is I will never know.

Cheers,
    Norris

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam : http://cabinessence.cream.org/

More irreverence:
    http://www.tvgohome.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►