TonsOfAccounts's Avatar Member
    Another genre pack, great to see! - Although I don't listen to Country usually (with a few exceptions - and "On the Road again" is one of those), I'm looking forward to learn about playing that style, too.

chris60119's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Not something I remember saying, actually. While artists are freely discussed here and we do notice what people are saying, the only requests that are ever officially tallied are the ones that come through the Facebook request app. That's why we point everyone to that, and all request fulfillment comes from that.
    Dan, Facebook has gotten to political over the last few weeks. I'm starting to ask myself why I even have facebook. You need a regular app for requests for non facebook subscribers.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by chris60119 Go to original post
    Dan, Facebook has gotten to political over the last few weeks. I'm starting to ask myself why I even have facebook. You need a regular app for requests for non facebook subscribers.
    You don't need a facebook account you need an Uplay account

I can understand that dlc request could fill threads and why the app is there. But we are missing out on something with this system: not knowing what are others are requesting! It may not appear that important at first but to me there have been numerous occasions reading post about bands here that I realized they would make a great addition to RS and thought of requesting them too. Some I would not have thought about on my own. There are a lot of bands and in front of the request app there is no chance to think of them all. I think it is very positive to read about others preference here and that can influence in a positive way what gets requested through the app. There are a few solutions to this:

1. Make the list of requested songs available. We could easily check what others are asking and add our votes to those that strike a chord (pun intended!) with us too.
    2. Make a forum section or thread dedicated to talking about bands we'd like to see in RS. Making it clear that only requests through the app wiil be accepted though.
    3. Ease up on closing threads that are deemed to requesty. I know its a fine line. I think rcole-sooner is doing a great job here and it ain't easy for him to always make the call, but I have seen occasions where I didn't think it felt like a request and the thread was closed. Again let me be clear: I have no blame to rcole, he is doing his best with what the rules are.

It's been awhile I had this on my mind. It seemed good timing to talk about it. It certainly would not be positive to see all threads filled with requests, it would probably keep me from visiting this forum almost everyday like I do now, but some reasonable way to talk among ourselves of possible good music that would be great to see in RS would certainly be great. Of course in a civilized manner!😊

Originally Posted by RokDog007 Go to original post
    Tonight on CNN, a must-watch documentary about Glen Campbell, his music, his history, and his battle with Alzheimer's Disease
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/opinio...pbell-courage/

coincidence or a Sign..?

Not a country fan. Not a Glenn Campbell fan. Not a documentary fan.

But flipping channels, I randomly came across this right at the start. 40 minutes into it ... and it's awesome. Highly recommend everyone watch it. Great music and a very humanizing story.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by jboileau Go to original post
    Make the list of requested songs available.
    Here's why we don't.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by jboileau Go to original post
    Make the list of requested songs available.
    Here's why we don't.

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Regarding artists refusing to license their music...I get it but yet I kind of don't get it. My daughters now listen to Weezer, Billy Idol, Interpol, Modest Mouse, The Strokes, White Stripes, The Hives, Radiohead, and many more that I'm forgetting all because they were introduced to them by hearing me play their songs in Rocksmith. I'm sure my story is not unique. An artist makes money and introduces their music to new demographics and new generations when they license their DLC. It seems refusing new publishing vehicles like this is sort of short-sighted.

This is America - where you have a constitutional right to be stupid and short sighted. Although the rest of us hope that certain artists would relinquish that particular one. Or at least reserve it for partying.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Thanks for responding Dan. I buried these comments at the end of a dead thread, not the best idea I guess. It shows your commitment and its appreciated. If I had wanted to disguise a test to see if you guys where paying attention I couldn't have thought of a better way! :-)

I had read this sticky before and read it again but fail to see where it talks about having a view on others request is a problem, unless it is buried somewhere in the thread messages that follow. But I'm okay if it ain't possible. I am just trying to find better ways to attain synergy here.