p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    could u please look into the collisions online, between planes because atm its all over the place.
    for example, i just downed baldiejr online with colision, apart from in my view we missed by a fair amount, and he lost a wing on his own i think
    also planes will pass, then explode a few seconds later
    its been worse since 1.22 i think.
    hope other players can add to this, thanks

could u please look into the collisions online, between planes because atm its all over the place.
    for example, i just downed baldiejr online with colision, apart from in my view we missed by a fair amount, and he lost a wing on his own i think
    also planes will pass, then explode a few seconds later
    its been worse since 1.22 i think.
    hope other players can add to this, thanks

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    There isn't too much Oleg can do to kill latency between two clients and the server, which seems to be exactly what you are describing :<

[This message was edited by clint-ruin on Mon February 23 2004 at 03:48 AM.]

thats a lag collision

if on your view you missed thats lag

on the other hand their is collisions that both see & still one party can fly away from

Aztek_Eagle's Avatar Banned
    on ur screen u did not collide, but in the others player's screen i am sure it was hell on earth, so he collided wiht u, and even that u did not collide in ur view, u die, lag collision, get cable

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Its not lag. There really is something screwy about collisions online. It may just be the B-239 since this wierdness didn't occur when everyone was flying I-153's.

p1ngu666 lost a wing in one collision, while I was untouched, and later I lost a wing while he was untouched.

Its very odd.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    ______ _____
    (, / ) /) /) , (, /
    /---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
    +----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
    | / ( / ,' NR / |
    |(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
    +-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

You're welcome to that as an opinion, but I'd recommend reading an introduction to how internet gaming works before we start qualifying it as a "bug".

Something like, say, http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/ne...ct/default.asp

edit: or http://www.stuartcheshire.org/rants/Latency.html and associated links from.

second edit - now I think about it, your mention of it not occuring when "everyone was flying the I-153" certainly sounds indicative of lag as well. Max speeds, and therefore the distance a plane is going to travel between data transmissions, are going to be much lower with the slower planes.

[This message was edited by clint-ruin on Mon February 23 2004 at 07:51 AM.]

true, but me and baldiejr where alone on the server, and i spotted no lag from him at all
    there IS something fishy with the code

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
    true, but me and baldiejr where alone on the server, and i spotted no lag from him at all
    there IS something fishy with the code

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well, nevermind then. I am sure that with the plethora of information - both clients network settings, server ini, connection type of host and client, traceroute statistics, etc, Oleg will have no problem figuring out what the problem is. Along with those track files of the 'bug' occuring.

Now, if only one of you had thought to actually do any of that..

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    FighterJerks is on HL right now clint-ruin. Feel free to test out our claims.

You'll come to two conclusions:
    1. FighterJerks is the smoothest server on HL.
    2. The B239 does WIERD things, colision-wise. Its climb/roll rate are suspect, but what doesn't have a suspect FM since the last patch?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    ______ _____
    (, / ) /) /) , (, /
    /---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
    +----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
    | / ( / ,' NR / |
    |(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
    +-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>