DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

Patch Notes 6/22/15 - Xbox One & PS4

We are expecting a patch to be released sometime early next week on Xbox One and PS4. I am not sure of the exact timing -- my best guess is that the earliest it will appear is Monday June 22, but it might be later than that -- and depending on how your console is set up, you might receive it automatically. But when you get it, here's what it is intended to address:

Xbox One:
    · “Enumerating downloadable content” should be faster/take less time
    · The game should now report controller disconnect after songs/mini game/session is finished , instead of interrupting play
    · The 10/25 Hours achievement should now unlock properly
    · Fixes/improvements to long tremolo tails. Tremolo tails should now appear cleaner and function better.
    · Legal information added to in-game manual

PlayStation 4
    · Fixed some stability issues when switching between Guitarcade and tuner
    · Fixed a stability issue when using two controllers and logging in as different users
    · Controller connect/disconnect should no longer cause trouble
    · Fixes/improvements to long tremolo tails. Tremolo tails should now appear cleaner and function better.
    · Patch notes added (appear in system dash notification)

We're still waiting on the confirmation for PS4 in SCEE-served territories, so the global Xbox One and North American PS4 updates may appear first. When I get info on the timing of the SCEE version, I'll let you know. If you get it before I give you the signal, at least now you'll know what it does.

Patch Notes 6/22/15 - Xbox One & PS4

We are expecting a patch to be released sometime early next week on Xbox One and PS4. I am not sure of the exact timing -- my best guess is that the earliest it will appear is Monday June 22, but it might be later than that -- and depending on how your console is set up, you might receive it automatically. But when you get it, here's what it is intended to address:

Xbox One:
    · “Enumerating downloadable content” should be faster/take less time
    · The game should now report controller disconnect after songs/mini game/session is finished , instead of interrupting play

PlayStation 4
    · Fixed some stability issues when switching between Guitarcade and tuner
    · Fixed a stability issue when using two controllers and logging in as different users
    · Controller connect/disconnect should no longer cause trouble
    · Patch notes added (appear in system dash notification)

We're still waiting on the confirmation for PS4 in SCEE-served territories, so the global Xbox One and North American PS4 updates may appear first. When I get info on the timing of the SCEE version, I'll let you know. If you get it before I give you the signal, at least now you'll know what it does.

Thanks for the update Dan! Any chance you could check if the static audio/noise drop out issue is being worked on? Would love to see it get resolved without having to delete my save file and the hours of play on it.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    still no love for us PS3ers since Jan 2014.......still waiting for the bass pick or fingered indicator to be fixed, and the rest that everybody else got, sigh

DeityCAN's Avatar Member
    Any news on the audio crackle on PS4? There have been forum members who claim that they have multiple cords and they all do it. They've went through an evaluation process with tech support (as have I) that indicate that it's a software issue. I've provided an audio file of the noise and it's on another thread as well. Has anyone looked into it and not managed to replicate it? Just curious.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    still no love for us PS3ers since Jan 2014.......still waiting for the bass pick or fingered indicator to be fixed, and the rest that everybody else got, sigh
    Really, Bazz? Firstly, AFAIK, that's working like it's supposed to, at least on my PS3 it seems like it, and secondly, that's hardly an important fix anyway. I know I don't need to know what way to pick on any song, I do what ever works. I would think someone as experienced as you seem to be would need that at all.
    Lastly, I don't know of any major tech problems on the PS3 that need patched anyway.

PS4 was missing this, but it was patched in within a few weeks. PS3, I didn't think it was an issue. There are no PS3 patches in the works at this time.

Originally Posted by DeityCAN Go to original post
    Any news on the audio crackle on PS4? There have been forum members who claim that they have multiple cords and they all do it. They've went through an evaluation process with tech support (as have I) that indicate that it's a software issue. I've provided an audio file of the noise and it's on another thread as well. Has anyone looked into it and not managed to replicate it? Just curious.
    Please point me toward this audio file, but let's see if the patch has any affect on this.

PS4 was missing this, but it was patched in within a few weeks. PS3, I didn't think it was an issue. There are no PS3 patches in the works at this time.

Originally Posted by DeityCAN Go to original post
    Please point me toward this audio file, but let's see if the patch has any affect on this.

solidwhitemike's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

There are a bunch of threads on issue. The newest one is http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...drop-out/page5

Seems to have started 6-7 weeks ago. A bunch of us have put in tickets to support and we have been told to do a full reinstall of the game which has seemed to work for some people for now.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    Really, Bazz? Firstly, AFAIK, that's working like it's supposed to, at least on my PS3 it seems like it, and secondly, that's hardly an important fix anyway. I know I don't need to know what way to pick on any song, I do what ever works. I would think someone as experienced as you seem to be would need that at all.
    Lastly, I don't know of any major tech problems on the PS3 that need patched anyway.

well yes it IS still an issue, it shows in LAS as one and in SA with the other, only one can be correct. Confirmed by looking at the weekly bass challenges posts. At the same time they eased note detection strictness. Pretty major update to leave out for one of the three systems. This is my concern not the bass indicator. It is just the most obvious way to point out that it hasn't been fixed.

AFAIK you don't do the challenges,but it is very clearly apparent that PS3 scores are always lower than the other 2 platforms.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, that makes a bit more sense to me. I can see where you're coming from.
    And yes, you're right, I don't do the challenges. I also don't do the guitarcade games, I pretty much just stick to LAS.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    well yes it IS still an issue, it shows in LAS as one and in SA with the other, only one can be correct. Confirmed by looking at the weekly bass challenges posts. At the same time they eased note detection strictness. Pretty major update to leave out for one of the three systems. This is my concern not the bass indicator. It is just the most obvious way to point out that it hasn't been fixed.

AFAIK you don't do the challenges,but it is very clearly apparent that PS3 scores are always lower than the other 2 platforms.
    We discussed this a few months back (when discussing this with folks who played on PS3 as well as PC). The overall note detection is not actually 'eased' on PS4 (or other platforms) by a patch. There was a patch earlier that suggested it 'improved detection' but that also made certain things more difficult to hit (this was at the time of the hard score attack challenge where people without the patch were having an easier time with bend detection etc. so some people specifically opted not to take that patch), so don't expect easier detection if you move to any other platform at the moment.

Which weekly bass challenge posts are you referring to?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►