TJLO94's Avatar Junior Member

Single player

Will the planning phase return to the series?
    The possibility to gain entry quietly? In the recent gameplay video releases I noticed everything was very hectic and in some ways out of control. Will we be seeing the slow moving, tense gameplay, from the N64? Or are we going to be left with every mission turning to a full on firefight

Just noticed the mobility meter, what are the pros/cons of the two extremes?

To answer all your questions, NO. As I predicted a year ago on this very forum when everyone else was going ballistic thinking this is the best game in human history, the game is not a return to the original titles at all. It is a complete REBRAND. There will be no campaign at all. There is no planning phase. There is no customization. There is no stealth option. There are no doors. There is no weapons selective fire. There are no team orders. There is no Ding Chavez or any of the other major characters. They're still referring to the team as "6" and apparently they've been recently "reactivated" to fight a silly organization.

This game is certainly not for me and my focus has now entirely shifted to Ghost Recon and The Division.

Wow that was a whole bunch of horse**** you just delivered there, sarbazevije. Like, real big bunch. I can honestly say I'm impressed.

Originally Posted by Djakitchen Go to original post
    Wow that was a whole bunch of horse**** you just delivered there, sarbazevije. Like, real big bunch. I can honestly say I'm impressed.
    I wish I could have delivered it on your face.

Rainbow Six's animation art director Scott Mitchell explained:

"When you're playing through single-player there are no supporting characters," Mitchell said. "You play as a lone wolf"

There will be no campaign at all
    Which I doubt will be the case as apparently the mo cap actress (Angela Bassett) who plays Six has done more than the trailer, so that's a supporting character for you here.

There is no customization
    Which has been denied by the Devs playing TerroHunt during the press conference, he asked them if they had silencers, to which one of them answered yes, meaning they could have not taken silencers. In addition to this, we know for a while now that we will be able to apply different paintjobs to the weapons as implied by the collector's edition delivering with gold skins. So that's customization for you.

There is no stealth option
    Which seems to be wrong as well since the TerroHunt demo displayed a bit of stealth action before they decided to go balls to the walll with the breaching charges and the full auto. So that's stealth for you

They're still referring to the team as "6" and apparently they've been recently "reactivated" to fight a silly organization
    The thing being referred as 6 is the head of the group, played by Angela Bassett, the unit has been called Rainbow for a while now, and they also started showing the correct patch. Errors happen, just as you demonstrated by delivering all this horse****.

There are no team orders
    Well how the **** can you tell about that when we didn't see anything else than multiplayer action ?

There are no doors
    Who cares about doors at this point when you can break and shoot through most walls and everything is set in a siege configuration, meaning doors are expected to be barricaded anyways. And since when are doors a meaningful indicator of tactical gameplay ?

There is no Ding Chavez or any of the other major characters
    How can you tell ? Anyways, let's admit he won't be there at all, the unit is being reactivated which could mean many things, starting from the simple fact that the unit may have been shut down for an extended period of time. The addition of a new leader would be synonymous of a fresh start, and new guys. As a sidenote, there's a map that takes place in Rainbow's old HQ which seems in a pretty bad state, maybe a sign that everything that made old Rainbow what it was is gone.

But hey you seem to know a lot of things, I can't argue with you.

Ubi_Jax's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey everyone.

I understand that the Rainbow Six community is very passionate about the game and we're dedicated to providing you with a fantastic game experience! I'd just like to remind everyone to please remain civil whilst on the forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and are allowed to speak their mind, however please do so in a respectable manner.

Just to let you know there is a single player experience which is done through Missions. These pre-set scenarios expose the player to the content and mechanics of the Siege and are specifically designed to be played solo as a Lone Wolf, but can also be played cooperatively with up to four friends.

We'll have more news on what these missions will entail in the future.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ubi_Jax Go to original post
    Hey everyone.

I understand that the Rainbow Six community is very passionate about the game and we're dedicated to providing you with a fantastic game experience! I'd just like to remind everyone to please remain civil whilst on the forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and are allowed to speak their mind, however please do so in a respectable manner.

Just to let you know there is a single player experience which is done through Missions. These pre-set scenarios expose the player to the content and mechanics of the Siege and are specifically designed to be played solo as a Lone Wolf, but can also be played cooperatively with up to four friends.

We'll have more news on what these missions will entail in the future.

Thanks.
    So like i stated in another thread this games being set up like the co-op missions in blacklist that players can do at anytime and in any order and more then once for practice and teamwork. This being ok is also a bit disappointing that there isn't going to be a direct story like we have seen in the past that not only tells you a little about whats been going on and what brought us here to this point in the story. I mean thats the thing, thats 1/2 the fun because like these games in the past you felt like you were in a movie and your the leading roll playing things out. Well i guess those days are over but none the less it tells us that i think the major component of this game is the pvp multiplayer aspect. If nothing else having the 40-60 hours of story mode gameplay made you really feel like you were getting your moneys worth in the game. It doesn't mean the missions wont be fun along with terrorist hunt outside of clan matching but honestly the stories are one of the main things i've always looked forward too but i forget also that the guy we had telling those stories is no longer with us, so i imagine that could be one of the reasons.

We will not play and we will not pay for all Multiplayer Only games at all!

Hello!
    Dear developers, we wanted to ask you please, be so kind, and create Complete Single-player Campaign for the game Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege and for your other future games and for PC. Please. We are really feel sick already from all these millions of MMO and of all these Multiplayer Only games. We are fed up from them so much that we really hate them now. We will not play and we will not pay for these MMO and Multiplayer Only games at all in the future, we are tired from them. Please create complete Single-player Campaign games for PC.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best Regards,
    glider1 and my 22 friends.

TJLO94's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm not sure if I should be getting my hopes up for this... I can see myself enjoying it, for a short time. I understand it's a different generation of shooters we have
    The anxiety that sits in the back of your mind from knowing one shot will drop you always kept you on your toes, it was so exciting! Stacking up on doors and mentally preparing yourself to run in without shooting the hostage.. so many things about the old ones I feel need to be implemented.

Perhaps make small things optional like a partially empty mag staying that way. That can't be hard to do, right?