The Vought F4U-4 Corsair. If there are any modelers out there looking for a worthwhile plane, here it is(I would model her myself if I could too bad). Personally she is my favorite bird of the war. Since we are getting new pacific planes, A6m, Ki-84, P-38(I love you gib) and such, I think she would make a fine addition. The Corsair Served for the Royal Navy, and US Navy and Marine Corps.

Here are some stats

Powerplant- one 2,450-hp Pratt &Whitney R-2800-18W Double Wasp Radial Engine(with water injection)

Performance- Max Speed 446 mph (718 km/h) and 26,200 ft (7,985m); Service Ceiling 41,500ft (12,650m); Normal Range 1,005 miles (1,617km)

Dimensions- span 40 ft 11 in(12.47m);length 33 ft 8 in(10.26m);height 14 ft 9 in(4.50m); wing area 314sq ft(29.17m sq)

Armament: Six fifty Caliber machine guns, two 1000 lb bombs, or eight 5-in rockets.

this information comes from The Hamlyn Concise Guide to American Aircraft of World War II, by David Mondey. I highly reccomend it to everyone.

some pictures,

A Beaut ain't she?

The Vought F4U-4 Corsair. If there are any modelers out there looking for a worthwhile plane, here it is(I would model her myself if I could too bad). Personally she is my favorite bird of the war. Since we are getting new pacific planes, A6m, Ki-84, P-38(I love you gib) and such, I think she would make a fine addition. The Corsair Served for the Royal Navy, and US Navy and Marine Corps.

Here are some stats

Powerplant- one 2,450-hp Pratt &Whitney R-2800-18W Double Wasp Radial Engine(with water injection)

Performance- Max Speed 446 mph (718 km/h) and 26,200 ft (7,985m); Service Ceiling 41,500ft (12,650m); Normal Range 1,005 miles (1,617km)

Dimensions- span 40 ft 11 in(12.47m);length 33 ft 8 in(10.26m);height 14 ft 9 in(4.50m); wing area 314sq ft(29.17m sq)

Armament: Six fifty Caliber machine guns, two 1000 lb bombs, or eight 5-in rockets.

this information comes from The Hamlyn Concise Guide to American Aircraft of World War II, by David Mondey. I highly reccomend it to everyone.

some pictures,

A Beaut ain't she?

B-24 Liberator. This was far more common than the B-17 but didn't get the glory.

Also the B-25. The russians thought this was our best bomber, according to my dad who worked with russians at Wright Pat AFB, Dayton, OH.

SkyChimp's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe in Luthiers Pacific Sequel (hope so).

It would create Luftwhiners where none existed before, even in the FM was right.

BTW, the top pic is a -4, the middle one is a -1D, and the bottom is a -5 model.

Regards,
    SkyChimp

It would make luftwhiners go nuts. As for the pictures, I just did a quick google pic search, Didnt look at em too long . Get the picture though.

Imperial Studmuffin

www.wtfiml33t.com

robban75's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd love for the F-4U-4 to be in FB! Bring it on!

When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    There is already a Corsair under development. And it looked really great last I saw it...

- IceFire

The Sukhoi Su-8 and finish off the sturmovik story. Mounting 4 NS-45 cannon (as used in the Yak9K) and 8 ShKAS 7.62 MG.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rhorta:
    Would love to see the F4U in FB, great pair with the Ki 84. Always reminds me of Baa Baa Blacksheep. Loved the series btw, although can't remember the name of the actor who played Boyington.

Speaking of Boyington, that must be one of the best biographies ever written in terms of honesty.

Personally I'd like to see the F4U-1D and C before a model 4, but that's me (and if possible the early model-1 birdcage!)................robert conrad was boyington that baabaa black sheep was not how they realy were there was far more milatary disipline then shown.................fact

U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

Great. I finally get around to flying the Zero, and some nutjob starts wanting the Corsair.

I'm as doomed as doomed can be.

Veteran - Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force. 1993-1951.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►