Thinking of getting one, as it is inexpensive and USB-capable.

Anyone with opinions on this stick?

Thanks in advance

Thinking of getting one, as it is inexpensive and USB-capable.

Anyone with opinions on this stick?

Thanks in advance

Korolov's Avatar Senior Member
    Won't last very long, thats about it. Will last about 3 to 4 months, depending on how hard you are on it and how often you use it.

Thanks very much. I'll try to go easy on it, but with a bandit on your tail chewing up your rudder, its hard to be gentle

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    I've always loved mine, as long as they lasted, which was not long enough.

I now have a CH Products HOTAS rig, with far greater satisfaction and functionality, for less than I would have had to spend on Logitech products over the same period of time.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

I recently purchased Logitech's Extreme 3d Pro. I did this because the drivers for my Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold do not work well with WinXP and my system resulting in my having to unplug and replug the USB cable when windows is booted in order to load the Saitek drivers.

After playing with the Logitech stick for a couple weeks I have gone back to my Saitek Cyborg due to the fact that this is a much better stick in my opinion. It gives much finer control for accurate gunnery. The logitech stick seemed too touchy to me. However, the Logitech stick did work well and as intended. Also, there were no apparent driver issues.

I guess I will just need to live with the unplugging/replugging thing on my Cyborg 3D Gold.

Kasdeya's Avatar Senior Member
    I have a Logitech stick, can't remember the exact name though. It didn't last but four months, I took it apart cleaned the bottom portion of the stick(pots) wiht air and now its fine(four more months). I have a CH Products Pro Throttle and love it very much. I will be getting the CH Combat stick and the CH Pedals soon. One stick to look at would be the Saitek X45. They are really nice and not too expensive. Stick and Throttle for about 80 dollars US. Let some others tell you about what they have before making a final decision on anything, although I would base my decision on how much I will be playing this sim. That says alot for what stick to buy.

CWoS Forums. More Cheese, Less Whine

I only have experience with the Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D Force Feedback (phew, long name,) and it's a piece of junk.

Currently happily using a Saitek Cyborg 3D FF, which is a far better stick in every respect. BTW, Sod... I'm using it with XP Pro, without any problems with the driver.
    _
    /Bjorn.

My Logitech Joysticks have lasted as long as I have wanted them to.

I have one of these now;

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Ghz Cordless
    * 10 buttons (18 commands when one button is assigned as a shift)
    * Smooth heavy metal throttle design
    * Twisty handle for rudder control
    * Cordless
    * $50.00-60.00 U.S.

The part that usually "goes" first (according to others) is the twisty Rudder pots. Simple maintenance on this part keeps the stick going for a long time.

CWoS FB forum. More Cheese, Less Whine.
    IL-2 original P-39 vet soon to be P-63 vet.
    The Pig Sty

I went through 2 of them before I spent money on something that would last.