AC 1 remake

As I was browsing through Youtube I came across an interesting video stating that there is a petition for an AC1 remake for the next gen consoles or PC.

On the petition page they outline what they would like to see...

And I quote...

As active and engaged fans of the Assassin's Creed franchise, created and developed by Ubisoft, we have noticed the interest of several Assassin's Creed related communities, groups and individuals in a remastered version of the first game of the franchise, Assassin's Creed (2007), for 'next generation' consoles, namely Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.

In this petition, we request Ubisoft for a remastered version of the games “Assassin's Creed (2007)”, “Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles”, “Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines” and Altaïr's memories from "Assassin's Creed: Revelations", plus new playable content of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, including but not limited to Oliver Bowden's novel “The Secret Crusade”. All of this content to be included in one game.

This remastered version should include next generation gameplay and cutscenes/cinematics while still respecting the time setting, the story and Altaïr's personal armament, while gradually adding new gadgets, weapons and skills (smoke bombs, double assassinations, etc) as Altaïr's story progresses.

If possible, we would like the to have voice actor Philip Shahbaz reprising his role as Altaïr's with a time and setting appropriate accent, as well as hiring the other original voice actors where possible.

We would also like to preserve the “target's final moments” just the way they are from Assassin's Creed (2007) to Assassin's Creed: Rogue so we can actually see the target's motivations and allow the targets to explain their actions, unlike Assassin's Creed: Unity.

In addition to this, in light of the difficulties many users have experienced in Assassin's Creed: Unity, we would advise against the inclusion of companion apps or the Assassin's Creed Initiates website.

We would like to hear from Ubisoft through their official social networking sites to keep the fan-base updated on their decision regarding this matter.

The address for this petition is... https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ent...ext-gen-remake

Please people get behind this petition to hopefully make Ubisoft notice.

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't mind a remake but do we really need a petition for it? This isn't the first time this happened either. I think we should just let Ubisoft remake when they wanna remake. I think in a few years time it'll be a potential thing and Ubisoft definitely won't pass up such an opportunity

Well it is only 2 years away from the 10 year anniversary for AC1, so fingers crossed eh

GunnerGalactico's Avatar Senior Member
    Why do people want AC1 to be remade so badly? Other than the repetitive type investigations, the game is not as terrible as people make it out to be. I don't feel that there is any need for a remake. It is fine just the way it is.

Bipolar Matt's Avatar Member
    I don't really play many games other than Assassin's Creed. Just a handful of others.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them ALL remastered for PS4 and Xbox One. Yes, even Revelations and 3.

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by GunnerGalactico Go to original post
    Why do people want AC1 to be remade so badly? Other than the repetitive type investigations, the game is not as terrible as people make it out to be. I don't feel that there is any need for a remake. It is fine just the way it is.
    AC 1 is one of my favourites just because of that setting. I wouldn't mind a remaster. I would love an AC 1 and AC 2 remaster just so that I could replay them on the PS4

GunnerGalactico's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by m4r-k7 Go to original post
    AC 1 is one of my favourites just because of that setting. I wouldn't mind a remaster. I would love an AC 1 and AC 2 remaster just so that I could replay them on the PS4
    Having all AC games up till AC3 remastered for current gen is fine, I don't want any of them to be remade.

I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    stop trying to turn Assassin's Creed 1 into something that it was never intended to be

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by I-Like-Pie45 Go to original post
    stop trying to turn Assassin's Creed 1 into something that it was never intended to be
    You mean more fun by removing the strict investigate -> stalk -> stab cycle?

It could use it. As long as they don't shove in their deplorable micro-transactions and release it buggier than a honeycomb.

Originally Posted by Sesheenku Go to original post
    You mean more fun by removing the strict investigate -> stalk -> stab cycle?
    That cycle is the main reason why I still cherish AC1. Unlike its successors, AC1 knows what it’s all about.