I want to start flying with everything realistic just starting with practice flying to get a feel for not using any pilot aids.

Whats the most basic plane to start on, and can anyone recommend a kinda training regime ie a progression through different plane types to break myself in gradually.

I want to start flying with everything realistic just starting with practice flying to get a feel for not using any pilot aids.

Whats the most basic plane to start on, and can anyone recommend a kinda training regime ie a progression through different plane types to break myself in gradually.

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    start with the p47d27, once you get good any other aircraft is the easiest thing to fly

is that a case of throwing myself in at the deep end?

Throwing yourself in the deep end with concrete shoes and an anchor around your neck.

Start with the Il2. It has extremely forgiving flight characteristics and is almost impossible to stall.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." Isaiah 40:28

Jasko76's Avatar Senior Member
    You want to start with everything realistic? Fly a REAL plane, then. I'm afraid this is just a simulation. There's nothing real here.

Regards,

Jasko

Formerly known as Rajvosa

Spits are also a safe bet.

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    I started with a Hurricane and P40. Both are good fun to learn in. The P47 is the deep end. Good luck.

Wolfgaming.net. Where the Gameplay is teamplay

If you do want to endure a baptism of fire then reach for the p47.

BUT

If you are a real beginner in the arena (and want to try and balanced and forgiving plane) i advise you to pick up a yak 1b.

It's not very fast but it's quite nimble and easy to control... (You won't go spinning into the ground every 2mins as most new guys do with the jug)

It's low speed will teach you to use the most of E (energy) and utilise tactics that will allow you to come out on top.

It has a single cannon and MG along the centre fuselage - neither has very much ammo nor is particularly powerful... however! This again will force you to become a better shot, to shoot accurately and learn to conserve your ammo - There is enough there to down about 3 planes if you're careful!

It's a great plane to learn with - with no marked superiorities to rely on - if you want to do well in it, you must work at it!

But as I said it's also very forgiving and a beaut to fly.

Good Luck!