View Poll Results: Wouldn't this be great while comparing it to the last games md?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

6 60.00%
  • No.

4 40.00%

Do you think this would be a great modern day for an AC game?

THIS is what a great modern day could be from my point of view :

We would control an initiate.
    The initiates we control would be customisable from the botom to the top.
    We would use helix IN the headquarter of the initiates.
    We would, sometimes, do missions where we would act as an assassin.
    We could do the same missions as many times as we want.
    We would be able to explore the initiates HQ inside and outside.
    We would be linked with other player, playing at the same time, so we could interact with them AND do the missions with some friends.
    Shaun Hasthings would be there (this guy always makes me smile).

You're free to tell what a great modern day would be for you. ^-^

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    It would be a hell of a lot better than Unity's modern day. If they don't want to focus on a single MD protagonist, then this would be the best option

Originally Posted by Altair1789 Go to original post
    It would be a hell of a lot better than Unity's modern day. If they don't want to focus on a single MD protagonist, then this would be the best option
    And do you think it would also be better than rogue? ^-^

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ERICATHERINE Go to original post
    And do you think it would also be better than rogue? ^-^
    Being one who isn't into the "minimal MD" thing, it would definitely be better than Rogue/ AC4. I know some people aren't really into MD and considered Rogue/ AC4 a good compromise. I just want more 3rd person MD, and the idea of deep customization and personalizing the protagonist may make people a bit more tolerant to MD missions

Originally Posted by Altair1789 Go to original post
    Being one who isn't into the "minimal MD" thing, it would definitely be better than Rogue/ AC4. I know some people aren't really into MD and considered Rogue/ AC4 a good compromise. I just want more 3rd person MD, and the idea of deep customization and personalizing the protagonist may make people a bit more tolerant to MD missions
    Hell yeah. Even if, at start, I was thinking about customization for not to have a tonn of the same person to be in the same room at the same time, I must say you found another good reason as well. Plus, I have to say that customisation is not a rare thing to find in video games, these days. From my point of view, even choosing if you want to play as a boy or as a girl, is customization. I even got a game where, while customizing the character, aside from choose between boy/girl, we can even choose which voice we want. ^-^

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    As long as there's actual gameplay and a 3rd person character with an identity, then yes.

col_96's Avatar Member
    Basically my Norway Theory would be perfect for me.

I would love to play as Gavin Banks-

http://theoneswhocamebefore.weebly.c...ay-theory.html

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    A mini-open world(a district from the same city as the ancestor lived in) with missions. Each end of each Sequence in the Animus gives clues to a hidden place in the city with something the MD Assassin and Templars are looking for and by half way trough the ancestors memory you get inside. From that point the amount of memories outside and inside the Animus is more or less just as much to keep the story going.

My ideal MD would be no ANIMUS. Bleeding Effect all the way. You are playing a character who is unnamed but who can relive his memories without the Animus and so he/she can't tell past and present.

This would solve a lot of problems. For one thing it introduces a strong subjective element so no Full Synchronization. Instead of "Your Ancestors didn't do that", killing innocents and the like will cause psychological breakdown and you will be told (by your therapist handler) that trying to relive and become your ancestor and doing what you are not supposed to do will make it easier for your sanity. So you can kill innocents but it also causes problems and brings penalties. It can also make for surreal transitions and all that, you can have parts that are dreams, memories of your ancestors dreams.

The ending can be left open and go any way, you may be contacted by Templars/Assassins and you don't know if they are fantasies or real. Ideally I would set the entire game in an asylum or clinic, mostly cause I like SHUTTER ISLAND and SHOCK CORRIDOR a lot. And since its subjective, its First person and you can have it entirley set in interiors, so limited assets baby!

To me this is how AC should have been from the start, they should have kept the MD ambiguous and presented a perspective of researchers using the Animus to discover the past and finding out that history is this conspiracy war between the Assassins and the Templars and the MD will be about the Assassins and Templars today, what their agenda and goals are, if they are still good or bad whether the Animus is reliable or not. If they ever reboot the entire Franchise, this is what they should do. I also think that if they are making a movie, they should take this approach, its more cinematic and more 21st Century.

I don't think the present day MD can be redeemed. They should continue with their Black Flag/UNITY approach or they should decide to do a full time MD game, otherwise it will always be disappointing.

Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    They should continue with their Black Flag/UNITY approach or they should decide to do a full time MD game, otherwise it will always be disappointing.
    Well I wasn't disapointed by ac III's md. In fact, I think it is the best so far with ac II and ac b coming next. ^-^