Mapping AC Syndicate's London

Hi there! I’m quite surprised no one has started one of this threads for ACS yet, so I guess it will have to be me Ok, so the first thing I did was work with the 2 known sources for the in-game map, one from the “Rooks edition” and the other one leaked from a closed doors presentation. These two:

So I mixed them together to create one map with every district in it, this one:

Later, I studied all the promotional materials (demo, trailers and pictures) to try to identify as many landmarks as possible, with the help of a real London map from 1868 (to be more specific, the one by Edward Weller, that you can check here). It is a rough approximation. Some of these places may not be in the final version, and of course there will be many more we haven’t seen yet. So take it as you wish :

But the search is far from over! There are still a lot of to discover, like I did in this picture:

What do you think? Will you help me to keep finding spots?

Matknapers18's Avatar Member
    Wow this is super awesome, great work!

Looking at that map and seeing all the labelled locations is actually really exciting. For me personally, I've never seen so many recognisable landmarks in a AC game. Westminister and the Strand in particular have such a great catalog of historical sites, almost every one listed rings a bell in my mind. This is the first AC game where I can genuinely see myself postponing the main quests to just go and visit all the famous buildings. In fact, if your map is accurate, it could be really helpful to have as a companion whilst playing the game. Assuming that landmarks aren't labelled on the in game map. I don't think they were in Unity.

Lets just hope that we get interiors for at least the most significant buildings. Walking around in Buckingham Palace would be sweet.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice work mate. Really interesting.

Although I hope the actual map is a lot bigger than that to be honest. Hopefully the promotional materials aren't true reflections.

KimSul's Avatar Junior Member
    With the information you have given, the play-able map looks kinda small compared to Paris :/ (I know they said it is suppose to be bigger but it just looks smaller)

niempe-67's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by KimSul Go to original post
    With the information you have given, the play-able map looks kinda small compared to Paris :/ (I know they said it is suppose to be bigger but it just looks smaller)
    I agree. And it is even smaller because you can travel faster.

Wow this is super awesome, great work!
    Thank you!

This is the first AC game where I can genuinely see myself postponing the main quests to just go and visit all the famous building
    I always do that, and let me tell you someting. I've found landmarks in Unity that weren't in the in-game database or the app, like the Banque de France, Bureau de Poste or L'ecole de Botanique, just to name a few. So yeah, we'll have to keep our eyes open.

Although I hope the actual map is a lot bigger than that to be honest. Hopefully the promotional materials aren't true reflections.
    I doubt it, all 3 different sources (maps and demo) match perfectly. I'm being optimistic, though. I hope they include the Tower of London and Tower Bridge (for example) in time rifts like they did with the Eiffel tower or the Liberty Statue in Unity. Let's cross our fingers.

With the information you have given, the play-able map looks kinda small compared to Paris
    Agree 100%. I`ve always thought that, if they ever set an AC game in victorian London, it would look something like this (work in progress, done by myself)

I agree. And it is even smaller because you can travel faster.
    We'll have to wait and see.

Impressive stuff! Hopefully we get to rob the bank of England!

Impressive stuff! Hopefully we get to rob the bank of England!
    Thanks! At one point in the demo we see the Bank of England from the inside, so the possibility is there, for sure. Another picture shows an assassin infiltrating Buckingham Palace, so again, highly possible

Great, I've located another landmark! This time it's the Holborn Viaduct, a road bridge built between 1863 and 1869 to improve traffic flow and distribution around the new Holborn Circus (check the map below). You can also see St. Paul's cathedral and a train in the distance:

The bridge itself is pretty well done, full of detail. Check this pictures of the real thing as a reference, then and now:

The only thing I'm missing are the four figurative statues that adorned its parapets, representing commerce and agriculture on the south side, science and fine art on the north side. The statues in the game are male and look very different.

Even more

Parliament Square (to the west of the Big Ben and Palace of Westminster)

Bank Junction (looking West, with Mansion House to the left and St. Paul's Cathedral in the distance).

Bank Junction (same place but looking east. You can see the Royal Exchange to the right and the Bank of England to the left).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►