Originally Posted by andre982d Go to original post

2. Blackfriars Bridge railway station.[/B]

This is the region I was talking about. Blackfriars Bridge station was never a huge building. The bridge itself isn't even the right model. I think what we'll find they've done is whacked the Cannon Street model on top of where Blackfriars is, rename it Blackfriars, and then they've added in the Charing Cross bridge model which they seem to have used for every railway bridge over the Thames (they even used it for Chelsea Bridge in the pre-alpha stuff)

Charing Cross railway bridge:

Nothing against this, if this is the decision, I just enjoy that they've used models even if they aren't using their real locations.

andre982d's Avatar Member
    1. The Temple Church is a late 12th-century church in the City of London located between Fleet Street and the River Thames, built by the Knights Templar as their English headquarters.

2. Blackfriars Bridge railway station (?).

3. St Paul's Cathedral.

flyin-bart's Avatar Member
    Great thread guy's........nice work.

Something I've just noticed watching the London Horizon Trailer, at 0:36 into it is that the "Seven Bells" tavern there? if it is they have re-named it "Public House" I assume this is the latest build they are using as it's the latest video to be released? Hope this is an earlier build and they stick with the "Seven Bells" name on release.

1. The Alhambra, Leicester Square.
    The building was known as the Royal Panopticon of Science and Art between 1854-1858. It reopened as the Alhambra Circus in 1858.

"famous London music-hall whose ornate Moorish-style architecture dominated the east side of Leicester Square. It opened on 18 Mar. 1854 under E. T. Smith as the Panopticon, but with little success, and in 1858 was first called the Alhambra (Palace), retaining the name through successive changes of title (Music-Hall, Palace of Varieties, Theatre, etc.). In 1860 extensive alterations were made to the building and a stage was installed so that it could for the first time be used as a music-hall. "

The "Odeon Cinema, Leicester Square" was built on the site in 1937.

Originally Posted by AnExplodingDodo Go to original post
    the Charing Cross bridge model which they seem to have used for every railway bridge over the Thames
    Originally Posted by AnExplodingDodo Go to original post
    I just enjoy that they've used models even if they aren't using their real locations.

1. St Martin-in-the-Fields is an English Anglican church at the north-east corner of Trafalgar Square in the City of Westminster, London. It is dedicated to Saint Martin of Tours. There has been a church on the site since the medieval period. The present building was constructed in a Neoclassical design by James Gibbs in 1722–1726.

Originally Posted by andre982d Go to original post
    [B][SIZE=2]

That circled area of greenery, it is there in a map of London from 1868. It would seem they have just bumped it closer. What is interesting about your map provided is pre 1864 at least, given the inclusion of Brunel's Hungerford (Charing Cross) Suspension footbridge. The greenery doesn't appear to be there. Might look into whether this parkland was fabricated later on. The dark square to the right may well be the Royal Panopticon?

The more and more I look at the map we've been given the more I fear it'll change and expand (first clue being the inclusion of the tower of London. This shot in the horizon trailer suggest the map goes even beyond it:

1. This is whereabouts the Tower of London is, looks like it goes beyond.

2. Don't know what some of those buildings are, but look, yet again; another usage of the 'Charing Cross' bridge...like I said. It is definitely different because there is no vaulted station building on the end of it.

I don't know what you guys are talking about The last circled area is Picadilly Circus. And the Tower of London is not in the main map (as I always suspected), it's out of bounds and can only be visited in certain missions, at least one. You can cleary see that in the last trailer, where the Tower is nowhere to be seen where it should be.

Starting off about a post i made here before.

I previously speculated that this could be St Pancras Station because it looked like a red-brick station, St Pancras being the only one at the time, and the only one in that direction, but i played this down due to it not looking like the same shape. It now seems certain that this is the case, but as I feared, they have made it their own version with a fictional layout.

When the Jack the Ripper trailer came out, there was a clock tower featured that i instantly recognised, having seen it in person recently. It was that of St Pancras. Suspicions were confirmed, and I got very excited that we may get King's Cross, but I don't think it'll happen, and here's why;

A recent unboxing video revealed that the top left station is indeed St Pancras, but it is facing the wrong way (so it can connect to another station, which I'll go onto)

I then went back through previous trailers, and I watched the London Horizon trailer again. I realised that St Pancras (or their version) was in it all along. It is rather different, but there are a few features which give it away, when looking at this comparison;

The reason I picked this station out was because it doesn't look like any other station I have ever seen in pictures, so it must be fictional, and it is also red brick, a huge giveaway.

So I don't know if others will agree, but this seems to be the case, that they have used models once again and placed them where they want, to serve as fictional re-imaginings of real locations.

Here's what the real building looks like for those that don't know;

Next to King's Cross

This leads me onto another query. I have already given fair evidence that they are using some building models for other purposes, well it seems like another may be evident. In the unboxing video, it also shows another station;

Old Street Station. A station didn't exist here until 1901. This leads me to speculate that we may either be getting a model of Bishopsgate Station or something else. The space taken by the buildings looks large, and even in the modern day, Old Street is only an underground station. This suggests it is overground. It must be another building being used.

And also, I'll leave you with this;

"Kenway Mansion?"

Originally Posted by Cornik22 Go to original post
    Spoiler:  Show
    Hi there! I’m quite surprised no one has started one of this threads for ACS yet, so I guess it will have to be me Ok, so the first thing I did was work with the 2 known sources for the in-game map, one from the “Rooks edition” and the other one leaked from a closed doors presentation. These two:

So I mixed them together to create one map with every district in it, this one:

Later, I studied all the promotional materials (demo, trailers and pictures) to try to identify as many landmarks as possible, with the help of a real London map from 1868 (to be more specific, the one by Edward Weller, that you can check here). It is a rough approximation. Some of these places may not be in the final version, and of course there will be many more we haven’t seen yet. So take it as you wish :

But the search is far from over! There are still a lot of to discover, like I did in this picture:

What do you think? Will you help me to keep finding spots?

I will definitely try to measure the map and find the map size as it is said that it is 30% larger than the 2.440.000 m2 of Paris area (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ap-Comparisons). As it is in this size if we take 2.440.000*0,3 we have about 750.000 so I think it London will have an area of approximately 3.170.000 m2. But anyway it might be wrong as Rome was not three times Florence but larger. I really hope we won't have only this map but also some countryside of England.

Westminster Abbey

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234