BananaBlighter's Avatar Senior Member
    Great job Cornik on all this stuff.

Great job Cornik on all this stuff
    Thanks!

The Bank of England can be seen several times in the demo and the gameplay video. These two are the best moments:

Some info: The Bank of England, formally the Governor and Company of the Bank of England, is the central bank of the United Kingdom and the model on which most modern central banks have been based. Established in 1694, it is the second oldest central bank in the world and the world's 8th oldest bank. It was established to act as the English Government's banker, and is still the banker for the Government of the United Kingdom.

The Bank's headquarters have been in London's main financial district, the City of London, on Threadneedle Street, since 1734. It is sometimes known by the metonym The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street or The Old Lady, a name taken from the legend of Sarah Whitehead, whose ghost is said to haunt the Bank's garden.

From the gameplay video, we know that 1-The bank has an interior and 2- the bank can be entered through a window on the roof, which leads me to believe there will be some kind of heist mission in the game.

Thanks to forum member m4r-k7, we can now take a look at the full map (including the missing top right corner). The quality is not superb, but it will do for now.

Some things that I've noticed:

- The Tower of London is listed, which is a surprise. I'm still not convinced 100% that it will be in the game (at least in the map), but it give us hope.

- There is another train station in Whitechapel, more than likely Whitechapel Station (although it originally opened in 1876).

Does anyone know if Queen Anne's Square is included in this map? I think it may be too far north but I'm not sure.

Just wondering if we're going to see the Kenway Manor in Syndicate....

It would be a nice way of tying the games together...

Actually it probably will be since Queen Anne's Square is south west of the Charles ****ens museum. So if the Charles ****ens icon is his house/museum then we should have Queen Anne's Square with the Kenway Manor.

andre982d's Avatar Member
    Lambeth Asylum

Trafalgar Square & Nelson's Column

Buckingham Palace

What the twins trailer revealed to us is something I've been suspecting all along. I always thought if Cannon Street station isn't in the game there is something not right.

Still there today, but looks a little different (worse)

The inclusion of this station was a no-brainer to me. It is one of the iconic stations of the era. I highly doubt we'll get Kings Cross (1852) or St Pancras (1868) though, which is a shame. This also shows us how the map has had to be squashed a bit. IRL Cannon Street is east of St Pauls, whereas in the game it is clearly placed west of it.

The only other thing it could be is Blackfriars station, (Farringdon Street has also been mentioned for this), but Blackfriars never really had a massive structure on the banks of the Thames. Where I have circled on the map below is where I'm guessing they're placing Cannon Street, where Blackfriars should be down Farringdon Road. This should link on directly from Holborn Viaduct. (I visited London the other day and had a look at the area, there's a lot they're probably going to rearrange)

With ****ens' location on the map, I've a feeling they're moving his house from Doughty Street (off of Grays Inn Road, just south of King's Cross) to wherever it is now. The ****ens Museum is where he lived until his death in 1870. I went to have a look the other day. If Kings Cross isn't in the game, Doughty Street wouldn;t be so it is understandable if they do this.

One thing i must ask, because it is stumping me big time. This shot in the trailer:

What are the two buildings outlined?? The large one MUST be a station. The roof suggests it cannot be anything else. I have been looking through different stations of the period, and as far as the one in the picture goes, it doesn't exist. The only redbrick station in that rough direction is St Pancras, but that isn't how St Pancras looks. Im also not sure about the building in front. It looks reminiscent of Westminster Cathedral, or even some brewery with chimneys. This shot has had me scratching my head for too long!

EmptyCrustacean's Avatar Banned
    Slightly off-topic. Do you think we'll ever get an AC game where there's more than one city but each city is as big as London?

1. Cleopatra's Needle is an authentic Egyptian obelisk in London. In the early nineteenth century the more than three thousand-year-old obelisk was transported to London from its original site in Egypt.
    There are three obelisks known as 'Cleopatra's Needle': the first one was installed in Paris at the center of the Place de la Concorde. The other two are located in New York - in Central Park - and London, on the Embankment near the Victoria Embankment Gardens.

2. Blackfriars Bridge railway station.