ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    Can't wait to climb dat St. Paul's Cathedral.

btw this map of London in 1868 is pretty detailed and good quality.

http://london1868.com/weller01.htm

People shouldn't worry.Every little dot in the map is a huge building.Let's not forget that the devs stated that London will be bigger than Paris(also 5 times the size of Rome iirc)
    What should worry you is the extremely wide streets and how alive the city will feel,because bigger=/=better.

Finally,awesome work OP,i used to do such work for Paris

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dimbismp Go to original post
    People shouldn't worry.Every little dot in the map is a huge building.Let's not forget that the devs stated that London will be bigger than Paris(also 5 times the size of Rome iirc)
    What should worry you is the extremely wide streets and how alive the city will feel,because bigger=/=better.

Finally,awesome work OP,i used to do such work for Paris
    Wow...

Many thanks to Cornik22 for taking the time and effort to do that for us

London was (and is) full of little back streets and the docks are huge so there would be lots of places to explore even in a small map but if Ubi are making it bigger than paris I'm stunned, I played Unity yesterday and the number of NPC's and all the buildings we can enter are amazing still.
     1 people found this helpful

btw this map of London in 1868 is pretty detailed and good quality. http://london1868.com/weller01.htm
    That's the map I've been using as reference! To figure out, for example, that the Royal Courts of Justice didn't exist yet (and won't be in the game) or where the Holborn Viaduct was.

People shouldn't worry.Every little dot in the map is a huge building.Let's not forget that the devs stated that London will be bigger than Paris. What should worry you is the extremely wide streets and how alive the city will feel,because bigger=/=better.
    Agree, although some of us expected it to be bigger. I miss Hyde park or the Tower of London, for example.

Many thanks to Cornik22 for taking the time and effort to do that for us
    Thank you for your interest

Now that we are so close to the E3 and a new demo, I tought it would be fun to "map" the first gameplay demo. Enjoy!

1- First, we see the backside of St Paul’s cathedral from Watling Street.
    2- Then the “Seven Bells” tavern, located in Cannon Street, close to the cathedral. The name is probably a reference to the real “Ten Bells” tavern located in the East End. Two victims of Jack the Ripper, Annie Chapman and Mary Kelley, used to spend time there drinking and picking up clients.
    3- Once Jacob leaves the tavern, he gets on the coach and travels across Cannon Street
    4- …until he turns to the left to King William Street. You can even see the statue of King William IV for a moment. This statue was relocated in 1935 to the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich.
    5- Finally, he turns to the right to confront a rival gang inside a group of buildings close to Bank junction.

1- Jacob leaves the place chasing Bloody Nora. If you look behind him as he steals a carriage, you can see the Bank of England and the equestrian statue of the Duke of Wellington.
    2- He follows the inverse route seen before. Crossing King William Street… (again, we can see the statue of King William IV and the Southwark bridge in front of it)
    3- … to the right through Cannon Street… (you can see the “Seven Bells” to the left for a second)…
    4- … again to the right, crossing Victoria Street
    5- … then to the left ramming innocent people in Watling Street (the same from the first shot)...
    6- … and finally reaching St Paul’s churchyard, moving straight to Ludgate Hill. And then the fight starts, so thats all.

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    ^ Wow thanks so much for mapping all of this out!

Really hoping for a more atmospheric E3 demo - fog, darkness, weather etc!

blazerpika's Avatar Junior Member
    Great thread. Like others have said hopefully for E3 the demo showcases the foggy,gloomy and overall dark feeling of this era.

rrebe's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Cornik22 Go to original post
    Now that we are so close to the E3 and a new demo, I tought it would be fun to "map" the first gameplay demo. Enjoy!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qjwoys.jpg

2- Then the “Seven Bells” tavern, located in Cannon Street, close to the cathedral. The name is probably a reference to the real “Ten Bells” tavern located in the East End. Two victims of Jack the Ripper, Annie Chapman and Mary Kelley, used to spend time there drinking and picking up clients.
    3- Once Jacob leaves the tavern, he gets on the coach and travels across Cannon Street
    4- …until he turns to the left to King William Street. You can even see the statue of King William IV for a moment. This statue was relocated in 1935 to the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich.
    5- Finally, he turns to the right to confront a rival gang inside a group of buildings close to Bank junction.

http://i58.tinypic.com/16byert.jpg

1- Jacob leaves the place chasing Bloody Nora. If you look behind him as he steals a carriage, you can see the Bank of England and the equestrian statue of the Duke of Wellington.
    2- He follows the inverse route seen before. Crossing King William Street… (again, we can see the statue of King William IV and the Southwark bridge in front of it)
    3- … to the right through Cannon Street… (you can see the “Seven Bells” to the left for a second)…
    5- … then to the left ramming innocent people in Watling Street (the same from the first shot)...
    6- … and finally reaching St Paul’s churchyard, moving straight to Ludgate Hill. And then the fight starts, so thats all.

Nice work!

niempe-67's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Cornik22 Go to original post

Splendid job! I hope we see more of these after E3 ;-)

Really hoping for a more atmospheric E3 demo - fog, darkness, weather etc!
    Agree 100%. I was a bit disappointed with the first gameplay becase it was the opposite of that, but now let's wait and see.

Splendid job! I hope we see more of these after E3 ;-)
    You can bet on that

As I mentioned before, the statue of King William IV can be seen twice during the demo:

Originally erected, December 1844, in the City, at the junction of King William Street and Cannon Street, facing down to London Bridge. He and his queen, Adelaide, had opened the Rennie London Bridge in 1831 so this was a good position. As traffic increased the statue had to be moved and the Greenwich Park site was chosen in 1935. The first statue in London in granite (a very hard stone), in the naturalistic style which was then new and fashionable. Seems the estimate for the job did not allow for the difficulties that granite presented; Nixon's finances were nearly ruined by this commission.