I was playing IL2-Sturmovik and it's completely different game comparing to IL2 FB. Sturmovik is much much easier and tactics that worked there, doesn't work in FB.

I am flying German campaign with BF 109 (F4 at the moment) and I did a LOT quick mission for training.

I would appreciate very much if you can give me some advice on head to head attack i.e. positioning relatively to the enemy, altitude (should I be 500m or 2000m higher before the dive), distance (shod I start he dive 500m or 2 km), when to start the dive ...

Especially, If you could give me advice how to bring down IL2 (any modification with rear gunner).

In IL2-Sturmovik attack from 6 bellow works fine even with 4 aces in formation (with 109 G).

In FB I can hardly shot down one IL2 field mod if it's average using 6 bellow tactic. Rear gunner is deadly. Realistic? Hmmm... But anyway.

Any advice is more than welcomed, especially if you can tell me where I can find some tracks to download. Of course, I know it depends on the plane you are fighting against andy your plane, and that it is a matter of practice and so on, but is there any general rule (i.e. 30-60 deg dive, start from 500m but not further than 1km from the enemy. If the enemy plane is faster, than do that, if it is bigger than do that ...).

Thanks and salute.

I was playing IL2-Sturmovik and it's completely different game comparing to IL2 FB. Sturmovik is much much easier and tactics that worked there, doesn't work in FB.

I am flying German campaign with BF 109 (F4 at the moment) and I did a LOT quick mission for training.

I would appreciate very much if you can give me some advice on head to head attack i.e. positioning relatively to the enemy, altitude (should I be 500m or 2000m higher before the dive), distance (shod I start he dive 500m or 2 km), when to start the dive ...

Especially, If you could give me advice how to bring down IL2 (any modification with rear gunner).

In IL2-Sturmovik attack from 6 bellow works fine even with 4 aces in formation (with 109 G).

In FB I can hardly shot down one IL2 field mod if it's average using 6 bellow tactic. Rear gunner is deadly. Realistic? Hmmm... But anyway.

Any advice is more than welcomed, especially if you can tell me where I can find some tracks to download. Of course, I know it depends on the plane you are fighting against andy your plane, and that it is a matter of practice and so on, but is there any general rule (i.e. 30-60 deg dive, start from 500m but not further than 1km from the enemy. If the enemy plane is faster, than do that, if it is bigger than do that ...).

Thanks and salute.

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    For the IL2, shoot the radiator underneath the nose. Once it starts smoking, let it go, it will crash in a few minutes.

The best reference for air combat tactics in sims that I've come accross is the SimHQ Air Combat Library

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use

Salut
    Tully

A short advice for Head-ons in a Bf-109:

don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HansKnappstick:

don't.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

)))))

So by this you say to use bf 109 only to try to park it on enemy's 6?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fkluz:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HansKnappstick:

don't.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

)))))

So by this you say to use bf 109 only to try to park it on enemy's 6?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't want to send redface, but LOL, as new to this forum didn't realize that instant gremlins are turned on.

You answer really makes me louhg, short and simmple!

don't.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that`s exactly what I was going to say. Don`t.

SeaFireLIV...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fkluz:

))))

So by this you say to use bf 109 only to try to park it on enemy's 6?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes I do, is it wrong?
    ...and yes, I am a noob...!

BTW, I also use the smiles _with_ a nose, since my own is quite remarkable...

It's not a head-on if they stalled and you are coming in from anywhere from 3-12-9 o'clock in a dive on em. They can't pull up to shoot you because they already stalled. Or if they are at a low E state where they would stall if they did try to pull up and shoot you. But the 109 is just so fragile you don't want to give them a chance to shoot you. Just climb and keep them verticle, then they won't have the chance.

Rajvosa's Avatar Banned
    fkluz????

Do you mean the great Franjo Kluz?? Famous Yugoslav partizan pilot, killed in a Spitfire Mk V?

Golf GTI Edition 2.0 16v (Rest In Pieces!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►