tsisqua's Avatar Senior Member
    Hello All

For over a year now, my mate, Skidro, and I have been trying to piece together a squad based on the Fighting 79th, 79th Fighter Squadron, of the 20th Fighter group. We had three members, and one of them has flown the coop. We had all of Skidro's research for the actual squad, a website, and I had missions, scenery, and other work involved as well.

For those who do not know, Skidro has maintained a website for the 20thFG Association, which consists of surviving pilots, friends, and family members. Skid has become acquainted with several of the surviving pilots, one of them possibly the first P-38 ace in the ETO, Jack Ilfrey. So the resources for making this a historically accurate squad were abundant.

Now, the problem is that Skidro is, at present, working on an interactive CD as a tribute to the real 20th Fighter Group. That, coupled with his other work, has consumed his every spare second, and nobody wants to see it completed any more than I do, but it has to be right, and I would never push him to hurry. In the meantime, I've been waiting, at least until last week.

While online at HL, I noticed that there were guys wearing 20thFG uniforms with their online names. I asked if I could fly with them a bit, since we had this kinship. It seems that their squad is based on the entire 20th Fighter Group, and have as subgroups the 77th, the 79th, and the 55th Fighter Squadrons. Rather than seeing a conflict here as to having two different squads based on the same history, I was asked to join. I contacted Skidro, and after a long talk, we will both be joining the 20thFG, first me, then Skid after his CD is completed.

All of Skidro's research will be very valuable to the squad, as well as anything else that we had done toward getting our squad off the ground. It is almost as if fate had prepared us to be a part of the new squad. Very odd, indeed.

I must say that I am enjoying the flying with new pilots, and making new friends online. This is my first squad since making the big move to IL2. I used to be in Aces High (squad, not the sim), in CFS2, and in CFS1, I was in the RAF112th, and flew Spitfires.

Well, I know that this has no bearing on anyone else's FB experience, but I thought that you folks might enjoy the story of how it came about. I found it a bit strange, but then, like I said, truth really is stranger than fiction.

Thanks
    flying online as 20thFG>Tsisqua

Hello All

For over a year now, my mate, Skidro, and I have been trying to piece together a squad based on the Fighting 79th, 79th Fighter Squadron, of the 20th Fighter group. We had three members, and one of them has flown the coop. We had all of Skidro's research for the actual squad, a website, and I had missions, scenery, and other work involved as well.

For those who do not know, Skidro has maintained a website for the 20thFG Association, which consists of surviving pilots, friends, and family members. Skid has become acquainted with several of the surviving pilots, one of them possibly the first P-38 ace in the ETO, Jack Ilfrey. So the resources for making this a historically accurate squad were abundant.

Now, the problem is that Skidro is, at present, working on an interactive CD as a tribute to the real 20th Fighter Group. That, coupled with his other work, has consumed his every spare second, and nobody wants to see it completed any more than I do, but it has to be right, and I would never push him to hurry. In the meantime, I've been waiting, at least until last week.

While online at HL, I noticed that there were guys wearing 20thFG uniforms with their online names. I asked if I could fly with them a bit, since we had this kinship. It seems that their squad is based on the entire 20th Fighter Group, and have as subgroups the 77th, the 79th, and the 55th Fighter Squadrons. Rather than seeing a conflict here as to having two different squads based on the same history, I was asked to join. I contacted Skidro, and after a long talk, we will both be joining the 20thFG, first me, then Skid after his CD is completed.

All of Skidro's research will be very valuable to the squad, as well as anything else that we had done toward getting our squad off the ground. It is almost as if fate had prepared us to be a part of the new squad. Very odd, indeed.

I must say that I am enjoying the flying with new pilots, and making new friends online. This is my first squad since making the big move to IL2. I used to be in Aces High (squad, not the sim), in CFS2, and in CFS1, I was in the RAF112th, and flew Spitfires.

Well, I know that this has no bearing on anyone else's FB experience, but I thought that you folks might enjoy the story of how it came about. I found it a bit strange, but then, like I said, truth really is stranger than fiction.

Thanks
    flying online as 20thFG>Tsisqua

congrats!

Great story Tsisqua - thanks for telling

And good luck in the 20th

Night is better than Day

B16Enk's Avatar Senior Member
    So like mine your LOMAC disc is now purely decorative

Nice and relevant tale Tsisqua

Fate is like that........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B16Enk:
    So like mine your LOMAC disc is now purely decorative

Nice and relevant tale Tsisqua

Fate is like that........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhmmmm, yeah, I just wasn't getting the satisfaction that I wanted out of LOMAC, And, er . . . well, darnit, B16Enk, yes, it is a coaster for my drinks now.

Tsisqua

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tsisqua:

This is my first squad since making the big move to IL2. I used to be in Aces High (squad, not the sim), in CFS2, and in CFS1.......

Tsisqua was that Danger's old squad your talking about?

BTW congratulations on joining a new squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FA_Maddog:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by tsisqua:

This is my first squad since making the big move to IL2. I used to be in Aces High (squad, not the sim), in CFS2, and in CFS1.......

Tsisqua was that Danger's old squad your talking about?

BTW congratulations on joining a new squad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rgr that, on General Danger. Good guys in that squad, and I still see alot of them at the HL . . . Iceman, Pez, Fasted, etc . . . Ah . . . Pacific Fighters will show MS how to do a real PTO sim

Tsisqua

Congrats Tsisqua!

Is there a link to your new home?

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    aslong as u happy mate

&lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!