Ambient Music

I've recently started a new playthrough, and I've noticed that the ambient music that plays in the background when you are exploring is never there. I have only heard it once in around 9 hours of game time. All of the other sound works fine, including music played during missions and when liberating outposts and belltowers. The music in this game is generally pretty amazing, so it's a huge detractor to not have it there. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Over here!

Originally Posted by Revan742 Go to original post
    I've recently started a new playthrough, and I've noticed that the ambient music that plays in the background when you are exploring is never there. I have only heard it once in around 9 hours of game time. All of the other sound works fine, including music played during missions and when liberating outposts and belltowers. The music in this game is generally pretty amazing, so it's a huge detractor to not have it there. Has anyone else had the same issue?
    YES! Finally proof that I'm not alone! I've had the same issue for months. Even took it up with the uplay tech team after I tested some waters by playing it without updates. The calm exploration music was back in full swing. After updating again it was again GONE! So far we've been updated to 1.07 and this was well after I reported the music issue. STILL hasn't been fixed. For music as beautiful and fitting for the game's atmosphere by the great Cliff Martinez this is practically unacceptable. Thanks for reaching out. The dev team needs to get wind of more fans like us with the same issue.

No, your definitely not alone. I have posted the problem a couple of times myself and even submitted tickets. So far the dev reply with the usual uninstall and reinstall the game. As well as check your sound settings, but this is clearly a problem across all platforms, so hopefully they are taking notice and fix it!

Why is there no ambient music when free-roaming??? software glitch in updates??

This is most unfortunate. I just got the game for Xbox one a few days ago and have noticed this same issue. I've youtubed the ambient music and it's incredible!! Why is Ubisoft not fixing this??? It is like 9 months after launch now for this game. I made a support ticket on their support website, hope to hear from them soon. I know I'm missing out big time with the no ambient music, so I'll just go to other games 'til they fix this. this is unacceptable.

After having an open ticket for what seemed like forever about this issue, this was the response i got...

"Thank you for update and the confirmation with the issue, I have escalated your case to the 2nd Level support team for investigation.
    Once they have a solution we will contact you via email."

It has been about a month since receiving this email.
    With the announcement of new Ubisoft titles about to be released, I believe that this game has already been forgotten by the company as they have moved on. I doubt the issue will ever get fixed which is disappointing.

Originally Posted by GEORGE2378 Go to original post
    YES! Finally proof that I'm not alone! I've had the same issue for months. Even took it up with the uplay tech team after I tested some waters by playing it without updates. The calm exploration music was back in full swing. After updating again it was again GONE! So far we've been updated to 1.07 and this was well after I reported the music issue. STILL hasn't been fixed. For music as beautiful and fitting for the game's atmosphere by the great Cliff Martinez this is practically unacceptable. Thanks for reaching out. The dev team needs to get wind of more fans like us with the same issue.

Revan so this is the response i just got from the Ubi support team about my questions regarding the absence of ambient music.

COMMUNICATION HISTORY
    Leticia @Ubisoft Support Jul 24, 2015 at 10:45 AM EDT
    Thanks for contacting Ubisoft.

[I]The only time you're supposed to hear music while playing Far Car 4 is when you're driving. Otherwise there isn't any music unless you're in story mood.
    [/I

What???? so you guys remember there being ambient music for free-roam when the game launched, and now the Ubi support team is telling me there isn't supposed to be any music outside of the the car radio and for story missions....weird. So it was never there in the first place...or they patched it out?

There was DEFINITELY ambient music! We are all hear because we KNOW it existed! Its on the ost. It disappeared after one of the patches late last year i believe. A mate of mine has the original un-patched game and the ambient music is there. Sounds like they are now trying to bury it.

Wow. This is such BS. Ubisoft went to all the trouble of contracting Cliff Martinez to make a stellar soundtrack for their game, and then let this bug persist butchering all the ambient music that is 'sposed to be in the background and is now never there. If they don't fix this I swear I'm never supporting Ubisoft again. It doesn't seem like this would be such a hard thing to fix...

Exactly! It doesn't seem like it would be hard to fix, which makes me think that the game has been shelved while they focus on their upcoming titles. As i said before, very disappointing!!!

Bring the jams back!

I opened a ticket and here was Ubi's response:

Until this issue is addressed by the development team, there is no additional Information.

Super helpful. At least 4 tracks from the OST simply "disappeared" from the game.

This is a crying shame. Cliff Martinez created a masterpiece and it was the perfect icing on the beautiful cake that is Kyrat. No one would care if it weren't for the fact that this is an amazing game with tons of replay value. I'm playing on PS4, but it's clear this isn't console-specific.

So what do we need to do, start a petition? I'm all about it.

P.S., there's a Reddit going at https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comm..._free_roaming/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►