Agreed!

Originally Posted by UncleDum Go to original post
    I opened a ticket and here was Ubi's response:

Until this issue is addressed by the development team, there is no additional Information.

Super helpful. At least 4 tracks from the OST simply "disappeared" from the game.

This is a crying shame. Cliff Martinez created a masterpiece and it was the perfect icing on the beautiful cake that is Kyrat. No one would care if it weren't for the fact that this is an amazing game with tons of replay value. I'm playing on PS4, but it's clear this isn't console-specific.

So what do we need to do, start a petition? I'm all about it.

P.S., there's a Reddit going at https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comm..._free_roaming/
    I'm with you on that bro! Question is how and when do we start?

Same problem with PC version. The problem occured with the 1.9 version. I installed 3 different version. With v1.8 the music was back, but no music with the 1.9 and 1.10 (latest) version. I'm on discussion with Ubisoft support team and hope they find a solution.

I've been playing the game on PC lately and was wondering why the music was never playing. I'm hoping Ubisoft will get to fixing it or someone else finds a way to get it working again.

Guys.

I once had a very similar problem with my PS3 and Orange Box where the ambient music disappeared sometimes when I started playing (but not everytime) but the game played okay otherwise. Turned out I needed to replace my Blue-ray drive.
    Go figure.

Same for me too

Originally Posted by Revan742 Go to original post
    I've recently started a new playthrough, and I've noticed that the ambient music that plays in the background when you are exploring is never there. I have only heard it once in around 9 hours of game time. All of the other sound works fine, including music played during missions and when liberating outposts and belltowers. The music in this game is generally pretty amazing, so it's a huge detractor to not have it there. Has anyone else had the same issue?
    I'm facing the same problem on my ps3 after the update. This is BS. The music was a good thing while walking around. Ubisoft is bull ****. If I New about this I would have never done the update in the first place.

I have found a fix!

So after two years of bad luck, I finally found a fix. TWO ****ING YEARS!!!! And they said that this game supposed to be with no ambient music, f u ubisoft and f your patches. The fix is simple, all you have to do is download any patch below patch 1.7. All patches works like a charm tested and can confirm, currently I'm using patch 1.6. You can't imagine what joy is to play this game with ambient music. THAT WE SUPPOSED TO HEAR FROM THE BEGGINING.
    P.s
    Download Patch (1.0, 1,1, 1,2, 1,3, 1,4, 1,5, 1,6) any of the mentioned.
    Put the required files into Far Cry 4 bin (or just copy whole bin folder into the directory you have installed FC4, in my case it is in steamapps)
    LAUNCH the game through your steam library.
     2 people found this helpful

Can you or anyone please explain how I can download an older patch since it's clear 3 years later no one at Ubisoft cares?
     2 people found this helpful

Try to google Far Cry 4 1.6 patch etc. these patches are mostly cracked and are usually on fishy sites, unless somebody has legit files saved on google drives and so on, when I first found working patch it was from a google drive and wasn't cracked. Or try youtube they usually have links in the description. Cheers

Ambient Music Fix

I have found a fix!
    So after two years of bad luck, I finally found a fix. TWO ****ING YEARS!!!! And they said that this game supposed to be with no ambient music, f u ubisoft and f your patches. The fix is simple, all you have to do is download any patch below patch 1.7. All patches works like a charm tested and can confirm, currently I'm using patch 1.6. You can't imagine what joy is to play this game with ambient music. THAT WE SUPPOSED TO HEAR FROM THE BEGGINING.
    P.s
    Download Patch (1.0, 1,1, 1,2, 1,3, 1,4, 1,5, 1,6) any of the mentioned.
    Put the required files into Far Cry 4 bin (or just copy whole bin folder into the directory you have installed FC4, in my case it is in steamapps)
    LAUNCH the game through your steam library.
     1 people found this helpful

4 years since the OP

I've sent just a message to the FC4 support page asking what the hell is going on... wonder if they will reply.
    As for finding an older patch before 1.7, I've had no luck. 4 years is a long time. Anyone got any ideas? NEED THAT MUSIC!!!