Right now I'm wondering if ubi.com is experiencing a system outage, or if for some reason or another I can't access ubi. its sunday, its been this way all day.
    Ive discovered one major problem with running the game in server mode on ubi.com, and that is that if there are any other adapters on the machine other than a direct connection to the WAN the server won't work. I figure in TCP/IP language it has to do with what happens when the frame is encapsulated and transported with any kind of network address translation, it must become too large or unable to reach the server. Well thats what I thought anyhow. so then I set up a network bridge and activated two IP addresses thinking logically, without the NAT problem each NIC would be able to run a server or a client, and I'd just use the WAN addresses to connect. but now I cant even get the game lobby to run. My question is, how do you manage to run a dedicated server, on a network server, and a client, on a workstation and still accept incoming connections? I cant decide if I want to play or if I want to host a server. And if I just use the standard server as a part of the game and play in the game, whyfor I should shutdown my internal subnet to make it work? how do the big ISP's do it?
    So I'm off to dismantle a bridge, I may try some other configuration such as a network hub for the WAN thinking maybe somehow the broadcast addresses are used.

Right now I'm wondering if ubi.com is experiencing a system outage, or if for some reason or another I can't access ubi. its sunday, its been this way all day.
    Ive discovered one major problem with running the game in server mode on ubi.com, and that is that if there are any other adapters on the machine other than a direct connection to the WAN the server won't work. I figure in TCP/IP language it has to do with what happens when the frame is encapsulated and transported with any kind of network address translation, it must become too large or unable to reach the server. Well thats what I thought anyhow. so then I set up a network bridge and activated two IP addresses thinking logically, without the NAT problem each NIC would be able to run a server or a client, and I'd just use the WAN addresses to connect. but now I cant even get the game lobby to run. My question is, how do you manage to run a dedicated server, on a network server, and a client, on a workstation and still accept incoming connections? I cant decide if I want to play or if I want to host a server. And if I just use the standard server as a part of the game and play in the game, whyfor I should shutdown my internal subnet to make it work? how do the big ISP's do it?
    So I'm off to dismantle a bridge, I may try some other configuration such as a network hub for the WAN thinking maybe somehow the broadcast addresses are used.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Use hyperlobby instead of Ubi. Its far better and you don't have to dismantle your network in order to play.

I maybe wrong, but I think the Ubi software sends the local ip of the machine hosting. You're probably sending non-routable address in the packet instead of your WAN i-face IP.

Troll2k's Avatar Senior Member
    At the moment there is a bug with the ubi game software that will not allow you to host from behind a router.

UBI lobby is down ...............Sims are still going , but the only way in is to right click on a freind in freids list that is already in . Select join freinds game .Im sure they will fix it tomarrow . Raven sheild is down also.

I perfer UBI................Although there own dedicated server software only works at HL, Go figure.

Bad-MF(Mongrel Fighter) AKA .......Dawg-of-death