It worked for me at least...

I have an A7N8X, Athlon XP 3200, and radeon 9800Pro AIW. These drivers fixed up the performance in perfect mode that has been broken for me since the 4.2 catalysts. Your mileage may vary...

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=796

If you are nervous about betas I'd imagine the official catalysts should be out any day now.

It worked for me at least...

I have an A7N8X, Athlon XP 3200, and radeon 9800Pro AIW. These drivers fixed up the performance in perfect mode that has been broken for me since the 4.2 catalysts. Your mileage may vary...

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=796

If you are nervous about betas I'd imagine the official catalysts should be out any day now.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Got some benchmarking tests (before and after) to show? I'm not convinced yet. I've heard 50/50 on results.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

I didn't benchmark it (don't have fraps) so it's totally seat of the pants feel. But where before I was constantly dropping in the 15-20fps on perfect with the new water on 2 it now feels like 30-40.

If there's a way in game to display fps let me know and I'll check and post what i'm getting on one of the default tracks.

Oh, thats 1024x768 with 2x fsaa and 4x aniso and using rtool to force trilinear aniso on all textures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BellHat:
    I didn't benchmark it (don't have fraps) so it's totally seat of the pants feel. But where before I was constantly dropping in the 15-20fps on perfect with the new water on 2 it now feels like 30-40.

If there's a way in game to display fps let me know and I'll check and post what i'm getting on one of the default tracks.

Oh, thats 1024x768 with 2x fsaa and 4x aniso and using rtool to force trilinear aniso on all textures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES. There is an ingame FPS counter. After the mission starts hit SHIFT + TAB key:
    Type exactly like this: fps START SHOW
    Hit the Enter key.
    Hit the SHIFT + TAB key again.

Now at the top of your screen will be an FPS counter. I think there is a way to keep a log of it too... maybe.

Rick

Oh yeah. The command to turn it off is: fps STOP SHOW

Actually it's just "fps START SHOW" and "fps STOP"

--------------------------------------

PapaG39's Avatar Senior Member
    hmmmm, bummer...I have been trying them & I still get a lot of flutter which makes panning & diving on something very hard.
    I get some artifacting flashing by while flying.
    I get wierd bright box like colors around the edges of water also.
    Ezxcellent is just as good so I'll keep these until the next set comes out.
    But...perfect is still NOT playable on my 9700 Pro card.
    P4 2.4/2megs of pc3200ddr ram/audigy gamer

those are the best cats. so far - for il-2 excellent mode !!

best FPS AND IQ !

Okay I did some track runthroughs for you number lovers...

I hope the formatting holds...

Trackname avg max min

SpitVvsMeFW_4 31 133 17
    P38vsKi84 23 76 10
    Me163 30 145 7
    Go229vsB17v2 27 51 7
    Me262vsYP80 38 149 13
    Night_Stuka * 30 71 7
    P51vsKi84 41 114 17
    Ta152vsP51 46 98 17
    onlineLa5FNvsBf109F4 70 145 30
    spitVvsMeFW_IV ** 26 57 14

The graphics settings are maxed out in game including water=2. 1024x768, 2xaa, 4x aniso

* In the night Stuka mission the searchlight cones were NOT rendered
    ** Manual view control, facing forward, zoomed out (page down) gunsight view

Okay, obviously the formatting didn't hold so I converted it to pdf and uploaded it to my webspace...

http://members.shaw.ca/hellbat/IL2_Cat4_6beta.pdf