Hi, i´m newbie and i don´t know what is the best way to shoot down an enemy plane. at the moment i can´t do it, far target, close distance, etc i can´t. please teach me some way to do it.

Hi, i´m newbie and i don´t know what is the best way to shoot down an enemy plane. at the moment i can´t do it, far target, close distance, etc i can´t. please teach me some way to do it.

Everyone here would tell you there were terrible at first, its damm hard to shoot down something as a noob, especially online

In the FB manual.. it says create a mission with large aircraft as target drones and get to work on them and its a pretty good idea.

Then gradually decrease the size and work to smaller and faster planes. It takes a while to learn deflection shooting.

Just practise and then more practise, spend time doing quick missions and then gradually making the options harder. You'll get there !

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    use time compression to your advantage, and fly against the big bombers first, like a friendly Pe8. Once you're able to accurately hit that, move on to smaller targets. When you feel confident with your accuracy, then try it agianst enemy bombers shooting back at you, and gradually move down to fighters...

Udidtoo's Avatar Senior Member
    Start out with something that gives a nice steady ride like the Hurri.

Go into the Qmb and set yourself as lone plane in No. 1 flight.

Set up 1 or more big slow bombers in the next friendly flight slots. doesn't matter which ones as they will not return fire, just say mean things about you and your family,lol

Some will say set unlimeted ammo but I think this gives you to much incentive to develope bad habits such as spray and pray.

Practice coming in from all different angles and speeds.

Save your traks and review them in slow mo. Also from the targets view. In short order you should begin to develope an idea of where your bullets are going.

Practice practice practice........good hunting

P.S. make sure your convergence distance is set to somrthing like 250 or 275 anything more and the 303's are like bb's

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

Hit them repeatedly with your bullets?

UncleVanya2001's Avatar Banned
    I was just about to say: Hit him repeatedly with bullets? But thunderbolt beat me to it!

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Use the QMB (quick mission) and try a few planes (I suggest you practice in a Bf 109 or a La-5 to start). Don't give yourself wingmen yet. Now setup a bunch of C-47's or Ju-55's and practice targeting against them. The C-47's have no armament and the Ju-55's have only a small number of turrets to defend with. This is where you should learn how to use the reticle for aiming, learn the proper distances to open fire at and consistently score hits, and watch how cannons and machine guns will drop after a few hundred meters (they don't travel in a straight line forever).

Then move onto rookie fighters and work your way up. Average WWII fighter pilots generally scored 5% hit accuracy...so don't be ashamed to miss alot.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Practice, practice, practice. I am new to online as well, I started about a week and a half ago and already I am starting to see imporvment on my part. I still have trouble shaking a bandit but with due time I will get better. I couldn't hit any aircraft if he let me, but after enough practice I am getting better and better. So keep on it and don't give up. ~S~

"We went like this, He went like that, I said to Hollywood 'Where'd he go?', Hollywood said, 'Where'd WHO go'-TOPGUN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UncleVanya2001:
    I was just about to say: Hit him repeatedly with bullets? But thunderbolt beat me to it!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...I was just goofing. The bottom line is...Practice.