AI pilots now strafe crashlanded planes EVEN when the pilots already bailed out!

Was looking over a rerun of a battle and noticed a 190 crashland. the pilot jumped out and ran. I was watching to see if the plane would vanish as is the norm, but then my AI P39 wingmen (2 of them) attacked the pilotless plane until it was destroyed!

Oleg`s way around the vanishing plane thing? Either way, it`s a great idea and more realistic!

I`ve flown FB a long time and this has never happened before.

I can put up a screenie if you want.

SeaFireLIV...

Yea.

AI pilots now strafe crashlanded planes EVEN when the pilots already bailed out!

Was looking over a rerun of a battle and noticed a 190 crashland. the pilot jumped out and ran. I was watching to see if the plane would vanish as is the norm, but then my AI P39 wingmen (2 of them) attacked the pilotless plane until it was destroyed!

Oleg`s way around the vanishing plane thing? Either way, it`s a great idea and more realistic!

I`ve flown FB a long time and this has never happened before.

I can put up a screenie if you want.

SeaFireLIV...

Yea.

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd love to see a screenie! Please, show me!

Boosher

Willey's Avatar Senior Member
    I hate those ******* vulchers

Vote from me for screenies too ! Even a picture drawing will do .

Oh, and I had a much better experience with 2.04 AI last night too, no dumb moves, so hopefully things continue to get better.

Here lands the stricken 190...

pilot bails- runs FAR from aircraft.
    Now at this point enemy AI planes would just forget any crashlanded aircraft because the pilots left. But not with 2.04...

But what`s this?

AI p39s strafing the empty plane!

2 of them smoke it pretty bad, but its not enough for the AI vulchers!

They come back and shoot till it explodes!

So there you go, another nice touch. The good stuff is there if people look.

Sorry, no extra artwork yet but will be updating my site soon (about a week ).

Dunkelgrun's Avatar Senior Member
    Seafire, what was the scenario? Every mission I've flown since 2.04 the AI leave 'dead' planes well alone.

Were they your AI? Was it you crashed, was it online coop etc etc?

Cheers!

www.nightbomber.com

Dunkelgrun aka 242Sqn_Cat

LOL, SeaFire ! Get your flak-jacket out. The 'Wurger'-ites will never forgive you for showing screenies of their bird in a, shall we say "undignified position", as you have just shown.

@Dunkelgrun

I was flying Leningrad campaign (second part in the Winter) OFFline in the P39, I was number 3 I think.
    This was a lucky mission cos in nearly everyone I have found the P39 hard to survive in... I might be flying it wrongly.

The 190s were obviously the enemy, so the 190 pilot that bailed was AI.

DGEN settings Campaign AI, etc set to high with IL2 Stab (great little program cos it let`s you write a diary).

The DGEN Campaign was not modified or changed at all, so I don`t understand why the differences with your 2.04 and mine....

Some possible reasons could be:

1. The engine was still running after the pilot bailed (but they carried on attacking when the plane was burning up - unlikely).

2. Perhaps the sim showed the pilot graphically running out, but he was really still there (very unlikely)

3. a quirk of FB 2.04, that even Oleg didn`t expect?

4. Ah... another thought. It could be a proximity thing. If they are real close they attack, if not they ignore it.

Another one! Perhaps the AI is based upon threat assessment too. Other FLYING enemy planes around and they don`t bother with crash landed ones....

I just really don`t know. All I can say is what I saw happen and I`ve posted it here for all to see.

[This message was edited by SeaFireLIV on Wed July 28 2004 at 09:31 AM.]

Hehe I am a relative newbie to this game, I had this happen to me on the Finnish Gladiator campaign