ACS graphical leap?

So,what can we expedt from ACS graphically?
    Ac1 and Ac2 were really similar in terms of graphics.I don't know about Ac3-Ac4-Acro,as i played Ac4 on ps4 and i didn't touch rogue.But,i believe that the leap between Acb,ACr and Ac2 was quite big.
    So,obviously,Acu is a really beatiful game,but sometimes it felt a little blurry.I hope they fix his up

Originally Posted by dimbismp Go to original post
    So,what can we expedt from ACS graphically?
    Ac1 and Ac2 were really similar in terms of graphics.I don't know about Ac3-Ac4-Acro,as i played Ac4 on ps4 and i didn't touch rogue.But,i believe that the leap between Acb,ACr and Ac2 was quite big.
    So,obviously,Acu is a really beatiful game,but sometimes it felt a little blurry.I hope they fix his up
    Graphics, close-up details and the reflections already surpasses Unity. Just look:

Man,this is no way in game graphics.
    At the best case scenario,it is in engine graphics,but probably cgi

The general rule of thumb with New Consoles is that they get more confident with the systems in terms of potentials with each new iteration, what can and can't be done. AC3 in late-console cycle is a gigantic leap over AC1-ACRevelations and remains the summit of the Ps3/X360 era.

In any case, UNITY was a fairly unambitious game. it was a game intended to be a casual, newbie, shallow experience. Unity's PARIS is a flat area, no atmosphere, in other words Paris In Name Only, in essence. It doesn't have the diverse weather systems that the real city possesses. It's essentially a random content-generating sandbox with no depth and imagination. It did introduce vast crowds (with no variation in interaction), 1:1 structures and interiors. Those I imagine will be taken forward in VICTORY and it will be using the same engine as UNITY.

VICTORY/SYNDICATE, based on the clip we see, with the rains and foreboding music, will probably be more aestheticized than UNITY. Victorian London is generally a pretty aestheticized era and it has a rich history in video games, informing practically every gothic, fantasy-steampunk setting (THIEF, DISHONORED, ARKHAM ASYLUM), so they have an established visual reference guide of things to do and cliches to avoid. I imagine that they are using the same engine.

One thing that might be totally new in VICTORY (or SYNDICATE) is that a screenshot showed street-lighting, so we might have missions done in night, in cover of darkness and that might bring for the first time a light-meter to the franchise.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    i think it will be better for sure, I have no doubt, but not an AMAZING leap.

The only reason is due to the crowds, I doubt they will have such ridiculous crowd sizes in London.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    i think it will be better for sure, I have no doubt, but not an AMAZING leap.

The only reason is due to the crowds, I doubt they will have such ridiculous crowd sizes in London.
    Well they should, London towards the end of the 19th Century was crowded and overpopulated. In general 19th Century cities was an age of population rise in Europe. If the games are set in the East End and are anywhere close to trying to be accurate, you are looking at some of the worst slums in recorded history (read Alan Moore's FROM HELL) almost Third World living conditions and overpopulated streets.

That's basically the big danger with going forward, increase of foot traffic. Paris was of course highly populated during the French Revolution with nearly a million people residing there. London easily exceeded that by the Victorian Era.

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Defalt221 Go to original post
    Graphics, close-up details and the reflections already surpasses Unity. Just look:
    ]
    Dude, that is 100% CGI. Its just a promotional gif, They may use in game assets for the teaser but honestly there is no point judging the graphics of this game based on that animation as its clearly CGI.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    Well they should, London towards the end of the 19th Century was crowded and overpopulated. In general 19th Century cities was an age of population rise in Europe. If the games are set in the East End and are anywhere close to trying to be accurate, you are looking at some of the worst slums in recorded history (read Alan Moore's FROM HELL) almost Third World living conditions and overpopulated streets.

That's basically the big danger with going forward, increase of foot traffic. Paris was of course highly populated during the French Revolution with nearly a million people residing there. London easily exceeded that by the Victorian Era.
    I just don't see how the roads would compensate, especially now as it seems like we will have horses taking up the road with carriages now. It means that empty street space is now filled with something other than people.

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    ^ I imagine the back alleys and smaller streets will be filled with the homeless etc but the main streets will be less popular with more horse and carriages etc. I hope its less populated than France anyway as the crowd just got in the way too much.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    The general rule of thumb with New Consoles is that they get more confident with the systems in terms of potentials with each new iteration, what can and can't be done. AC3 in late-console cycle is a gigantic leap over AC1-ACRevelations and remains the summit of the Ps3/X360 era.

In any case, UNITY was a fairly unambitious game. it was a game intended to be a casual, newbie, shallow experience. Unity's PARIS is a flat area, no atmosphere, in other words Paris In Name Only, in essence. It doesn't have the diverse weather systems that the real city possesses. It's essentially a random content-generating sandbox with no depth and imagination. It did introduce vast crowds (with no variation in interaction), 1:1 structures and interiors. Those I imagine will be taken forward in VICTORY and it will be using the same engine as UNITY.

VICTORY/SYNDICATE, based on the clip we see, with the rains and foreboding music, will probably be more aestheticized than UNITY. Victorian London is generally a pretty aestheticized era and it has a rich history in video games, informing practically every gothic, fantasy-steampunk setting (THIEF, DISHONORED, ARKHAM ASYLUM), so they have an established visual reference guide of things to do and cliches to avoid. I imagine that they are using the same engine.

One thing that might be totally new in VICTORY (or SYNDICATE) is that a screenshot showed street-lighting, so we might have missions done in night, in cover of darkness and that might bring for the first time a light-meter to the franchise.
    Ain't AC3 that game where they simplified the controls to the max, made almost every action as automatic as possible, went to the trouble of adding a slow motion moment after counterattacking, made every mission as linear as possible with very obvious signs of what you need to do, spread shiny icons all over the map to make sure you knew exactly what side activity you can to do, and the game starts with a 5 hour long tutorial and even after changing to Connor we still have occasional intrusive tutorial.
    That sounds like the definition of casual and newbie friendly to me.