LurifaxB's Avatar MMDoC Legend

LurifaxB's new ToR decks

I haven't seen many posts about new decks, so I decided to post the decks I have created and played here - that haven't been already posted. Some a very good, others are decent, but all are fun to play (no stall decks!). Some of them can be made better with tweaks, and I hope to get a discussion out of this.

Just a note, I am not designing any of these decks to do well vs. stall. Reason being I just quit when I see them. I don't care about ladder or rank and since there are no tournaments, I play for fun - and playing with or against stall decks dispels all fun for me.

The decks are in no way ranked in power level and I don't claim these to be the best decks out there - for instance I didn't post a Siegfried, Kal and a Phrias deck which I think is really powerful currently - and stall decks are as well, unfortunately...

NEW 10-05-15
    Charity Retaliation

The new Haven units work really well with retaliation mechanics. In fact they work so well, this mechanic may be stronger than Light buffing. It does require some key cards though. But so far I have had much success with it - although I didn't test it that much (not playing that much lately)

Spoiler:  Show

Hero (4/3/1)
    1x Charity, Imperial Commander

Events (8)
    4x Path of the Ancestors
    3x Rise of the Nethermancer
    1x Cosmic Balance

Creatures (38)
    3x Tithe Collector
    1x Moon Phoenix
    2x Holy Praetorian
    4x Wolf Guard
    4x Griffin Crossbowman
    4x Griffin Legionnaire
    3x Wolf Priest
    4x Griffin Captain
    3x Falcon Holy Priest
    1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
    1x Angel Protector
    1x Cleansing Priestess
    2x Blind Justicar
    3x Wolf Justicar
    1x Warding Inquisitor
    1x Damran, Chosen of the Thorns

Spells (8)
    4x Insect Swarm
    2x Landslide
    2x Blinding Light

Buildings (4)
    4x Barracks

NEW 12-05-15
    Kiril Dark Fire Rush

This deck is very basic. Rush out your creatures with Kiril ability and get board advantage. The new creatures make it more efficient. It seems to be able to deal with most rush decks. Haven't met a stall deck yet, . Some optimization can be made. I am still testing which creatures work best and considering adding another free mage altar.

Hero (5/2/0)
    1x Kiril

Events (8)
    2x Rise of the Nethermancer
    4x Week of the Mercenaries
    2x Week of the Elder Races

Creatures (42)
    4x Maniac
    1x Moon Phoenix
    4x Hellfire Imp
    4x Lurker in the Dark
    4x Hatching Breeder
    3x Tormentor
    2x Darkflame Fanatic
    2x Ur-Jubaal's Minion
    4x Shadow Lilim
    1x Hasafah, Chosen of the Shadows
    2x Pit Fiend
    3x Blazing Succubus
    1x Chaos Sorceress
    4x Hellfire Maniac
    2x Abyssal Lilim
    1x Hikyu, Chosen of the Flames

Spells (6)
    3x Fire Bolt
    3x Forked Firebolt

Buildings (2)
    2x Free Mage Altar

Acamas: Ambush

Works really well against stacks and has the possibility to buff creatures to high damage. Does decent against other decks. Fun to play. Put an ambush creature in front of a barracks and see opponent weep. Air creatures gets buffed with Harpy Shaman (including shredders) to get some (quick) damage through. Also you get a lot of swift with creatures and harpys with Mother harpy down.
    Edit: After testing a bit more, I like the original 5(6)/1/4 build better. You really miss having more T1-2 creatures. The deck has too many T4 creatures. Also you miss the shredder/might of the tribe combo. The new ambush creatures are good, however, especially the Sahaar Hunter against the many stacking decks. I would include this in most stronghold.

Hero (4/1/4)
    1x Acamas, Champion of the Bloodhorn

Events (8)
    1x Cosmic Balance

Creatures (38)
    4x Goblin Scout
    4x Ranaar Harpy
    4x Goblin Mentor
    4x Stormrage Hunter
    4x Centaur Archer
    4x Sahaar Hunter
    4x Blackskull Shredder
    2x Sahaar Marauder
    2x Guerilla Master
    2x Bloodsnake Shaman
    2x Harpy Shaman
    1x Zefiria, Windchaser
    1x Mother Harpy

Fortunes (12)
    3x Sacrificial Altar
    2x Broken Bridge
    4x Campfire
    2x Surprise Attack
    1x Altar of Asha

Santuary Akane: - Prime does wonders to Santuary!

This deck is surprisingly good. I saw Cucu playing with a version on stream, but with might 5. I decided to build my own and found it very good indeed. While there are some really good 5 might creatures, I find that they die rather quickly to removals since I don't want to play protective events, thus I decided to stop at 4, where you also get really good creatures, and go for 6 magic faster with 3 time jumps.
    It may not look like much, but it has good creatures, combos, removal spells, time jumps, ultility and a great hero ability - don't ever be afraid of blinding light or enthrall.

Hero (4/6/0)
    1x Akane, Mourner of Lost Memories

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge
    1x Cosmic Balance

Creatures (35)
    1x Moon Phoenix
    4x Spring Spirit
    2x Kabuki Sentry
    1x Blessed Lake Spirit
    4x Fountain Spirit
    4x Coral Priestess
    2x Kirin
    4x Kabuki Seductress
    4x Kappa Shoya
    2x Shanriya Priestess
    2x Shark Bodyguard
    1x Raya, Sibilant Seductress
    1x Zefiria, Chosen of the Winds
    2x Shogun
    1x Ariana, Chosen of the Void

Spells (14)
    1x Town Portal
    4x Storm Rage
    1x Chain Lightning
    4x Lightning Bolt
    1x Father Sky's Wrath
    3x Time Jump

Buildings (1)
    1x Torii of the Eternal Empress

Tanaka: Honor the Spirits:
    This deck has potential, but I haven't tested it through enough - I build it today. You can get really high damage output via honor coupled with the spirit buff fortune. Again fun to play and you can get wins out from left field. Even the weak silver bowl spirits become a threat. I actually do think this deck has potential vs. creature based decks.

Hero (4/1/3)
    1x Takana Osore, Champion of the Tides

Events (8)
    3x Day of the Sanctuary
    2x Rise of the Nethermancer
    2x Waning Moon
    1x Market of Wonders

Creatures (34)
    4x Silver Bowl Spirit
    4x Spring Spirit
    4x Fountain Spirit
    4x Coral Priestess
    3x Honor Bound Kami
    4x Dousing Kappa
    1x Raya, Chosen of the Waves
    1x Wanizame
    4x Kappa Shoya
    2x Naga Warrior
    2x Kabuki Tei

Fortunes (14)
    2x Broken Bridge
    4x Campfire
    3x Honor Binds Us
    1x Dark Lotus Pond
    4x Frozen Fists

Buildings (2)
    2x Hidden Dojo

Fleshbane: Vampires
    The deck does really well against some matchups, auto lose vs most stall decks. Not great, but fun at least. There is high draw potential with grave warden and Fleshbane's ability and high heal / combo potential with death lords - especially when used with sacred venom fumes

Hero (4/1/4)
    1x Fleshbane, Champion of the Misshapen

Events (8)
    4x Path of the Ancestors
    3x Market of Shadows
    1x Cosmic Balance

Creatures (34)
    4x Newborn Vampire
    4x Neophyte Lich
    4x Moonsilk Skeleton
    4x Vampire Knight
    2x Blood Ritualist
    2x Eternal Disciple
    2x Vampire Connoisseur
    3x Grave Warden
    4x Spider Guard
    1x Atropos, Weaver of the Dead
    4x Death Lord

Spells (4)
    4x Cheap Death

Fortunes (7)
    4x Sacred Venom Fumes
    1x Altar of Asha
    1x Seria's Legion
    1x Army of the Dead

Buildings (5)
    3x Vampire Ritual Altar
    2x Boneyard

Sveltana: Incoporeal Madness

Wins vs most stronghold and good vs haven stacks. Good late game. I used this to get the achievement I never really got around to doing. This deck can win fairly well.

Hero (4/5/1)
    1x Sveltana, Hierophant of the Spider Queen

Events (8)
    3x Day of the Sanctuary
    2x Market of Shadows
    3x Week of the Mercenaries

Creatures (35)
    4x Ancient Ghost
    1x Moon Phoenix
    4x Lingering Ghost
    4x Neophyte Lich
    3x Moonsilk Skeleton
    4x Vampire Knight
    4x Untamed Wraith
    1x Hasafah, Chosen of the Shadows
    4x Vengeful Spectre
    1x Atropos, Weaver of the Dead
    4x The Banshee

Spells (13)
    4x Storm Rage
    3x Alone in the Dark
    1x Chain Lightning
    4x Soulreaver
    1x Father Sky's Wrath

Buildings (2)
    2x Boneyard

Shalaan: I spy Bouncy Spirits
    l happened to get some of the new sanctuary creatures. They work really well. Together with older spies you can reuse your fortunes - cheaper! Dousing kappa is a great card here as well. Bounce it back and deal damage. You can even use events waning moon to get them back.

Hero (4/1/3)
    1x Shalan, Voice of the Lotus

Events (8)
    4x Time of War
    2x Market of Shadows
    2x Waning Moon

Creatures (37)
    2x Silver Bowl Spirit
    4x Kabuki Sentry
    4x Fountain Spirit
    2x Ushio Naga
    4x Coral Priestess
    4x Kabuki Seductress
    2x Kabuki Infiltrator
    4x Dousing Kappa
    3x Shinobi Thief
    3x Kappa Shoya
    3x Kabuki Propagandist

Fortunes (13)
    3x Sinkhole
    1x Underwater Fortress
    1x The Frozen Maze
    2x Broken Bridge
    4x Truce
    1x Honor Binds Us
    1x Dark Lotus Pond

Ishuma: Creatures.

Not particular original, but I don't see this being posted somewhere else. Basically it is all creatures...

Hero (5/1/1)
    1x Ishuma, Lord of Dragons

Events (8)
    1x Market of Shadows

Creatures (50)
    4x Shark Guard
    4x Spring Spirit
    4x Kabuki Sentry
    4x Fountain Spirit
    1x Ushio Naga
    4x Coral Priestess
    4x Snow Maiden
    2x Kirin
    3x Shinje Warrior
    4x Kabuki Seductress
    4x Kappa Shoya
    2x Shark Bodyguard
    4x Pearl Priestess
    4x Greater Kirin

Jezziel: Resurrection - no stacking in Haven!

A really late game deck. But very strong if you get the combos going. Idea is to discard your biggies by using Jezziels ability and ressurrect with Sunrise. Late game you will be really powerful thanks to buffed light creatures. I made some small changes it since I posted it in another thread.

Hero (5/6/0)
    1x Jezziel, Invoker of Hope

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge
    4x Path of the Ancestors

Creatures (37)
    1x Moon Phoenix
    3x Holy Praetorian
    3x Elite Squire
    4x Lesser Glory
    4x Griffin Battle Priest
    4x Wolf Priest
    1x Warrior Seraph
    1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
    1x Angel Protector
    4x Blessing Inquisitor
    1x Cleansing Priestess
    2x Blazing Glory
    2x Warding Inquisitor
    1x Anael, Chosen of the Light
    3x Celestial
    1x Ariana, Chosen of the Void

Spells (13)
    3x Storm Rage
    2x Holy Light
    1x Word of Light
    2x Blinding Light
    3x Sunrise
    2x Time Jump

Saving the best for last - at least in power level. I think this deck is overlooked. It is really powerful due to the buffed necro creatures and the addition of wretched ghoul. Discard these with ability and get them back in hand. It is basically an updated version of what I played last expansion, but it is just much stronger.

Mother 2/6/0 rush

Hero (2/6/0)
    1x Mother Namtaru, Invoker of Death

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge
    4x The Great Hunt

Creatures (24)
    4x Wretched Ghoul
    4x Lingering Ghost
    4x Neophyte Lich
    4x Moonsilk Skeleton
    4x Sahaar Mummy
    4x Scavenger Ratkin

Spells (26)
    2x Cheap Death
    1x Focused Mind
    1x Ice Spear
    4x Geyser
    3x Town Portal
    3x Alone in the Dark
    2x Icy Weapon
    4x Soulreaver
    4x Time Jump
    2x Ice Meteor

I do play other decks like Siegfried and Phrias stacks with some modifications to what is posted here, but the idea is the same, so I don't see a reason to post these as well.

Hi LurifaxB! Nice decks ^^. You can create spoiler section by writing [ Spoiler ] and [/ Spoiler]. ^^

Great, thank you. I have updated my post with spoilers. Gives a much better overview. Didn't even know I posted that many decks

If you are looking for strong decks I recommend looking at these first: Sanctuary Akane, Mother Namtaru, Jezziel and stronghold Acamas or a Shaar build (which I didn't include, but can).

I also played around with an Ariana poison build after request on stream. I seemed pretty good actually. Maybe favoured vs Haven stacks.

Thanks for sharing your decks

I would like to try your Mother Namtaru Invoker's deck but I'm lacking 2 Sahaar Mummy. I was thinking that I should either play 4 of them or none (otherwise, their ability becomes weaker, doesn't it?). I was looking for other T2 as replacement but nothing stands out (surely not those defensive creatures, right?). What do you think? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Originally Posted by Mernix Go to original post

I would like to try your Mother Namtaru Invoker's deck but I'm lacking 2 Sahaar Mummy. I was thinking that I should either play 4 of them or none (otherwise, their ability becomes weaker, doesn't it?). I was looking for other T2 as replacement but nothing stands out (surely not those defensive creatures, right?). What do you think? Thanks in advance for your opinion.
    4 is ideal but I don't think there's anything wrong with just 2, instead of not playing them at all. You can sub them with more T1 creatues (Newborn vampire, Skeleton Spearman). I played a very similar version to what LurifaxB posted but with more creatures, less spells (more 1 drops since I like to use Namtaru's ability as early as turn 2). Mother is strong, can maintain around 70% win rate in 1700 elo range. It can outrush most decks but would still struggle against Dhamiria and sometimes matchup against Siegfried all depends on whether Path of Ancestor flips up at a crucial time or whether your opponent draws a Cassandra's Imperial Devotion.

@LurifaxB: About Acamas Ambush, have you considered Cowardly Gnolls? I tried 2-3 of them in Shaar and they are not bad. May need some more testing since thus far their drawback has not backfired on me yet. In theory they also fit well with Acamas' curve and combo well with Surprise Attack.

Originally Posted by Mernix Go to original post

I would recommend that you use the 2 you have. 2 is better than none. I think you need to look at the 1 cost creatures as Freelhc suggests. New born vampire are good for early aggression.

Originally Posted by freelhc Go to original post
    4 is ideal but I don't think there's anything wrong with just 2, instead of not playing them at all. You can sub them with more T1 creatues (Newborn vampire, Skeleton Spearman). I played a very similar version to what LurifaxB posted but with more creatures, less spells (more 1 drops since I like to use Namtaru's ability as early as turn 2). Mother is strong, can maintain around 70% win rate in 1700 elo range. It can outrush most decks but would still struggle against Dhamiria and sometimes matchup against Siegfried all depends on whether Path of Ancestor flips up at a crucial time or whether your opponent draws a Cassandra's Imperial Devotion.

@LurifaxB: About Acamas Ambush, have you considered Cowardly Gnolls? I tried 2-3 of them in Shaar and they are not bad. May need some more testing since thus far their drawback has not backfired on me yet. In theory they also fit well with Acamas' curve and combo well with Surprise Attack.
    I did consider them actually. I think they may work well in Acamas. I just could make room for them as I had 4x Centaur Archer and 4x Sahaar Hunter. But seriously, if you could remove some 4 cost creatures, I think they could a good addition. Only problem is the 5 health, which is AW fodder - but so are my other 3 cost creatures. I think I would use them in a regular Acamas deck I build - with less focus on Ambush.

freelhc, LurifaxB, thanks for your advice and suggestion.

Added new retaliation Charity deck.

Hah. Been looking to make akane deck since I saw he was included. Unfortunately I don't have him and am too low on wild cards at the moment. I think time jump in sanctuary is going to be insane though. Great stats and ability too. I reckon a variation of this deck will be top sanc deck over shalan bounce but that's just a feeling.

Been playing a jezziel late game that's surprisingly similar to yours. Very strong deck. Not quite as good as sieg maybe but its nice to play a non stack deck. Love the acamas deck. Again something I wanted to try but lacking a few cards.

I think this is going to be a varied meta. Just hoping stall doesn't end up too powerful now and ruin everyone's fun.