Unity Customization

Ubisoft took a huge leap with the customization in Unity, but after a while, I and many of my friends focused less on cosmetics and more on stats. When the perfect armor stats were also the worst aesthetics, we all looked to outfits as our savior. However, there are very few of them to choose from, and they get boring quickly. To solve this problem, I think Ubisoft should add a custom outfit menu. Players can equip any article of clothing they own without changing the stats of their gear. For example, with this system, you can possess all the stats of Legendary Medieval gear with the looks of Arno's Original outfit. Of course, the colors would also shift from actual armor to the custom outfit menu. It would be fantastic is Ubisoft added this in a patch or DLC for Unity, or even Victory. I know this thread will probably never be seen by Ubisoft, much less taken into account and incorporated into a game, but I would be overjoyed if my idea came to life.

Also, we need the Charles Dorian outfit.

UbiVolfbane's Avatar Community Manager
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I will pass this along to the team.

I will add yes our own color chooser would be good. Would have really liked having a red and black choice in Unity and not just all black. Also the following... choice of hood up or down, choice of mask or no mask, feather or no feather. Basically these super specialty things should be a choice. One of the coolest hoods was the Musketeer one... the feather, not so appealing. Thanks.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Honestly they should just keep the customization purely cosmetic but have as many clothing options as Unity did. Playing dress-up, I'm not afraid to admit, was great and I loved all the individual pieces of gear and custom colour schemes. Customization should keep this level of depth in terms of how many aesthetic options you have allowing us to create our perfect assassin look. However, mulling over stats in menus (and skill points but that's OT) is boring and mundane. Not to mention the stats on some of the gear are really silly and game-y, like pants that make you quieter and hoods that increase Eagle Vision. It just didn't fit or work very well IMO.

So, my suggestion would be to keep the amount of cosmetic options Unity had but remove stats from pieces of gear. It takes the fun out of choosing your look. Note that I'm not talking about meaningful stats on weapons here, that worked very well and made sense IMO - the fact that some weapons will be more effective than others is obvious and makes more sense that Super Speed Quiet Pants.

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    I think they should remove customization completely and just add a lot more legacy outfits (Haytham, Adewale, Arno's novice, tailored, and master assassin robes, Ezio AC2-ACR robes, etc.) Hell, they should even add Charles Dorian's outfit and Shay's Versailles outfit

I will agree with allowing more legacy outfits would be nice... I was just thinking today looking at Ezio's early outfit would have been cool to have... the non-master version, shorter... black and red or the white and red. Still want more customization, but some of the best outfits are legacy and we have no access to them.

Originally Posted by Altair1789 Go to original post
    I think they should remove customization completely and just add a lot more legacy outfits (Haytham, Adewale, Arno's novice, tailored, and master assassin robes, Ezio AC2-ACR robes, etc.) Hell, they should even add Charles Dorian's outfit and Shay's Versailles outfit
    Where's the fun in that? Having set outfits instead of the freedom to choose is too limited. Legacy outfits are cool, but tbh they're a bit pointless since they don't fit the ancestor - it just feels weird wearing them and doesn't blend with the time period. I understand the stats might be annoying, but if they were to remove that how is there anything negative about having the option to choose your own outfit?

It would be pretty cool though if the legacy outfits weren't just outfits, but were actual character skins. Ezio's Brotherhood robes aren't complete without that awesome beard.

Anyway, I agree. Stats should be separate from the clothing. It doesn't really bother me since I don't really care too much for the perks they provide, but I definitely understand how this annoys others. Also, yes to Ezio's robes from AC2 being added. They were beautiful.

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Where's the fun in that? Having set outfits instead of the freedom to choose is too limited. Legacy outfits are cool, but tbh they're a bit pointless since they don't fit the ancestor - it just feels weird wearing them and doesn't blend with the time period. I understand the stats might be annoying, but if they were to remove that how is there anything negative about having the option to choose your own outfit?
    Honestly I can't entirely put to words my hate for customization. Here's what I have so far:

1. The outfits look ugly
    2. It seems like they're making the main outfit less detailed and kinda simple-looking
    3. It sorta ruins the feeling of the game. I don't like having to equip unfitting pieces of armor or wear an out of place legacy outfit because I hate being detected in 1 second

Overall it just feels weird, which is a bad reason to want the complete removal of a widely liked addition in the series, so if they removed stats I'd ignore customization. By the looks of Victory, #2 probably won't be a problem if there's customization, which might be replaced by the alleged new social stealth mechanics. I still sorta have this idea in my head that they'll use Liberation's outfit mechanic

Originally Posted by Altair1789 Go to original post
    Honestly I can't entirely put to words my hate for customization. Here's what I have so far:

1. The outfits look ugly
    2. It seems like they're making the main outfit less detailed and kinda simple-looking
    3. It sorta ruins the feeling of the game. I don't like having to equip unfitting pieces of armor or wear an out of place legacy outfit because I hate being detected in 1 second

Overall it just feels weird, which is a bad reason to want the complete removal of a widely liked addition in the series, so if they removed stats I'd ignore customization. By the looks of Victory, #2 probably won't be a problem if there's customization, which might be replaced by the alleged new social stealth mechanics. I still sorta have this idea in my head that they'll use Liberation's outfit mechanic
    1. Entirely subjective but point taken. But who's to say the outfits won't be to your taste in all the games?

2. Why would that be because of customization being there? Anyway, Arno's default outfit is great because of it's subtlety IMO, he blends into the time period somewhat (so long as the devs insist on 'iconic' robes this will never happen completely) because it's not overly flashy. I found that Ezio's and Connor's outfits were far too conspicuous and pronounced.

3. Which is why I'm suggestion the removal of stats but the retainment of a breadth of cosmetic options.