Could we've been seeing each character through our Assassin's perspective in each AC?

This idea originated from a book I read that existed parallel to another book. in the end the author explains that differences in conversation and detail is because the narrators from each book remembered things differently from one another. this made me think of the animus which runs off memory. I mean memory cant be completely accurate right? ideals or prejudices could affect or even change memory couldn't it? I have been recently going through things in my head like why the Templar branch in AC 2- B was so demonized and evil. or why Charles lee gave that racial slur in front of Connor when he had been so polite and calm in the beginning.

I think I have now come to a conclusion.

think back to AC 1. Al mualim is always lecturing altiar and giving him wisdom throughout the game. his advice always seems vague but begins to make sense as we progress through the story. al mualim is like a father figure to altiar projecting his opinions and ideals onto him. This could explain why altiar never saw all of the Templars as downright evil doers or sociopaths. but that didn't stop him from disagreeing with his targets. this is because Al Mualim may have intentionally swayed him this way so altiar would be more accepting of himself by the end game.

AC 2. Ezio is a young man and views his fathers friend as a seemingly jolly and happy man until that the man betrays his family and then turns into a figure of evil and revenge for Ezio. Ezio then projects this image onto every Templar. this would explain why we never hear anyone try to humanize the Templars in the game or in brotherhood. ezio is too consumed by revenge to listen. only when the revenge is finished with in AC R does ezio stop view Templars as evil monsters.

AC 3 begins with Haytham joining together the Templars who all seem like nice and trustworthy people, especially Charles who is the most loyal to Haytham. then we see Connor waking up to soon see his village in flames. this may be why he remembers lee being so hostile and rude. Connor though unlike ezio has sane people to pull him out of his original quest for revenge. possibly through Achilles teachings of the events in Rouge Connor understands the Templars almost as Altiar did.

AC 4 Edward has a equal opinion of both assassins and Templars at the time. he probably gave us one of the most unbiased look at both sides. eventually taking sides with the assassins..

before I go any further post your current thoughts and ideas please(:

Markaccus's Avatar Senior Member
    You could have something here. Certainly the perspective of what is happening will be directly affected by the persons memorys we are reliving. In fact, i dont even think i could add to what you already said.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    We have discussed here similar theories in the past.

It's possible, not sure if the producers had that in mind.

Originally Posted by ze_topazio Go to original post
    We have discussed here similar theories in the past.

It's possible, not sure if the producers had that in mind.
    could you give me a link?

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    M bought this up once about Ezio.

It makes 100% sense and this is true. Memories are always someones perspective of the event, in this case, it is always our Assassin (or Templar) in Shays case. And also who is to say the memories dont get even more inaccurate with time? I doubt any assassin would have 100% correct recollection of any event, especially as they get older.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    We are reliving genetic memories, past actions. Not what they think but what they did.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Hans684 Go to original post
    We are reliving genetic memories, past actions. Not what they think but what they did.
    That makes no sense. No one said we were reliving what they think. Genetic Memories are still memories, imprinted on genes. Memories can change with time. For example, I know i ordered a pizza last week, but what toppings? Say IRL i got chicken and pepperoni, but i THOUGHT I had chicken and bacon, then the relived memory would be of chicken and bacon.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    Memories can change with time.
    True.

For example, I know i ordered a pizza last week, but what toppings? Say IRL i got chicken and pepperoni, but i THOUGHT I had chicken and bacon, then the relived memory would be of chicken and bacon.
    Fair enough.

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    That's an interesting theory. By the way, what were the books you read that inspired this theory?

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    I hope not. Because then the Animus would lose its single biggest usp: Showing history the way it really happened, free of all biases (recall what William Miles said in the AC3 intro) and instead becomes history as remembered by an old fart bundled up with all his bias and judgements!