VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member

Strongest editor has 50 builders, Minecraft's 8 bit experience has millions....

Isn't this odd? I'm aware it's a different type of strategy...but as far as creating something with decent visuals...wouldn't Fusion be a much better engine to build with?

What could be implemented to make the editor more social and lend itself to the Minecraft type of community?

This may be a bad comparison, though if I wanted to create a castle, etc...wtf would use Minecraft? To dodge a few monsters in the process...seems pointless.

I've never played minecraft I'm a bit confused on what the goal of the game is? Yeah I also really wish there where more builders in the community. 360 has a ton of great builders but it seems like a lot of them stopped building or went to next gen

TeriXeri's Avatar Senior Member
    There's like a video channel I came accross the other day of a guy that makes Trials tracks that are more of a story then gameplay.

And before saying things like "this isn't the point of Trials fusion, what kind of driveline/camera angle is that??" the guy seems to put a lot of effort in his decoration

Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N6dNYRVkOJ55mu

One of the videos:

funktastic-'s Avatar Banned
    My 2 youngest daughters drive me crazy by using my you tube channel to watch amylee and salemslady on minecraft. I go on it and they have subscribed to minecraft channels like these the buggers. I see the above is a similar thing to what they watch , he should put some captions or put voice overs on his you tube channel.

And honest it is my daughters who have subscribed to them hahaha , although i did use to play minecraft alittle OMG

Oh yaaa, all his Walking Dead builds look incredible, but the Driving Line totally sucks. They're essentially galleries.

Minecraft builds using 4 types of blocks: Full, Half, Stair, Fence
    Then there are many textures, pistons, doors, and the dreaded Redstone (Trials' coding portion). Any doofus can make something in Minecraft, but pieces need to be selected and placed nicely for Trials. My excuse is "If all people want is basic tracks and extremes, then why should I bother?"; but of course if we all thought that, nothing would improve :P.

There are some old tutorials from Evolution, but nothing in-game. Many players may not be aware of the Google Docs thread on the forum (or even the forum itself) and those 'Training' tracks some people make are just regular tracks with a somewhat incremental difficulty. The base-game tutorial tracks have signs showing and SinD (still don't know how to spell that) explaining what to do.

A tutorial that guided you as you built would be perfect but don't know how they'd implement that.

IImayneII's Avatar Senior Member
    Since you compare it to minecraft...

Minecraft is a sanbox game. While you can do alot with the trials editor, most people don't get into trials for the sandbox aspect of it. And firstly people need to learn how to play Trials, from what I can tell, you don't really need to learn anything in Minecraft to start playing it.

Minecraft seems more like a sandbox editor, while if you want to do those things in Trials you need a very good understanding of the editor itself before being able to do things like that. It is certainly not obvious and alot more logic based (harder to pull things off) with alot of trial and error. Plus people run their own servers for minecraft with their work.

Combine those facts with not even having proper basic editor tutorials for Fusion, certainly not for advanced skillgame type tracks. While I don't want to use this terminology, it is not something for "casuals"'. Most people are lazy and won't look up things on the internet for building things like that so for them it's easier to just say "meh" and don't bother with it. I also don't think Trials itself promotes these types of sandbox-tracks, it is not something in the base game (expect for some challenges) but purely fueled by the community, so most people don't even see the possibilities of the editor when just playing the base game.

And most people just play Trials for Trials, not -out of the box- skillgames. I just don't think there is enough demand for the time you have to put into it, but maybe I'm wrong because I'm on PC and only see what happens there. But at this point it doesn't even seem worth to build easier tracks because most people seem to only really bother spending time on playing extremes + ninja's. Top that off with the fact that new people don't even know what makes a good track and don't appreciate well-made easy tracks (seeing how easy they get downvoted). So why even bother.

While those walking dead tracks look very nicely decorated, there isn't a story. Or at least not how I would expect. Those tracks seem to have something potentially awesome, but at this point they look nothing more than a basic concept. I notice the environments are from the walking dead game but there really doesn't seem to be something on in those tracks to make them interesting. It's just drive around in the environment based off the game and that's it. From what I see the driving line isn't even good enough to enjoy doing a good run on them with all the turns so yeah...I would have expected some zombies at least, maybe a "quest" like addition to the track

TeriXeri's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by IImayneII Go to original post
    While those walking dead tracks look very nicely decorated, there isn't a story. Or at least not how I would expect. Those tracks seem to have something potentially awesome, but at this point they look nothing more than a basic concept. I notice the environments are from the walking dead game but there really doesn't seem to be something on in those tracks to make them interesting. It's just drive around in the environment based off the game and that's it. From what I see the driving line isn't even good enough to enjoy doing a good run on them with all the turns so yeah...I would have expected some zombies at least, maybe a "quest" like addition to the track
    Yeah story isn't the exact right word, but it's more focused on sandbox/showcasing his decoration/world then regular Trials at least.

It's just someone who came to mind when minecraft/sandbox was mentioned.

I don't know, I have played a lot of minecraft in my life, and I can say that this is a really decent game. Even though it has some truly bad graphics, it doesn't mean that it's a bad game. It's very interesting and has a lot of features. For example, recently I have found a lot of cool seeds on https://www.ethershock.net/best-minecraft-seeds/ . I couldn't even imagine how beautiful can minecraft be. I was really shocked when I have tried them. I think that millions of people love this game for a reason, not just like that.