Does anyone know if the Kirov can be sunk??

It's the Russian Light Cruiser Kirov...I have hit it with 2 Torpedoes and still nothing...Does anyone know what it takes to destroy this ship? What is the game damage model for this ship?

Thanks..

Does anyone know if the Kirov can be sunk??

It's the Russian Light Cruiser Kirov...I have hit it with 2 Torpedoes and still nothing...Does anyone know what it takes to destroy this ship? What is the game damage model for this ship?

Thanks..

I don't know how many torps it takes to sink, but it's more than 2. Probably like 6 or 8.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah probably 6 or 8 torpedoes required. One of the coastal defense ships, ever so slightly larger than a destroyer, can take somewhere between 4-6 hits from torpedoes. And thats from a sustained IL-2T torpedo strike.

RAF No 92 Squadron
    "Either fight or die"

My squadmate Zeus-cat is making a soon to be released IL-2T Campaign "Straight and True". He researched this question extensively. Here are his results:

Type 45-12 torpedoes needed to sink various vessels courtesy of Zeus-cat

Russian Torpedo Boat G-5 1 to sink
    Russian Hunter MO-4 2 to sink
    Russian Armored Boat BBK-1/1942 1 to sink

Russian Armored Boat BBK-1/1943 1 to sink
    Russian Destroyer Type 7 3 to sink
    Russian Destroyer Type 7/1944 3 to sink
    Russian 'Aurora' (Cruiser) 2-4 to sink
    Russian 'Marat' (Battleship) 4-6 to sink
    Russian 'Kirov' (Light Cruiser) 5 to sink
    Russian 'Tashkent' (Destroyer) 2 to sink
    Russian Trawler (Transport) 1 to sink
    Russian Dry Cargo Ship 2 to sink

Russian Liquid Cargo Carrier 4 to sink
    Russian Submarine 'Tshuka' 1 to sink
    Italian torpedo boat MAS 501 1 to sink
    German torpedo boat S-80 1 to sink
    German MFP Type I 1 to sink

German MFP Type II 1 to sink

Roman. "Amiral Murgesku" 2 to sink
    German M-boat 2 to sink
    German 'Niobe' (AA Cruiser) 3 to sink

German "Illmarine" (Coastal Defenceship) 6 to sink
    German "Vainamoinen" (Coastal Defence Ship) 5 to sink
    Tirpitz 10 to sink
    German Type IIB Submarine 1 to sink
    German Type VIIC Submarine 2 to sink
    Some of the larger ships have DMs that must take into account where the torpedo hits. He sank the Aurora with as few as 2 torpedos, but as many as 4. A lot of ships will burn before sinking. Number of hits to get ships to burn will vary.

HellHounds Virtual Air Wing

Stoke up a P-38 with 2 thousand pounders and skip bomb that punk. Hang a bunch of rockets on that 38 too an d let everything fly.

Virtus Junxit,
    Mors Non Separabit.
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAGcT2og50!y1f7NgYX4rH0SBKAJ0*TnOdC3*WtgnO6hGP KX5PiB5W62XzquB*!VrAP7Zdv0N0X0XoOghYlsdCNgJc9MWMJg aWb0iiKk/109g2%20small.jpg[/img]
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When all else fails, play dead.)
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADWAvYSnGZaJjyZNeiWgIEGvdX5tvNMbEyaBCk7k0umnkdtM fvXk7UORkarzGe3nPMS77RyIzTPhfsJQW!gr!MM82pBzaYVzoz WAgBwaSg/******ss.gif[/img]

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    I didn't realize when I started to put the table together that bow and stern hits are the least effective (maybe no effect). Some of the numbers in this chart may be a little high because of that. This chart is only for the Russian type 45 torpedo. The German torpedos may be more effective.

Try to put your torpdeo amidships on the big ships to have the most effect.

Look for my IL-2T campaign in about one week. Thirty action packed missions.

Zeus-cat

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    ive been skip bombing with the me262
    good survival rate

<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

For a POOR survival rate but VERY effective at sinkin a boat. Load a HE-111 with 2 two thousand pounders and skip bomb it.. You won't survive the blast

Virtus Junxit,
    Mors Non Separabit.
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAGcT2og50!y1f7NgYX4rH0SBKAJ0*TnOdC3*WtgnO6hGP KX5PiB5W62XzquB*!VrAP7Zdv0N0X0XoOghYlsdCNgJc9MWMJg aWb0iiKk/109g2%20small.jpg[/img]
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When all else fails, play dead.)
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADWAvYSnGZaJjyZNeiWgIEGvdX5tvNMbEyaBCk7k0umnkdtM fvXk7UORkarzGe3nPMS77RyIzTPhfsJQW!gr!MM82pBzaYVzoz WAgBwaSg/******ss.gif[/img]

I thought amidships was the least effective torpedo hit location, as the extra armor belt is located there, and the best place was the stern, where is skin is thinnest, not to mention the vital steering gear and engine components