🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft Connect forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

UPlay games do not run with .NET 4.5 installed

I have an issue with the UPlay game library and it's compatibility with .NET. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or has a work around.

I have installed the 5.1 build of UPlay and have two games, Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed Black Flag.

If I have .NET 4.5 installed, which I require for a number of other applications, every game in UPlay sits 'installing additional components' and will not run and shows nothing on the screen. I have to stop UPlay from process manager. This impacts every game in my vast library of 2 games.

If I remove .NET 4.5 and restart my PC, UPlay and my games run fine. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know have to make UPlay .NET compatible?

I find it interesting that it fails to run correctly with .NET installed, but obviously does not need it since it runs without it.

I have tried with .NET 4.0 as well. Same issue. Cannot go older as other applications I run need .NET 4.5. Frustrating to have to remove .NET every time I want to play, then install again to use my computer normally.

My Rig:

Windows 7.0 8GB Ram.
    Pentium I5 at 3.4GHz
    Nvidia GTX 670 2GB DirectX 11

I have a number of other games (direct and Steam) and all work fine.

Any thoughts?

Hello big_al001,

Thank you for contacting us with your issue. I have spoken to a colleague who runs .NET 4.5 on his computer and Uplay runs fine for him, so it's possible that the issue doesn't lie directly with .NET 4.5, but with some other software/services you have installed that run on it. Have you tried submitting a question to the Ubisoft Support team to see if they have any insight into the issue? You can contact Ubisoft support through our ticket system's webform found by clicking on "My questions" on this page and then clicking "Ask a Question".

If you have any issues using the webform, you can contact support for assistance through their Facebook page, Twitter account or by phone.

Thanks for your replay. I have tried contacting UBISOFT in the question category. Pending an answer after a few weeks, so I thought I would try the forum. Appreciate the feedback.

Hello again big_al001,

In general you should expect at least an initial response (though depending on the issue not necessarily a solution) within two working days. If you've been waiting for a few weeks without any kind of response at all, then I suggest you try contacting the Ubisoft Support team through one of their other channels to ask them about the delay in receiving a response. As I mentioned above, you can contact support for assistance through their Facebook page, Twitter account or by phone.

Please ensure that you include your question ID when you contact them.