Assassin's Creed Unity skills and gear questions.

I just started playing Unity and I've gotten to the section where Arno has become an assassin so now I have access to skills, gear and weapons. I have no idea which skills to focus on in the long run. Same with the gear. So I was wondering, is it viable to cross-train so I can try out different styles of gameplay or should I settle on a more narrow playing style and concentrate on for example stealth?

About choosing/buying gear and weapons. Obviously the most effective thing to do is getting gear that matches the skills, but to what extend can you mix different kind of gear and weapons and still be effective in battle/missions?

So basically, how viable is it to play as a "jack of all trades"-character in terms of skills and gear?

I really appreciate the help :-)

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    You can easily mix all of them. Soon enough you'll have enough points to get all skills anyways. Upgrade what you think it's important and what you use. For example, if you use a sword, there is no reason to upgrade the heavy weapons skill, do just the sword and move to the next category.

Originally Posted by Alphacos007 Go to original post
    You can easily mix all of them. Soon enough you'll have enough points to get all skills anyways. Upgrade what you think it's important and what you use. For example, if you use a sword, there is no reason to upgrade the heavy weapons skill, do just the sword and move to the next category.
    Okay, so if I want to switch from one-handed to heavy weapons it's best to wait until I have leveled up the one-handed skill tree? In other words, focus on one weapon skill tree at a time?

Thanks for the reply ☺

There isn't really a skill tree for each type of weapon, you can unlock the skills as you please. And the skills only help you, you can easily change weapons categories without having them skills for them. I actually only bought the weapons skills on the very end of the game because I already had everything else.

Originally Posted by Alphacos007 Go to original post
    There isn't really a skill tree for each type of weapon, you can unlock the skills as you please. And the skills only help you, you can easily change weapons categories without having them skills for them. I actually only bought the weapons skills on the very end of the game because I already had everything else.
    That's all I needed to hear. Thanks!

Glad to help