🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft Connect forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Good job uplay...

For the last half hour I've been trying to get uplay to add a friend... At my side it tells me a friend request has been send but the other person does not receive an invitation. Also why is it not possible to invite a friend for coop using uplay in Splinter Cell Blacklist... Sometimes the other person does not receive the invitation and when he does it tries to connect and fails to join the game. However creating a public lobby allows other people to join...

Please fix your client so that it works for once. This is the second time that it's taken over half an hour to try and add someone to the friends list...

EDIT: After an hour and a half going back and forth between the client en the website sending friend invites. Invite finally made it trought but now for some reason on my screen the other person is online but I'm offline to them. Fix your ..... broken client.

EDIT: Finally able to add my friend on uplay and he can see my status.

STILL NOT ABLE TO PLAY TOGETHER. This is the second splinter cell game that we are not able to play together. Future soldier did not work either. The co-op feature was the only reason for purchasing those two games in the first place. This is bull....

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 can still be played online co-op how the hell is it possible that 2 modern games don't work...

Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer
    Hi BramVL,

Regarding your points. First, it's unfortunate to see that you're having issues adding your friend. This is normally a near instantaneous action but it's certainly possible that there can be some delays if we're experiencing service interruptions with the friends system.

That being said we have identified a few rare occurrences that could prevent people from adding friends which we've resolved in our most recent update (Released today)
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...7#post10667547

It's entirely possible that you were hit with this bug.

In regards to using Uplay to manage game invites. While there certainly is some integration for some games such as invite options and notifications etc., the majority of Multiplayer features are handled by the games themselves rather than the Uplay client.

Out of interest however can BOTH host a public game which actually allows other people to connect?
    Can you also both join other people's games?

I ask because there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to join each other if the above is possible. The thing that first comes to mind is port forwarding which would need to be done on both ends.

You can find the game specific ports on this page:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/2732/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-splinter-cell-blacklist/kA030000000eZ4PCAU

Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer
    Hi BramVL,

Regarding your points. First, it's unfortunate to see that you're having issues adding your friend. This is normally a near instantaneous action but it's certainly possible that there can be some delays if we're experiencing service interruptions with the friends system.

That being said we have identified a few rare occurrences that could prevent people from adding friends which we've resolved in our most recent update (Released today)
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...7#post10667547

It's entirely possible that you were hit with this bug.

In regards to using Uplay to manage game invites. While there certainly is some integration for some games such as invite options and notifications etc., the majority of Multiplayer features are handled by the games themselves rather than the Uplay client.

Out of interest however can BOTH host a public game which actually allows other people to connect?
    Can you also both join other people's games?

I ask because there's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to join each other if the above is possible. The thing that first comes to mind is port forwarding which would need to be done on both ends.

You can find the game specific ports on this page:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/2732/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-splinter-cell-blacklist/kA030000000eZ4PCAU