In the cockpit of the KI-84 there is a gauge in the center of the console (beside the RPM gauge) this is colored 1/2 red.

Does anyone know what this gauge is for?

Better yet, anyone know where I can find a cockpit layout in english for the KI-84 and the Zero?

Thanks in advance.

24 beers in a case.
    24 hours in a day.
    Coincidence...I think not !!!

In the cockpit of the KI-84 there is a gauge in the center of the console (beside the RPM gauge) this is colored 1/2 red.

Does anyone know what this gauge is for?

Better yet, anyone know where I can find a cockpit layout in english for the KI-84 and the Zero?

Thanks in advance.

24 beers in a case.
    24 hours in a day.
    Coincidence...I think not !!!

I beleive that might be a boost gauge. Don't hold me to it though. Be careful asking for help on Japanese instruments, some guy tried to lay em out but I know at least three that were completely off, the fuel gauge being the main one. Generally if the needle is at full when you start with 25% fuel I'd say it isnt the fuel gauge.

The gauge your inquiring about is the manifold pressure gauge. There was another thread about what the Ki and Zero gauges were but I can't find it. I flew the AvHistory japanese plane's quite a bit in CFS2 MP so I'll edit some pics of the FB Japanese planes cockpits and post back here with description's of what the gauges are that I can remember.

Kanno

I'm not saying it is, but only because I'm not too familiar with that plane; I'm sure these two are right. As I recall, the manifold-pressure gauge on the CFS2 planes was half red.

On a side note, manifold pressure and boost designate the same thing. Manifold pressure is used by Americans, boost is the British term. Manifold pressure indicates the suction caused by the engine, and it is often useful for regulating the throttle setting. Most people probably don't find much use for it since we have the % throttle setting in the HUD.

The ongoing IL-2 User's Guide | Forgotten Skies

Some a/c don't allow below 100% fuel even if you select below 100%.

PF_Coastie's Avatar Senior Member
    That is in fact the manifold pressure.

Check this site out for all your cockpit and ammo questions:

http://free-st.hinet.hr/dvd/

PF_Coastie

Coasties Place

OFFICIAL ATI BETA TESTER

excellent link Coastie... thnx for sharing

Excellent site Coastie !!!!

Just what I was looking for.

Thank you, sir.

24 beers in a case.