ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member

DLC 3/17 "Shamrock Song Pack"

Today, Rocksmith celebrates St. Patrick's Day with five rocking Irish songs from a collection of artists. The setlist is:

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston
    Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies
    The Cranberries - Zombie
    Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
    Villagers - Becoming a Jackal

Note: All five songs are in E Standard.

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocks...g-pack-zombie/

rtk3's Avatar Member
    "Zombie:" Sweet...I learned this a long long time ago on a tab when I first picked up the guitar. I'll have to pick this up for RS this week.

lostnite66's Avatar Member
    Been at the bar drinking Killians and some shots since before dawn, now trying to practice Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly before I go back out for more festivities.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

EvoKondo's Avatar Member
    Fun pack I love the punk rock. Had a hangover this morning from playing last night or was it the beer?

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Zombie's a bit disappointing/boring. Flogging Molly's a lot more fun. I don't think I'll pick up any of the others.

No beer for me. Dentist/Antibiotics say no. I'm sure I'll make it up soon enough

I love how the lead guitar track in both the Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly songs are actually banjo tracks. It's feeding my long-simmering need to get a tenor banjo.

Ok this is 5 different artists put in one pack. I had no intention of buying all 5 songs, but the fact I can buy them in a pack, well now I might just buy the pack,my question is why Is this not done every time there is more then one artist on dlc day? I mean how come this week it can be in a pack, but say the dlc of other weeks it is not put into a pack, and we are forced to buy each song separate if we want them.

JarredMcAdams's Avatar Rocksmith Notetracker
    Originally Posted by Costlyspider Go to original post
    Ok this is 5 different artists put in one pack. I had no intention of buying all 5 songs, but the fact I can buy them in a pack, well now I might just buy the pack,my question is why Is this not done every time there is more then one artist on dlc day? I mean how come this week it can be in a pack, but say the dlc of other weeks it is not put into a pack, and we are forced to buy each song separate if we want them.
    As with so many things, it comes down to licensing. We have to have explicit permission to sell songs from different artists as part of a pack. That means getting permission from each of the license holder involved. It takes longer to get that permission because it's an extra step in the process, and sometimes they deny us the permission. We try to do it whenever we can.

Yeah, I was surprised to see it as a bundle. I was only planning on picking up 3 of the 5, but since buying the fourth gets me the fifth, why not. The only reason I was going to skip on certain songs was because they seemed too easy (and damn, I can say that now, thanks Rocksmith).

I also picked up the Pearl Jam pack as my "legacy purchase" for the week.