Take on those battleships with this

Take on those battleships with this

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    I don't think there will be much need for an Ohka pilot campaign

No Ohka pilot could even bail out...they sealed you in the cockpit. One way flight, baby.

As far as flyable Ohkas, I suspect it would get old really quick. Hit the motors, aim, crash, die. Not a lot of fun

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash

There are not only campaigns but single missions as well, and an Ohka launched from a betty mothership would be quite an interesting addition, expecially since Oleg has the code from mother and son planes already done.
    I don't think it would get old faster tham Me-163 or B-1 anyway.

Thats true, but would be possibilities for setting up intercepts on Bettys carrying the Okhas to their release points, providing the we can have a model of the Okha and Betty modified to carry it.

As the Betty is going to be a player flyable, you could play it from both sides.

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

Look Noobie, we already told you, we don't have the Patch!

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt_Harlock:
    There are not only campaigns but single missions as well, and an Ohka launched from a betty mothership would be quite an interesting addition, expecially since Oleg has the code from mother and son planes already done.
    I don't think it would get old faster tham Me-163 or B-1 anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An Me-163 and a Bl-1 can shoot back. You do realise there are no guns on an Ohka, right? You cannot dogfight in an Ohka.

I can see missions in which Ohkas are present. I can't see how you could have anything other than a single mission with the player being a pilot of an Ohka.

The Ohka pilot has a bolted shut canopy. He dies. Thunder Gods don't come home.

Flying a Betty mothership is one thing, but a campaign based on a suicide mission? That's not a campaign, it's a single mission. Kamikaze pilots could fly home with a loss of face. Ohka pilots didn't even have landing gear. One way trip, Buh-Bye. They were assured that their spirits would carry on the fight for Japan, they weren't worried about coming home.

"Duty is heavier than a mountain; Death is lighter than a feather".

I would still like to see them implemented as AI. We have V1's even in dogfight servers now, the inclusion of these would make the Allied campaigns more interesting.

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
    I don't think there will be much need for an Ohka pilot campaign

No Ohka pilot could even bail out...they sealed you in the cockpit. One way flight, baby.

As far as flyable Ohkas, I suspect it would get old _really_ quick. Hit the motors, aim, crash, die. Not a lot of fun

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true, just a rumor. The pilots where never locked in, they where honored to die for their Emperor.

"Son, never ask a man if he is a fighter pilot. If he is, he'll let you know. If he isn't, don't embarrass him."
    When in doubt, climb!