🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    bubka122's Avatar Senior Member

Region locked DLC?

Hi,

I was trying to install the DLC I bought for my PS3 version of RS2014 on my PS4. I managed to download all the songs but then it got stuck in a "Waiting to istall"-status. My copy of RS is Swedish but the DLC I've bought is from the Canadian and American PSN as I lived in North America for a while.

I used to be able to play my American DLC on my Swedish RS2014 on my PS3 but now I'm not able to on my PS4.

So my question is, have the DLC been region locked for the PS4/XBOX One?

Or have anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    My understanding is that they have to be the same region, and that it's always been that way. I'm surprised it worked at all, but I don't use a PlayStation, so I wouldn't know for sure.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    another scam that needs to cease. You bought the DLC, you bought the game, you should be able to use both where ever in the world you want to use them, YOU BOUGHT THEM!

This region bull#$%^ has to stop.

We in Oz pay 50% more for everything because we can't buy from the world global market,no, we HAVE to buy from an Oz retailer that adds 50% because of economies of scale. What a bloody joke!

Don't get me started on digital downloads......
     1 people found this helpful

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Everything on the One is region free, games and DLC.

Loving digital downloads, many a bargain to be had from foreign stores, I certainly wouldn't be paying ridiculous UK prices for digital games, which more often than not cost more than the physical disc, never have quite been able to work that one out.

When I used to play on PS3 I bought a US copy of RS1, I had to set up a US PSN profile and buy form the US PSN store, not sure if anything has changed for PS4.

Why boast that the PS4 is region free if the bloody DLC isn't!?

I won't pay for them again with the horrendous mark-up on the currency exchange on the Playstation Store. 1$ on the PSN = 10 kr, 1 $ Actual currency = 8,72 kr. 2 years ago it was 1$ = 6,56.

I guess my only option is to shell out $59 for a digital American copy of the game God I'm annoyed by this.

Seriously you'd think everything would just be bought from and bound to your UPlay account.

Does anyone know if there is any other way around this?

I sent a refund request to SEN to see if I can get any money back for this. Using such fancy words as thus and chimaera hoping that they'll listen. I'm 99% sure they will not though.

Update.. they did not want to give me money back, shelled out 59.99 anyway for the american version, thank god it's a game I really love, otherwise it would really feel like a waste.

Just realized why it was 5 years since I posted in this forum Stopped playing after this