This game has been mostly unplayable for me since it came out, please fix!

I have been unable to play the game due to stuttering and flickering badly of the game since it came out. I built an SLI system to take advantage of the high graphics and to max games I play with my high resolution monitor. I don't want to play with one card as that is not what I built, nor will one max out the games I play, and this game supposedly supports SLI (though it is looking doubtful now that is actually true.) I am not into screwing with many settings or files to get a game to play correctly, nor is it needed.

I could see issues the first few weeks, or first month maybe with a game but it has been out for almost 5 MONTHS now and it hasn't been fixed even somewhat, even after so many updates and patches!

If you don't want to listen to us via support (as I have put in a couple tickets now), we will make it heard with out wallets. I am done as of now with Ubi games due to these major issues, and now a broken Far Cry 4 game due to last patch. Fix it right and asap if you wish to keep a very hesitant customer as I have lost faith in Ubi being able to do so now...

iiNN3X's Avatar Member
    You are not the first my friend, and until people follow and stop buying future products from Ubi, they will just continue doing what they are doing now and that is releasing half arsed 'finished' games.

Aiy, I know I'm not the first, and really wish people would not pre-order games as they are unproven also. So many instances of companies (not just Ubi) releasing messes and people still do it...

I wish Ubi etc would stop the DLC stuff and focus on fixing these major issues, then work on DLC stuff...

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    SLI is a geforce problem NOT a Ubi or any other game makers problem... every time a patch for the game is released it is up to Geforce to release a driver with an SLI update.. SLI is problematic and not cost effective and you have to wait till months after everyone has finished a game before drivers make it playable for SLI.

Check out the geforce forums and you'll see nothing but problems for SLI... even Nvidia do not care.

By the time Nvidia drivers fix Unity SLI everyone else will have finished Rogue and GTAV

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    SLI is a geforce problem NOT a Ubi or any other game makers problem... every time a patch for the game is released it is up to Geforce to release a driver with an SLI update.. SLI is problematic and not cost effective and you have to wait till months after everyone has finished a game before drivers make it playable for SLI.

Check out the geforce forums and you'll see nothing but problems for SLI... even Nvidia do not care.

By the time Nvidia drivers fix Unity SLI everyone else will have finished Rogue and GTAV
    There is a major issue with performance, flashing/flickering, and LOD with Crossfire, I think its outrageous these companies can sell the idea of dual cards , etc without really offering the performance they make claims for. I still think however, unlike you, ACU is still not fully optimised for AMD cards and that more needs to be done

The game runs perfectly well for the average gamer....

Where problems are still arising it is alway due to what someone feels they are entitled...

If I put 10 HD monitors side by side, and demanded Ubi make a resolution of 19200 x 1080... Ubi would say ...we make the game to our design not yours. But people spend money on SLI and feel a gaming company should make sure that Nvidia or AMD hardware works for them... that is not their problem.

same with LOD or FPS, as soon as someone has spent money on their PC they think it entitles them to something more... the game is made, finished. It does not come with any better LOD than it has and most gamers do not worry about it... it is just some think they are entitled because they think their PC is not being "maxxed" same with FPS people have an unrealistic figure in their heads of what they think the game should produce on their machine and if it is less they start saying the game is broken.....

There are solutions for flickering but that subject must be buried now because the game is old and so is the subject...

I--Skeptik--I's Avatar Member
    SLI and texture/shadow flickering go hand-in-hand. Try disabling SLI and that will probably resolve your texture/shadow flickering problem.

Also, I've read that Ubi doesn't even fully know how to manipulate their engine that they built for this game, so I can see how that would make it harder to fix major issues. IMO Rogue is 10x better than Unity ever could be. Then again AC:BF is my favorite AC title, so it's right up my alley.

Unity was just a test, or catalyst for their bigger release....Victory which is due out at the end of 2015. Unity was nothing more than a prolonged beta test for us, the public. They are going to take what they learned from Unity and apply it to Victory. No one had high hopes for Unity (at Ubi), like I said...it was just a test.

Originally Posted by lespaul678 Go to original post
    SLI and texture/shadow flickering go hand-in-hand. Try disabling SLI and that will probably resolve your texture/shadow flickering problem.

Also, I've read that Ubi doesn't even fully know how to manipulate their engine that they built for this game, so I can see how that would make it harder to fix major issues. IMO Rogue is 10x better than Unity ever could be. Then again AC:BF is my favorite AC title, so it's right up my alley.

Unity was just a test, or catalyst for their bigger release....Victory which is due out at the end of 2015. Unity was nothing more than a prolonged beta test for us, the public. They are going to take what they learned from Unity and apply it to Victory. No one had high hopes for Unity (at Ubi), like I said...it was just a test.

A 40 pounds test!

@stringoi, ACU is not even six months old, stop being an Ubi apologist

Originally Posted by ecocrash Go to original post
    A 40 pounds test!

@stringoi, ACU is not even six months old, stop being an Ubi apologist
    I've played over 600 hours and that is old, there are not many in co-op now, most people are playing Rogue....

Ubi apologist ? thanks for the compliment, when you stoop to personal attacks it means you cannot find a rational answer and the knee jerk reaction is always an attempt to devalue the winning sides debate by trying to devalue that side.

Maybe it's the fact it is not only SLI. Strigoi 1958 has made it clear that SLI is a NVidia problem and I will agree to that. But how about people falling from the sky, or getting stuck in a wall twice on the day after they released patch 5, or a borderless window mode that isn't functioning right. The only person I can speak for is me, but I don't feel "entitled" to anything when I buy a game except that the game works. Unity, for many, but not everyone, didn't work, it was riddled with problems and although they have fixed many of them, they haven't got them all. They(Ubisoft)feel the same as me about their game or they would not have made a public apology on this very forum, given away free games, and a DLC.

I don't think apologist is the right word, but I think every consumer should hold them to standard they created before Unity. I have read lots of posts on this forum from many of the more vocal people who have lots of great things to say about almost every game in the AC series, fans of the previous games can probably think back to some of their favorites in the series an not remember any of those having such a bad launch as Unity. Rogue was just released and played well with SLI, so maybe its the new engine, maybe they are still learning, but if they are I don't want to take part in any more full price BETA testing.