AC ROGUE - Draw distance / Level of details / pop-in

Hi Guys,

Qick to the facts: I run the game on max settings with even with DSR at 1.78 at a stable 60 fps

The game is showing terribe draw dstance on the level of details and pop-ins. this is really annoying and visible in towns. Do you guys experience that? This i way worse than AC4 and I cant undertand why.

Comon Ubi give us a qick patch for that...thast really bad. It looks wors than Unity pop-in wise...

anyone got a cure for tis? is there an hidden option setting in a text file somewhere I dont know..its really killing the imersion having all those textures on wall chaging in a pixaled animtion all over the place

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    Someone give me strength another person who doesn't play games and is more concerned about the background scenery... AC games are for gamers... the vanishing of Ethan Carter is made for people who like to look a long way off in the distance while not really having much game to play... I think it is in the steam sale... so you can get it cheap and enjoy not playing just looking...

Dellers's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't really care about it, especially since this isn't really a main game. I'll rather have a short drawing distance than all the stutter issues in the Ubi games from 2014.

Short draw distance isn't game breaking to me. But getting stuck in walls, falling through the world and people falling from the sky while next gen hair and clothes are stuttering everywhere on people who are missing their faces, that kinda killed the immersion for me on the last game. But that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    Someone give me strength another person who doesn't play games and is more concerned about the background scenery... AC games are for gamers... the vanishing of Ethan Carter is made for people who like to look a long way off in the distance while not really having much game to play... I think it is in the steam sale... so you can get it cheap and enjoy not playing just looking...
    Oh cut the c... i would expect post like this on a console subforum is it so hard to ad god damn proper draw distance slider we asked for since the first game? rogue has worse draw distance than AC3 witch came 3 years ago its almost as bad as AC2 witch was beyond terrible and yea i also like to look at a good scenery coupled with good gameplay
    i supose im not a true gamer than?

basically no, if you cannot overlook the minor imperfections that every game has and just play it... and, if you think scenery is more important than gameplay... then definitely no.

You've played a lot of AC games so Ubi must be doing something right.

Games have a limited budget.... money is spent on the features that are meant to help sell the game... I don't have any figures to back this up but I'd bet my life that gameplay comes a long long long way before scenery.

What would you be prepared to sacrifice from a game in exchange for the scenery.... there's a lot of people who would put up a battle against story-line/ plot cuts or collectibles being dropped or missions left out just so money can be spent on scenery.

I would suggest game devs bring out games then sell HD scenery DLC at $50 a time and I bet the scenery would suddenly be less important.

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    basically no, if you cannot overlook the minor imperfections that every game has and just play it... and, if you think scenery is more important than gameplay... then definitely no.

You've played a lot of AC games so Ubi must be doing something right.

Games have a limited budget.... money is spent on the features that are meant to help sell the game... I don't have any figures to back this up but I'd bet my life that gameplay comes a long long long way before scenery.

What would you be prepared to sacrifice from a game in exchange for the scenery.... there's a lot of people who would put up a battle against story-line/ plot cuts or collectibles being dropped or missions left out just so money can be spent on scenery.

I would suggest game devs bring out games then sell HD scenery DLC at $50 a time and I bet the scenery would suddenly be less important.
    So we arent alowed to ask for better? and how did you come to a conclusion wktfherockubi dosnt play the game he asked nicely can something be done about it and you automaticaly asume he cares more about graphics than gameplay he obviously wont stop playing game just because of the piss poor draw distance btw to answer his question no nothing can be done about it nor it will be patched because let me quote watch dogs devs its pc who cares

we can all ask for better... I want a Ferrari engine and looks with a ford Badge and price... it's not going to happen.

I do not even consider myself a "true gamer" and I play 40 to 60 hours every week.. I have 22 million livres in Unity and 15 million creed points and I don't even consider Unity to be one of my most played games... and I've only completed 2 games 100% ever and I've put over 1500 hours into those 2 games.

True gamers... IMHO are those who care about nothing else than being able to play a game... I see some of them on here with 5 year old systems... prepared to play at 20 to 25 fps with all settings as low as possible on a incredibly low resolution... like 1024 x 768... those guys are the true gamers... nothing is important except the gameplay.

we could all ask for birds in the sky or cobwebs or insects.... none of them affect gameplay which is the fundamental selling point.

PC games sell extremely poorly compared to consoles games... so we are entitled to very little and should expect very little.... the fact that we drop 2 or 3 thousand on a pc doesn't entitle us to more than a console gets. It's not nice but I just appreciate anything... as long as a game is good.

oh boy...reading your coments is so sad. First of all you dont have to judge my quality standards compared to yours.If I have higher expactation than console quality for a pc game it is my choice Specially comparing this game to the simlar product that were AC3 and AC4

And then comparing or consdering this rediculous draw distance to be as important as "birds in the sky" or "insects" or plain scenery is the most stupid thing I eve seen on forum. Entire wall or parts of buildings/assets just completly switch textures. This problem is only obvious in towns.

You have not yet reached towns like New-York or have really, really low expectations for the poduct that you buy.

Possible Fix

Hello,
    I believe .ini file to be bugged. Maybe you noticed that changing your level of detail doesnīt really change anything (and even FPS is unchanged). I donīt know whether thatīs correct - I may have not analysed the problem properly due to limited resources and only testing my friendīs game - but you should try THIS anyway -->

Locate your .ini file (in the Documents, yes).
    Make a backup of your .ini file (deleting the file and starting the game will write the default .ini file if youīre lazy to do backups).
    Open it and simply change EnvironmentQuality=# to EnvironmentQuality=4 and TextureQuality=# to TextureQuality=2.
    MAKE SURE YOUR .INI FILE IS MARKED READ ONLY (else it will bug out resolution and other things - unnecessary).
    If that doesnīt work, just use my .ini file settings, it worked for me; donīt forget to make the file "read only" after you save your new setting.

Spoiler:  Show

[Graphics_DX11]
    Donīt touch your AdapterVendorID, AdapterDeviceID, MonitorDesc (and possibly Refresh Rate).

DisplayWidth=1920
    DisplayHeight=1080
    RefreshRate=60
    BorderlessWindow=0
    AntiAliasingMode=0
    MultiSampleType=0
    AnisotropicFiltering=3
    OceanQuality=1
    PostEffectsQuality=1
    VSync=0
    EnvironmentQuality=4
    TextureQuality=2
    ShadowQuality=3
    ReflectionQuality=2
    CharacterQuality=2
    PostFX=1
    UseGodRays=1
    MotionBlur=0
    SSAO=0

Those settings cetainly arenīt the best - it still seems to bug Graphical Options menu a little bit - but all problems I had with Draw Distance were removed. Feel free to test different numbers, nothing bad can happen! Just backup your original .ini file or delete him, the game is going to create the new one if you do so.

Worked for my friend, hope it works for you aswell.